On 11/06/2020 at 00:00, tm91 said:

We don't have a history of insulting or discriminating against French people, as far as I can remember.

Dunno, I can't stand the snail eating wanks from Paris myself, those from other parts are alright but I wouldn't be looking to stay there any time soon.

dougal72 likes this
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love nothing more than Morelos scoring the winning goal to make us champions at their midden, and Arfield to grab Laxalt by the hair and tie him to the goal post to celebrate. We deserve th

Big Kris Boyd nails them again.    I CAN just picture Gerry McCulloch and everyone else in the celtic media department now. “That was great, Peter. You’ve got that spot-on.” “You th

Oh ya fucker    FROM ARSENAL TO CELTIC: WHERE BRITAIN’S ELITE FOOTBALL CLUBS SPENT THE WINTER BREAK Old Firm Facts 3 hours ago Celtic have recently returned from a trip to Duba

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

Dunno, I can't stand the snail eating wanks from Paris myself, those from other parts are alright but I wouldn't be looking to stay there any time soon.

Paris has to be the least welcoming place I've ever been , horrible city. As you say most other French places I've been have been great

Have heard Marseille is a a bit of a shitehole.

Malvern and Blueshoff like this
18 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Much as I loved Barnes as a player and how fun it was to see him crash and burn at them, he is talking nonsense.

He was sacked because he was a terrible manager. End of.

Thats not what he is debating if you read his tweets, he has, correctly i might add, highlighted that managers with worse or same records as himself were given longer in the job, and funnily enough they were white managers

And tbh he probably has a bit of a point, they're aren't many successful black managers, and any that have tried and failed dont bounce around jobs like white managers do, down south its like a merry go round at times the way managers just move around clubs (not as much now but say a decade or two ago thats all they did down there) 

Perfect example, steve bruce has had 11 managerial jobs, best he's done is an FA cup runners up medal, 7 of they jobs his win % is below 40%, sunderland he was below 30%

Paul ince, 6 managerial jobs, best he's done is the FL trophy and won league 2 iirc, his win % werent any worse than Bruce's, out of the 6 gigs 3 were below 40 and two of they ones were below 30%

7 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Paris has to be the least welcoming place I've ever been , horrible city. As you say most other French places I've been have been great

I love Paris, Marseilles has its rough parts, but isn't as bad/sleazy as its older reputation.

8 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Paris is fantastic , especially if you can speak French

Junior Soprano likes this
2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats not what he is debating if you read his tweets, he has, correctly i might add, highlighted that managers with worse or same records as himself were given longer in the job, and funnily enough they were white managers

And tbh he probably has a bit of a point, they're aren't many successful black managers, and any that have tried and failed dont bounce around jobs like white managers do, down south its like a merry go round at times the way managers just move around clubs (not as much now but say a decade or two ago thats all they did down there) 

Perfect example, steve bruce has had 11 managerial jobs, best he's done is an FA cup runners up medal, 7 of they jobs his win % is below 40%, sunderland he was below 30%

Paul ince, 6 managerial jobs, best he's done is the FL trophy and won league 2 iirc, his win % werent any worse than Bruce's, out of the 6 gigs 3 were below 40 and two of they ones were below 30%

Compare how Bruce and Ince speak though. Which one sounds more insightful? Who is more likely to impress at an interview? For as good a player that he was, the odd time I've seen Ince do some punditry it's just fucking painful to watch.

Not that they seem like they'd want to, but I reckon Ferdinand, Micah Richards or Jermaine Jenas wouldn't have a problem getting a managerial job. All three seem like fairly intelligent guys (for footballers) and speak very well. I will on the other hand be absolutely astounded if Ashley Cole has a successful career in management because the guy can't string a coherent sentence together, not because of his race.

barrymorrison1 likes this
8 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Paris is fantastic , especially if you can speak French

It's funny. Going on what I'd heard I expected to love the city and be disappointed by the people. In actual fact it was the opposite. Found the people quite warm, but the city quite flat. Although the obvious set piece attractions were stunning.

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did Bruce not have an exceptional record in getting teams promoted?

I'm sure that's what still makes him appealing to clubs

6 hours ago, Malvern said:

if you are good enough for the job and improve the team it doesn't matter a fuck what your colour of nationality is.

If you're shit and black you're just a shit manager, there are plenty of shit white ones too so racial equality is maintained.

Aye but as barnes has implied, shit white managers seem to get longer in jobs and more job opportunities, and there is a bit of evidence towards that 

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye but as barnes has implied, shit white managers seem to get longer in jobs and more job opportunities, and there is a bit of evidence towards that 

Shit load more qualified white managers than ethnic minority ones in this country. How do Indians or Pakistani do on the list?

I am not buying the "you're fired 'cause your black routine", next we will get BMM (Black Managers Matter).

GazTops likes this
8 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Shit load more qualified white managers than ethnic minority ones in this country. How do Indians or Pakistani do on the list?

I am not buying the "you're fired 'cause your black routine", next we will get BMM (Black Managers Matter).

The number of ethnic minority managers isnt the issue he debates, 

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The number of ethnic minority managers isnt the issue he debates, 

He isn't debating anything, he is saying I got fired as I am black and I say he got fired as he was shit. Take whatever racial connotation you want.

Maybe he can go back to singing...

magic8ball likes this
11 minutes ago, Malvern said:

He isn't debating anything, he is saying I got fired as I am black and I say he got fired as he was shit. Take whatever racial connotation you want.

Maybe he can go back to singing...

He isn't saying he got fired for being black, he admits results weren't good, the racial part comes from him getting less time in the job than white managers who had similar records as he did

Wether he's right or not we'll never know as the celtic boars would never admit it (theres a fucking surprise) but it does allow debate

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He isn't saying he got fired for being black, he admits results weren't good, the racial part comes from him getting less time in the job than white managers who had similar records as he did

Wether he's right or not we'll never know as the celtic boars would never admit it (theres a fucking surprise) but it does allow debate

So race does come into it, it's alright I know the answer, in a club like Rotherham when you get shit results it is expected, as hard for me to admit at the scum you will not get that latitude due to the demands of the fans.

Basically he is a shit manager. As Michael said "It don't matter if you're black or white"

On 12/06/2020 at 17:49, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think you're forgetting paul ince is a knob. 

magic8ball likes this
9 hours ago, Malvern said:

This is a massive oversimplification of the point being made. The discussion isn’t about overt, explicit racism; it’s about unconscious bias. That black managers may be sacked at a time where a white manager would be given another game, or that black managers are more quickly written off as failures vs white managers.

38 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

This is a massive oversimplification of the point being made. The discussion isn’t about overt, explicit racism; it’s about unconscious bias. That black managers may be sacked at a time where a white manager would be given another game, or that black managers are more quickly written off as failures vs white managers.

You can prove the unconscious bias, I could see he was a shit manager.

magic8ball likes this
1 hour ago, Malvern said:

You can prove the unconscious bias, I could see he was a shit manager.

Opens a whole different can of worms ,Black managers then need to be allowed more time because if they don’t get it ,the race card gets played ,Which in turn makes it more difficult to get employment because if it goes wrong they become harder to sack 😳

GazTops likes this