C*ltc

They should be getting done for fielding an ineligible player seeing as he should have been isolating as per government and sfa rules.

Instead they get games postponed (at benefit to them as they don’t have to play with a player out isolating) and yet still get to play their CL game. Anywhere else it would be unbelievable, in Scotland sadly I would expect nothing less.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.... if the government/spfl deem this serious enough to pause the league, what are the spfl going to do about celtic fielding an ineligible player that caused it? 

i asked earlier but why was bolignoli ineligible? does anyone know under what ruling? 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

i asked earlier but why was bolignoli ineligible? does anyone know under what ruling? 

Don’t know the rule as such but Aberdeen players who didn’t test positive still have to isolate as they broke the football bubble, so the taig is no different. And you can add to that he should have been in quarantine for 2 weeks after coming back from Spain as per government guidelines so he was actually ineligible in 2 ways! 

There's absolutely no way they'll just cancel tarrier matches, I mean if we win our two games while they don't play, having the points already on the board could be a psychological advantage even this early on and it simply won't be allowed to happen.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Are UEFA really going to accept that it’s unsafe for Scottish clubs to play football on the 17th but fine on the 18th?

and are they going to accept that it's okay to field an  ineligible player and put the safety of other players at risk?

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

What’s the incentive for clubs to control their players here? Break the rules? No problem, we’ll just stop the whole league. Surely offending clubs forfeiting 2 weeks worth of games would be fair and go a long way to preventing further breaches.

Why can't they digital shackle those who breach the rules for the rest of the season. Those not breaking the rules shouldn't be punished.

Archived