C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ger_onimo said:

What’s the bit in bold about?

I struggle to think of another situation in football where a rule breach by one club or player results in the whole league being punished. 

There are other clubs who are currently investigating reports of their players also breaching the guidelines.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mustve missed the part when they established the club's culpability.

Is an employer not responsible for the actions of their employees while doing his job, ie training and playing?

Again, you’re trying to see it only from their side.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Is an employer not responsible for the actions of their employees while doing his job, ie training and playing?

Again, you’re trying to see it only from their side.

No, I'm seeing it from the side of the law.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because football was only given the go ahead to restart on the basis that everyone adhered to the guidelines. Its pretty clear that players (and not just at celtic and Aberdeen) think they are somehow above it. It was always the case that the actions of a few could seriously hurt everyone else and that's coming home to roost now.

That may be the case but it punishes everybody and further adds to fixture congestion. I really don’t see why stopping the game for a month (yet probably allowing them to play their CL qualifier) benefits anyone. Surely punishing those who breach and reward those who don’t is the way to go.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

That may be the case but it punishes everybody and further adds to fixture congestion. I really don’t see why stopping the game for a month (yet probably allowing them to play their CL qualifier) benefits anyone. Surely punishing those who breach and reward those who don’t is the way to go.

The CL qualifier isnt their call to make. That's up to UEFA.

Archived