C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This McKenna business is hilarious. Could potentially be the most overrated Scottish player in recent memory considering the way the media go on about him.

If, and it's a big if, they do sell Tierney the precedence is set on the future fee of Tavernier who is a better player.

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Ajer and Simunovic are both better. 

Stand by that McKenna is average. Fucking majestic if the scum blow millions on him.

He's just your stereotypical Scottish CB decent in the air and a big physical lump but after that hes useless, they would genuinely be better going after Berra at Hearts if that's what their looking for.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

This McKenna business is hilarious. Could potentially be the most overrated Scottish player in recent memory considering the way the media go on about him.

If, and it's a big if, they do sell Tierney the precedence is set on the future fee of Tavernier who is a better player.

No it isn’t.

They would have bought a 21 year old that if he wasn’t a tarrier everybody would be saying how good he is, and has a fair bit of potential. Tavernier’s a good player, he’ll be 29 by the time he leaves, assuming it’s after this window and people’s main argument for him being better always seems to go down to goals.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No it isn’t.

They would have bought a 21 year old that if he wasn’t a tarrier everybody would be saying how good he is, and has a fair bit of potential. Tavernier’s a good player, he’ll be 29 by the time he leaves, assuming it’s after this window and people’s main argument for him being better always seems to go down to goals.

I take your point but there is no reason why we can't be pushing for north of that whether he is 20 or 28. Why can't we put a case to say look Tierney went for this and we want something near it for Tavernier considering he's our captain and on a good long contract. Tierney goes for say 20 we push for 15+ for Tav which I could have maybe mentioned. We'd be selling to a market certainly below Arsenal but not a market that is poor.

My argument for Tavernier isn't based on goals though his goal rate compared to Tierney is night and day. Even if they come from dead balls having a player than can score penalties and free kicks is a skill and it can add a couple of million.

Even when you consider assists his assist rate per game is better than Tierney's since we got promoted and when you compare the weapons Tierney has had compared to Tav is no easy feat.

Defensively we've had more issues with Tav than they've had with Tierney but Tav has undoubtedly improved in that area under Gerrard but Tierney defensively has been got at by decent teams in Europe and ourselves.

Like celtic we should be get every last penny we can from buying clubs. People are happy to sell the likes of Morelos and Tavernier for under 10 million when the market does not reflect that.

19 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Arsenal fans always reckon this guy is on the money with transfer stuff.

They could make some decent money from selling Tierney, McGregor and the two french cunts. 

Aye they could do. But the are absolutely downsizing. 

No champions league money again this year and they are fucked

21 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've never understood this morbid fascination they've always had when it comes to selling their "best" players, when Jelavic etc left I was floored for weeks, with them it's a different ball game entirely. 

Aye it's fucking strange. They seem to get more excited at this stuff than actually playing/winning games 

McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, not worth the money being quoted no but we’ve struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with him in it on numerous occasions, I’d rather they spunked millions on some unknown foreign cb who could bomb completely like Comper than a tried and tested one for this league like McKenna.

17 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, not worth the money being quoted no but we’ve struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with him in it on numerous occasions, I’d rather they spunked millions on some unknown foreign cb who could bomb completely like Comper than a tried and tested one for this league like McKenna.

Best way to judge him is .would you like him in our back 4 instead of Goldson or Katic 

We got both for less too 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Best way to judge him is .would you like him in our back 4 instead of Goldson or Katic 

We got both for less too 

No that’s not what I’m saying, I rate Katic and Goldson much higher but McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, he’d be a decent defender for them in this league though definitely overpriced.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Don't agree with the that at all. 

1-1 away opener we dominated with 10 men and had chances to score. Murphy missed a great chance. 

Beat them 2-0 and 4-2 last season.

League cup we were hampered with Sadiq.

2-0 at home we were pish but they practically played with 6 defenders and got away with challenge after challenge. Many bookings, 8?  Also clear penalty on Morelos which is a red and changes whole game.

1-0 Defeat at home is the only one where they defended greatly, we've struggled to break down Livingston and St Johnstone.  Would you say the same about Tanser and Gallacher?

Yeah he's no Rob Keirnan but he's pretty average and a step down. Would love them blow millions on him, would be a waste like us spending £2m on Souttar. 

So we haven’t struggled to break down an Aberdeen side with 3 clean sheets against us last season?

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So we never scored 8 goals in the other 4 matches against them? 

We played well when we beat them 4-2, other then that our form against Aberdeen was abysmal and that with the Killie results pretty much fucked our season, we struggled masssively against them last year 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Difference is that mckenna at Aberdeen only has to defend, or lump it forward, he hasnt the first clue what to do with the ball at his feet, plus at the tarriers he'll be defending highet up the park, and he's a week in the jail if not slower

Id love the tarriers to spunk any cash on him, he's a fucking bombscare waiting to cost them big time 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Difference is that mckenna at Aberdeen only has to defend, or lump it forward, he hasnt the first clue what to do with the ball at his feet, plus at the tarriers he'll be defending highet up the park, and he's a week in the jail if not slower

Id love the tarriers to spunk any cash on him, he's a fucking bombscare waiting to cost them big time 

I don't watch Scotland games but apparently against Cyprus he kicked the ball whatever way he was facing lol 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he’s a world beater far from it but he’s not as bad as being made out, that said if they spunk the best part of 10m on him and Turnbull who don’t improve them then I’ll be happy.

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

No that’s not what I’m saying, I rate Katic and Goldson much higher but McKenna is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, he’d be a decent defender for them in this league though definitely overpriced.

So you will be happy like me that they are spending big on somebody that isn't going to improve them .

33 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't watch Scotland games but apparently against Cyprus he kicked the ball whatever way he was facing lol 

He struggled with that tbh, he's a fucking lump of wood that only looks good when the sheep are up against a stronger team and all he has to do is kick an opposing striker, at the tarriers he'll be expected to stroll out from the back and start attacks and the cunts feet are on backwards going by his passing skills

Archived