C*ltc

From todays Times:

A former senior figure at Celtic FC’s feeder club has been charged with carrying out sexual abuse at Parkhead and a training ground used by first-team players, The Times can reveal.

Frank Cairney, 85, served as general manager of Celtic Boys’ Club from 1974 until 1991 and is due to appear in court later this month.

Mr Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, has been charged with sexually and physically abusing three teenagers over an 11-year period.

It is claimed that he attacked the youths on a number of occasions between 1978 and 1989 within “Celtic Park football ground, Parkhead”, Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow, a hotel room in Aviemore in the Highlands and in a car.

An indictment, seen by The Times, alleges that on various occasions between February 1, 1986 and December 31, 1988, Mr Cairney indecently assaulted a youth, then aged between 15 and 18, at Celtic Park and Barrowfield.

Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted another youth, aged between 15 and 16, “within a car in Paisley and within a car and the dressing rooms at Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow”, between July 1, 1978 and June 30, 1979.

Between the same dates he is also said to have repeatedly punched and slapped the boy on the head and body in a dressing room at Barrowfield.

Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted a third youth, aged between 15 and 16, “at a hotel room in Aviemore and within a car in Cumbernauld” on a number of occasions between August 1, 1988 and June 30, 1989. He denies all the charges.

Celtic Boys’ Club took part in a series of tournaments held in Aviemore over a number of years.

Barrowfield, which is next to Parkhead, was used as a training ground by both Celtic FC and the boys’ club at the time of the alleged incidents. It is still owned by the club.

Mr Cairney took over as manager of Celtic Boys’ Club in 1974, replacing Jim Torbett, the founder of the feeder club.

Mr Cairney resigned from the club in 1991 after leading 20 teenagers and five adults on a summer tour to New Jersey.

On July 29, 1994, the Celtic View, the club magazine, lauded Mr Cairney as “one of the great unsung heroes of the Celtic story”.

He is scheduled to appear at Glasgow sheriff court on October 30.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

From todays Times:

But apparently now parents can’t spank or give their kids a skelp or the police can be called. My fuck, we’ve lost the plot. Where’s the police when these kids were getting abused. Where’s the government and where’s the sfa?  Cunts! 

8 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

But apparently now parents can’t spank or give their kids a skelp or the police can be called. My fuck, we’ve lost the plot. Where’s the police when these kids were getting abused. Where’s the government and where’s the sfa?  Cunts! 

Correct ,hypocrisy that they want to prosecute parents but the same government is party to covering CSA from the past 

53 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Correct ,hypocrisy that they want to prosecute parents but the same government is party to covering CSA from the past 

We’re this a dystopian storyline in a film ten years ago it would be thought as far fetched, roll on ten years of SNP rule propped up with the self indulgent greens...  

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

We’re this a dystopian storyline in a film ten years ago it would be thought as far fetched, roll on ten years of SNP rule propped up with the self indulgent greens...  

don’t know if you watched sturgeons interview with Sophie Rudge on Sky ,

I was gobsmacked ,not just at the content but the fact nippy couldn’t bat away the uncomfortable questions they way we are so used to seeing ,It’s become normal to watch them get away with everything.

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6157773/celtic-boys-club-frank-cairney-sexual-abuse-celtic-park/

Still having to  spend thousands on lawyers to get articles removed. They'll have to stop digging someday, the big brush will be costing them a fortune.

How are they paying for all this? I'm waiting for their accounts to be published but they're late. I want to know had their players been paid and were they solvent when they were gifted *9 

Just now, Sweetheart said:

How are they paying for all this? I'm waiting for their accounts to be published but they're late. I want to know had their players been paid and were they solvent when they were gifted *9 

itll be well hidden within the books 

14 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6157773/celtic-boys-club-frank-cairney-sexual-abuse-celtic-park/

Still having to  spend thousands on lawyers to get articles removed. They'll have to stop digging someday, the big brush will be costing them a fortune.

Wow.  Are no Scottish red-tops running with it?

Are The Times still running with it? 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

The Times are, The Sun pulled the story.

I'm sure that bastion of morality, the corduroyed one that occasionally does work for the Times, will be asking questions on behalf of the Times as to why a Scottish based newspaper has pulled such a high profile public interest story. 

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

I'm sure that bastion of morality, the corduroyed one that occasionally does work for the Times, will be asking questions on behalf of the Times as to why a Scottish based newspaper has pulled such a high profile public interest story. 

If The Times are able to print the story then you would have to conclude that the legalities involving the current case has no bearing on its ability to be seen. Which leads the question onto why The Scottish Sun shat it and deleted the story.

17 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Wow.  Are no Scottish red-tops running with it?

Are The Times still running with it? 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ex-boys-club-boss-abused-players-inside-celtic-park-k5fx8ggnm

A former senior figure at celtic FC’s feeder club has been charged with carrying out sexual abuse at Parkhead and a training ground used by first-team players, The Times can reveal.

Frank Cairney, 85, served as general manager of celtic Boys’ Club from 1974 until 1991 and is due to appear in court later this month.

Mr Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, has been charged with sexually and physically abusing three teenagers over an 11-year period.

It is claimed that he attacked the youths on a number of occasions between 1978 and 1989 within “celtic Park football ground, Parkhead”, Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow, a hotel room in Aviemore in the Highlands and in a car.

An indictment, seen by The Times, alleges that on various occasions between February 1, 1986 and December 31, 1988, Mr Cairney indecently assaulted a youth, then aged between 15 and 18, at celtic Park and Barrowfield.

Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted another youth, aged between 15 and 16, “within a car in Paisley and within a car and the dressing rooms at Barrowfield training ground, Glasgow”, between July 1, 1978 and June 30, 1979.

Between the same dates he is also said to have repeatedly punched and slapped the boy on the head and body in a dressing room at Barrowfield.

Mr Cairney is also alleged to have indecently assaulted a third youth, aged between 15 and 16, “at a hotel room in Aviemore and within a car in Cumbernauld” on a number of occasions between August 1, 1988 and June 30, 1989. He denies all the charges.

celtic Boys’ Club took part in a series of tournaments held in Aviemore over a number of years.

Barrowfield, which is next to Parkhead, was used as a training ground by both celtic FC and the boys’ club at the time of the alleged incidents. It is still owned by the club.

Mr Cairney took over as manager of celtic Boys’ Club in 1974, replacing Jim Torbett, the founder of the feeder club.

Mr Cairney resigned from the club in 1991 after leading 20 teenagers and five adults on a summer tour to New Jersey.

On July 29, 1994, the celtic View, the club magazine, lauded Mr Cairney as “one of the great unsung heroes of the celtic story”.

He is scheduled to appear at Glasgow sheriff court on October 30.

20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

don’t know if you watched sturgeons interview with Sophie Rudge on Sky ,

I was gobsmacked ,not just at the content but the fact nippy couldn’t bat away the uncomfortable questions they way we are so used to seeing ,It’s become normal to watch them get away with everything.

Never saw it MB and to be fair I tend to switch over any time she appears on screen, it’s got to the point I just can’t stand the sight of her, never mind have to listen to her self pontificate. Highlights the inept opposition and media we are currently burdened with if a ‘journalist’ like Sophie Ridge is able to put her under pressure.

I know this has carried the thread off topic but celtic have no doubt benefited because of the incumbent SNP’s refusal to order an enquiry in to realistically the largest sporting abuse scandal in British (if not world) football. They are very much two cheeks of the same arse and it ain’t a pretty one...

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It should be a citable offence for ex-players to put pressure on a ref before a game.  

Would be a difficult rule to bring in ,He played with more than just them .Supposing they did though ,they would just get the Ferguson brothers to spout their pish for them .

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Never saw it MB and to be fair I tend to switch over any time she appears on screen, it’s got to the point I just can’t stand the sight of her, never mind have to listen to her self pontificate. Highlights the inept opposition and media we are currently burdened with if a ‘journalist’ like Sophie Ridge is able to put her under pressure.

I know this has carried the thread off topic but celtic have no doubt benefited because of the incumbent SNP’s refusal to order an enquiry in to realistically the largest sporting abuse scandal in British (if not world) football. They are very much two cheeks of the same arse and it ain’t a pretty one...

There was only one voice that could get her squirming in Holyrood ,Ruth Davidson ,her time out for maternity made nippys life very easy ,plus she has the media in her pocket so no nasty big questions from them .

The interview will be in YouTube somewhere ,worth watching to see her squirm ,

Would love a non Scottish based journalist to quiz her on the CSA cover up ,but she’s never going to agree to that one ,As far as I’m aware all requests from Adrian Goldberg have been ignored .

9 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

There was only one voice that could get her squirming in Holyrood ,Ruth Davidson ,her time out for maternity made nippys life very easy ,plus she has the media in her pocket so no nasty big questions from them .

The interview will be in YouTube somewhere ,worth watching to see her squirm ,

Would love a non Scottish based journalist to quiz her on the CSA cover up ,but she’s never going to agree to that one ,As far as I’m aware all requests from Adrian Goldberg have been ignored .

Will do mate👍

Archived