4 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

They are sitting on a house of cards. If we win the title, I have a sneaky suspicion it might collapse in around them. Not selling any players this season will exacerbate the problem.

It won't collapse and any notion of that is misplaced, so don't get your hopes up.

They are well backed and for all the criticism he gets, Lawell is an excellent CEO. 

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love nothing more than Morelos scoring the winning goal to make us champions at their midden, and Arfield to grab Laxalt by the hair and tie him to the goal post to celebrate. We deserve th

Big Kris Boyd nails them again.    I CAN just picture Gerry McCulloch and everyone else in the celtic media department now. “That was great, Peter. You’ve got that spot-on.” “You th

Oh ya fucker    FROM ARSENAL TO CELTIC: WHERE BRITAIN’S ELITE FOOTBALL CLUBS SPENT THE WINTER BREAK Old Firm Facts 3 hours ago Celtic have recently returned from a trip to Duba

Posted Images

11 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

The sheep will be keen to draw level on points with the scum and will have had a good look at how we strolled past them.   Points dropped by timothy in this one. 

I can see Aberdeen setting up similar to us defensively, probably even a bit deeper. My only worry with Aberdeen in a purely football sense is that they wont be able to keep the ball anywhere near as well as we did on Saturday which you need to do against them.

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Been hearing for years on here the scum will collapse financially, misplaced hope indeed just like with the PL collapsing.

Every 6 months its but the cash at bank will be gone come June next year. Never occurs each year.

Covid will hurt everyone but the scum had over 30m in the bank. The year they apparently made a 3m loss was a 11m profit before tax.

Even if they did need to sell, they could make 45m+ on selling Ajer, Edouard, Ntcham and Christie. Two wouldn't be much of a loss either.

Yep, people look at a set of accounts and think they're financial experts. If you looked at Rangers accounts in isolation it's a fucking horror-show :lol:. Context means a whole lot and they are well backed and well run with a squad full of valuable assets (contrary to what a lot on here think). 

I think to realise maximum value on all of those players they have got to sell in January - which they can't afford to do footballing-wise. All their contracts are up in 2022 I think

Bluekev and TheKingObv like this
46 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Think they had an operating loss but made a profit on the back of transfer payments

Obviously that isn't sustainable plus COVID

Yup, they payments included the money gor VVD as well if memory serves me right, plus dembele money

All that is running dry now, the accounts for this year might not look bad overall, but its the future picture they paint that will be horrifying for their fans, like the wage bill for a start plus the transfer payments they need to make

If they were in the CL and swatting us aside like rodgers team did they wouldnt care, but being scudded off a team playing in first gear with slippers on, out the CL and the costs as they likely will be in the accounts, its criminal

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Yep, people look at a set of accounts and think they're financial experts. If you looked at Rangers accounts in isolation it's a fucking horror-show :lol:. Context means a whole lot and they are well backed and well run with a squad full of valuable assets (contrary to what a lot on here think). 

I think to realise maximum value on all of those players they have got to sell in January - which they can't afford to do footballing-wise. All their contracts are up in 2022 I think

Valuable assets, in covid times i doubt it, they got one offer for their valuable assets in the window that wouldnt even have made them a profit on said player, ajer etc are going nowhere till covid sorts out, meanwhile their bills keep mounting up

Theres a difference between financial collapse ala us in 2012, but don't be surprised if they went all or nothing for this 10iar,and win or lose it you'll find them slashing their squad big time next summer

One Jock Wallace likes this
2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

It won't collapse and any notion of that is misplaced, so don't get your hopes up.

They are well backed and for all the criticism he gets, Lawell is an excellent CEO. 

Yeah I don't see a financial breakdown for them. But if any club deserved it. 

What could hopefully happen is them getting weaker on the pitch as they cut costs. 

They'll need to sell key players soon surley and with everything going on I doubt they'll be able to bring in similar players to strengthen. 

magic8ball likes this
2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Been hearing for years on here the scum will collapse financially, misplaced hope indeed just like with the PL collapsing.

Every 6 months its but the cash at bank will be gone come June next year. Never occurs each year.

Covid will hurt everyone but the scum had over 30m in the bank. The year they apparently made a 3m loss was a 11m profit before tax.

Even if they did need to sell, they could make 45m+ on selling Ajer, Edouard, Ntcham and Christie. Two wouldn't be much of a loss either.

I don't think they will financially collapse, however they might have to under spend and get a quite a few players off their books, which will enable us to really capitalise.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I hate to say it, but Lawell has played a blinder. He has all the media in Scotland scared to report anything bad associating with them and if it is to believed has the SPL in his back pocket.

magic8ball likes this
4 minutes ago, Bears said:

Financial collapse tragically happened to the best of clubs and certainly can and hopefully will to the worst of clubs.

Depends on what you label as a financial collapse 

Administration ,very slim chance 

Slash the wage bill by 30pc and sell a few players ,likely chance .

2 minutes ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Like having to pay out multi millions in compensation?

Sponsors dropping them like a hot potato when all the sordid truth eventually makes the front page?

Hopefully being cast down the leagues for being complicit in the cover up of all cover ups?

Season ticket money dwindling due to no ‘big signings’ because the sellik brand is toxic?

No European football for the foreseeable future?

Here’s hoping...

That would be a sight for sore eyes 

In reality we would all accept a situation where they were struggling to get close for a generation at least 

10 minutes ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Like having to pay out multi millions in compensation?

Sponsors dropping them like a hot potato when all the sordid truth eventually makes the front page?

Hopefully being cast down the leagues for being complicit in the cover up of all cover ups?

Season ticket money dwindling due to no ‘big signings’ because the sellik brand is toxic?

No European football for the foreseeable future?

Here’s hoping...

That’s better :boughy:

33 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

They didn't stop doing "dealings" with Torbett while he was in jail for abusing THEIR youth players?

Did this "investigation" even take place considering that 4 years later Cairney was caught creeping in Kearney NJ?  

There would have been an investigation,but wouldn’t have went any further than ,

Kelly: Frank are you touching up the boys 

Cairney: No these are scurrilous rumours

Kelly: Ok Frank 

I suspect that financial meltdown is coming at the KnewCamp.

Wages are unsustainable. They will struggle to get their valuation of players.

The cover up scandal will badly hurt them.

They are not up to a half decent European standard so CL money for them is a fiction.

Don't know how true it is but apparently ST sales were disappointing.

If it becomes difficult for them to pay DD he may well drop them.

As to the 10 in a row fiction it's now out of their hands. All that matters is how we do.

41 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Regardless of financial troubles,  morally they are repugnant and should be shut down. Leave St Patrick's BC to develop players with only historical association to the molesters and enablers.

Totally agree they should be no more,

Are shamrock rovers involved with that shower of scum?

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Child abuse claim after child abuse claim, club openly attempting to cover up child abuse, dressing room unhappy, manager clueless, sold no cunt. 

What exactly is the next step for them if they even win the league this season? 

A collapse isn't the fantasy many seem to think it is.