C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I don't think we are heading into administration though....totally different circumstances now

We collapsed before that though. There's various interviews with the players who said that day we were announcing it they were in shock. 

McCoist had us out of every competition including two European ones and the league before admin was confirmed.

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Same.

I think we are rightful favourite and I do think we will win the league, but we need to urge caution too. Fuck-all is won in October. 

I can see good foundations laid and we seem to be a different animal but Rangers and false dawns are like chips n cheese as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there's any issue in enjoying the moment though. Lennon is literally days away from going into meltdown mode. I'd rather he lost it and was sacked than stayed and possibly got it together, because, the type of manager they'd get would literally be someone like an Owen Coyle or Paul Lambert on an temp basis and Gerrard would wipe the floor (wipe the floor even more) with a Lambert or Coyle Celtic side.

I remember the last time I was singing "Sky is blue, grass is green, league is over by Halloween". 

We went into Admin in the February.

Andy Halliday called this on Superscore board a week or so ago.

the caller was trying to make the point that celtic haven't hit second gear and have dropped less points than us who were playing our best and dropped 4 points. Halliday replying That as soon as celtic started going to difficult fixtures or venues they'll start dropping point case and point us and away to aberdeen. 

so based on that unless celtic get their act together they could be dropping more points when they hit the road to Livingston, easter road and rugby park. also last season they only dropped points in 4 games last season, they've already dropped points in 3 this season and have conceded many more goals.

hopefully this continues but so long as Rangers keep the nut screwed and treat every game like a league final, we'll be just fine. Rugby park next week could be iffy but past that should be good. Especially since there isnt a winter break. 

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We collapsed before that though. There's various interviews with the players who said that day we were announcing it they were in shock. 

McCoist had us out of every competition including two European ones and the league before admin was confirmed.

I've just checked back on the week ending the 11th of February we had 63pts and the papes 62pts....we were deducted 10pts and subsequently lost to killie on the Saturday....too much was made of the 15pt lead....they played the next day and won which was back to 12 and they had a game in hand....clearly things weren't good behind the scenes by the time admin came round but the facts are clear we were still in a title race up until then

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I've just checked back on the week ending the 11th of February we had 63pts and the papes 62pts....we were deducted 10pts and subsequently lost to killie on the Saturday....too much was made of the 15pt lead....they played the next day and won which was back to 12 and they had a game in hand....clearly things weren't good behind the scenes by the time admin came round but the facts are clear we were still in a title race up until then

Under one of the worst managers in our history. Gerrard is well beyond the capabilities of anything McCoist achieved.

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Amdy Halliday called this on Superscore board a week or so ago.

the caller was trying to make the point that celtic haven't hit second gear and have dropped less points than us who were playing our best and dropped 4 points. Halliday replying That as soon as celtic started going to difficult fixtures or venues they'll start dropping point case and point us and away to aberdeen. 

so based on that unless celtic get their act together they could be dropping more points when they hit the road to Livingston, easter road and rugby park. also last season they only dropped points in 4 games last season, they've already dropped points in 3 this season and have conceded many more goals.

hopefully this continues but so long as Rangers keep the nut screwed and treat every game like a league final, we'll be just fine. Rugby park next week could be iffy but past that should be good. Especially since there isnt a winter break. 

Also that's to say we've been at our best. Think most of us can quite clearly say we have been quite a bit off our best. Cruising to wins and making them look simple.

the way i see it there's nothing wrong with getting a little bit carried away, enjoy the moment because we've not had a huge amount to be cheery about for a few seasons now.

this is the first opportunity i've felt since we came back that we could win the title 

25 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Same.

I think we are rightful favourite and I do think we will win the league, but we need to urge caution too. Fuck-all is won in October. 

I can see good foundations laid and we seem to be a different animal but Rangers and false dawns are like chips n cheese as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there's any issue in enjoying the moment though. Lennon is literally days away from going into meltdown mode. I'd rather he lost it and was sacked than stayed and possibly got it together, because, the type of manager they'd get would literally be someone like an Owen Coyle or Paul Lambert on an temp basis and Gerrard would wipe the floor (wipe the floor even more) with a Lambert or Coyle celtic side.

I can't see it being someone like that as much as I'd want it to be.

They should be looking at Eddie Howe, and if they were lucky enough to get him it would very much be game on.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

They should be looking at Eddie Howe, and if they were lucky enough to get him it would very much be game on.

I can’t see anybody other than a taig sympathiser taking it if popcorn teeth does gets the sack

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'd stick my neck out and say I'd love them to get Eddie Howe. Cunt got homesick while at Burnley. Fucking Burnley. Only been successful when surrounded by his own at Bournemouth. Don't think he could handle the melting pot up here one bit, would be shocked if he took the job if offered.

Who else would I say? Fuck knows but someone that's going to come in and make a vast difference from day 1 with their current mob is the only way they can get back on track.

1 minute ago, CharlieHamilton said:

No manager will want to carry the can whilst they fuck up their tainted 10! They’re stuck with the greeting faced cunt

It's a good thing Lennon thinks the way he does, during a chat with Lawwell he's no going to be honest and say they've just not been good enough.

He'll be giving excuse after excuse, Covid, referees, injuries, new signings just have to settle in, no crowds.

That's going to work in our favour. He can talk as much shite as he wants as far as I'm concerned, if it keeps him in a job and keeps those players running about like headless chickens and under performing - great.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Along with failing to qualify for the champions league it's the only thing he is consistently good at doing.......

I wonder how much money in total they've pished away on sub-standard players and because of failing to do as expected in europe?

must be a crazy amount

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

I wonder how much money in total they've pished away on sub-standard players and because of failing to do as expected in europe?

must be a crazy amount

Sure I read they have £30m spent in transfer fees since he took over from Rodgers. Not counting the loans etc. Covered barely by the Tierney transfer fee.

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'd stick my neck out and say I'd love them to get Eddie Howe. Cunt got homesick while at Burnley. Fucking Burnley. Only been successful when surrounded by his own at Bournemouth. Don't think he could handle the melting pot up here one bit, would be shocked if he took the job if offered.

Who else would I say? Fuck knows but someone that's going to come in and make a vast difference from day 1 with their current mob is the only way they can get back on track.

I doubt as well howe would take it. He's built a decent reputation with his work at Bournemouth. I don't see him risking that to join scum fc.

Anyone that takes that job if lennon goes, would be hounded out the door if the tainted 10 falls apart. 

Only ones I can see taking it are ex taigs. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I doubt as well howe would take it. He's built a decent reputation with his work at Bournemouth. I don't see him risking that to join scum fc.

Anyone that takes that job if lennon goes, would be hounded out the door if the tainted 10 falls apart. 

Only ones I can see taking it are ex taigs. 

Howe's not the Bournemouth manager anymore mate

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Sure I read they have £30m spent in transfer fees since he took over from Rodgers. Not counting the loans etc. Covered barely by the Tierney transfer fee.

That's no small amount for a scottish club especially in under 2 years

5 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Howe's not the Bournemouth manager anymore mate

I know mate but his current reputation is built on his work there.

It will likely land him a job in England. I doubt he would risk taking the taig job and fucking his reputation if it goes tits up. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I know mate but his current reputation is built on his work there.

It will likely land him a job in England. I doubt he would rish taking the taig job and fucking his reputation if it goes tits up. 

Fair enough mate, thought you meant risking the job as well his reputation.

Archived