C*ltc

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Bank figure down over 10m to 18.2m. That will continue to go down without CL money.

Player sales inevitable in the next two windows imo.

Does that mean they are not “cash rich” anymore 

Reckon they need to start using this “war chest” 

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their accounts aren’t that bad, yes it includes Tierney sale but they also spent £20million, so it almost balances out. The fact they’ve still made a slight pre tax profit with some months of Covid in those accounts, will be better than most clubs. 

Ours will be far worse when they come out, but our board are happy covering it as it stands. I’d expect us to lose approximately £7-10million when our accounts are out. 

Next years accounts will be interesting for them, as they’ve spent £15+million and sold no-one. Plus their wage bill being as high as it is and no CL football...

That’s where it will hurt, hopefully the cut backs are already beginning...

20 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Their accounts aren’t that bad, yes it includes Tierney sale but they also spent £20million, so it almost balances out. The fact they’ve still made a slight pre tax profit with some months of Covid in those accounts, will be better than most clubs. 

Ours will be far worse when they come out, but our board are happy covering it as it stands. I’d expect us to lose approximately £7-10million when our accounts are out. 

Next years accounts will be interesting for them, as they’ve spent £15+million and sold no-one. Plus their wage bill being as high as it is and no CL football...

That’s where it will hurt, hopefully the cut backs are already beginning...

Except the 20mill they spent wasnt in one go, the tierney money was received in one lump sum, so they'll still be paying for their 20mill buys next summer

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Bank figure down over 10m to 18.2m. That will continue to go down without CL money.

Player sales inevitable in the next two windows imo.

There is an argument , if this lockdown scenario had to continue for a few years . It would hurt these scumbags the most , financially and most likely on the park also . I never thought, i would be content with games with no fans . The way things are going for Rangers . I'm quite getting used to things . As long as the end result is win win for Rangers :lol:

49 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Does that mean they are not “cash rich” anymore 

Reckon they need to start using this “war chest” 

Impossible to say without looking in combination with current receivables/payables. 

21 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Actual figures for anyone interested, confirms what we were all thinking really. 

And with the court cases on the horizon . Hopefully the bheasts will have to pay back millions for their crimes .

They are going to be in massive financial trouble 

Or would this be seen, as part of a plan to look skint. To minimise any major payments 

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And with the court cases on the horizon . Hopefully the bheasts will have to pay back millions for their crimes .

They are going to be in massive financial trouble 

Or would this be seen, as part of a plan to look skint. To minimise any major payments 

A court case has been set against them, right?

If so I would expect it to be disclosed somewhere given the fact it's likely of potential material value.

That's what I would believe with my knowledge of contingent liabilities anyway.

Love Peter's wee statement about balancing progress Vs long term sustainability.

Basically means they aren't gonna be spending money strengthening the team to win titles or getting further into Europe. Seems they will punt players in January. They are now thinking about survival...

5 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

A court case has been set against them, right?

If so I would expect it to be disclosed somewhere given the fact it's likely of potential material value.

That's what I would believe with my knowledge of contingent liabilities anyway.

Good point but surely anything is possible with this shower . They know every trick in the book of corruption and cover ups 

To put it into even more horrendous context, without the sale of tierney, they were losing 430 grand a week last financial year, the tarriers running costs were losing them more in a week than some clubs spend to run their club for a year

That is an absolute shocker, and it will only get worse for them, if they struggled to sell anyone this window, january after a half season of cunts downing tools and no fans means clubs will be even less likely to buy their shite 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

To put it into even more horrendous context, without the sale of tierney, they were losing 430 grand a week last financial year, the tarriers running costs were losing them more in a week than some clubs spend to run their club for a year

That is an absolute shocker, and it will only get worse for them, if they struggled to sell anyone this window, january after a half season of cunts downing tools and no fans means clubs will be even less likely to buy their shite 

I'm not fully buying this sale of Keirney chat tbh. They only spent the £20 million on players as they knew they had a £20million asset ready to be sold. So makes no real sense just to eliminate the sale of him in any discussions.

These aren't 2 mutually exclusive events.

5 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I'm not fully buying this sale of Keirney chat tbh. They only spent the £20 million on players as they knew they had a £20million asset ready to be sold. So makes no real sense just to eliminate the sale of him in any discussions.

These aren't 2 mutually exclusive events.

The points with their buys and sales though is that they'll be paying up their purchases for years, but they got arsenal to stump up for tierney up front

Archived