C*ltc

11 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Their main issue is wages, they’ve added a lot to their squad this summer and realistically haven’t got rid of anyone on decent wages.

Players like Ajeti, Barkas, Duffy don’t come cheap, they’ll all be on £30-40k p/w at least due to their transfer fees/coming from the EPL. What is positive is despite all these additions, they aren’t stronger and haven’t increased the value of their squad. 

If they don’t get EL/CL one season, they’d need to sell someone for big money. So would we might I add, but our wage bill is a fair bit lower. Their accounts are pretty decent if they can continue to sell someone for over £20million each summer, but they’ll be paralysed in the transfer market if they can’t....

Comparing their last two accounts you'd have to think with a full covid season they'd need nearly 20mill this year 

Say they averaged 25 quid a ticket across the whole europa league campaign, that's 11mill in general ticket revenue off next accounts, not even the ppv they sell will get close to covering that, so already needing to sell say 12mill worth of players to break even, add another 11 onto that, 

Also, their ST sales may or may not be down, if they are thats another dunt of revenue out the window

Their accounts are far from decent as they show an absolute horror show coming up

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Wouldn't pay deferrals still show in operating expenses?

Doubt it, you havent paid it, thats like saying 3 years of transfer fees to pay would show

They would have an actual wage figure which will include the deferrals, but most likely a notice somewhere saying why its reduced

Only way i can see how their operating expenses dropped by that much, no way the shutdown saved them 7mill expenses in day to day running costs, surely it has to be wages saved

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Doubt it, you havent paid it, thats like saying 3 years of transfer fees to pay would show

They would have an actual wage figure which will include the deferrals, but most likely a notice somewhere saying why its reduced

Only way i can see how their operating expenses dropped by that much, no way the shutdown saved them 7mill expenses in day to day running costs, surely it has to be wages saved

They haven't paid it but the money has been earned by the employee so would expect it to be an expense somewhere and a liability elsewhere. Only difference to normal wages is the credit isn't to bank.

Looked through their accounts, albeit they are just a summary not full accounts yet. Bit wild. Total deviation from their strategy given Covid/no CL/no sales. Completely all in on this season & they’ll need to catch up next summer. Edouard & Ajer both 12 months on their contracts as well which is unusual for them to allow to happen. Wonder what impact on fees that’ll have. Same as us in 97/98, their obsession with ‘10’ has led to a pretty big gamble given the size of turnover required next season, big opportunity for us to flip the current dynamic especially with the likely automatic CL spot for next seasons winners. 

43 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Looked through their accounts, albeit they are just a summary not full accounts yet. Bit wild. Total deviation from their strategy given Covid/no CL/no sales. Completely all in on this season & they’ll need to catch up next summer. Edouard & Ajer both 12 months on their contracts as well which is unusual for them to allow to happen. Wonder what impact on fees that’ll have. Same as us in 97/98, their obsession with ‘10’ has led to a pretty big gamble given the size of turnover required next season, big opportunity for us to flip the current dynamic especially with the likely automatic CL spot for next seasons winners. 

Potentially stupid question, but why is their tax so high against their profit before tax? 

Is UEFA fair play rules also a concern for them? Whilst this years is ignored the previous two was a £5m profit with £13m loss. They have the equivalent £22.1m loss next year will bring them over the allowed £30m mark. 
Could be wrong, not an expert at this at all. 

If we win the league this season and get the CL spot they’ll be struggling like fuck. 

I don’t think they’ll ever go into administration etc, too many people in government will be ready to bail them out but seeing them struggle and players jumping ship will be good

40 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If we win the league this season and get the CL spot they’ll be struggling like fuck. 

I don’t think they’ll ever go into administration etc, too many people in government will be ready to bail them out but seeing them struggle and players jumping ship will be good

Think Scotland gets two CL places next year so they will at least get a crack at CL qualifiers. We have to hope they fail as usual.

Normally I’d agree with your second point but people might be less willing to prop them up depending on the CSA court cases. Who wants to be publicly associated with an organisation which is having to settle dozens of out-of-court cases for child molesting?

I would expect non-taig sponsors (people like Magners are dyed in the wool fenians and would back their bhoys no matter how sick the crimes) would need a serious rethink on the damage their reputation is suffering by effectively supporting a paedo network.

Once the sponsors start walking, then they are in real trouble and, let’s be honest, any player thinking of joining them who spends five minutes online and gets his head around the atrocities committed there, should turn and walk away so recruitment might also become problematic.

7 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Their financials are pish, but I'm worried the last few pages are like what wee see, but in reverse, from the Kerrydale crackpots who all of a sudden have honorary doctorates in finance and accounting when it comes to us and our accounts. 

I get your point here, difference being their ‘experts’ took to print, tv and radio with their esteemed opinion’, such as SSB who for a show that only talks about ‘football’ or refuses to discus issues ‘sub justice‘ pretty much talked about nothing else, for ever it seemed. 
Most of the posts on here are, and will be way off the mark but I think we’re all due a bit of gloating, even ott speculation amongst ourselves at the ‘cash rich’ club who we were told was how a football team should be run.

At the end of the day I think there is no doubt that they will be significantly financially weaker and will have to weaken their squad by selling to attempt to balance their books. Unfortunately they will still be here but what with hopefully no CL income and the liabilities of their past sins catching up with them, they will potentially be a very different animal...

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Potentially stupid question, but why is their tax so high against their profit before tax? 

Not a tax expert by any means and without the full accounts just yet it’s difficult to know exactly what’s going on but I suspect it’s an accounting adjustment rather than any actual tax relating to a deferred tax asset they had from previous losses 

3 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

They haven't paid it but the money has been earned by the employee so would expect it to be an expense somewhere and a liability elsewhere. Only difference to normal wages is the credit isn't to bank.

Yep accrued as normal in staff costs and B/S liability

and @Jimbeamjunior if you had transfer income or payments due in instalments they'd be sitting on the balance sheet like any other liability, but wouldn't be posted through the P&L until paid as you can't recognise "unearned revenue"

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Not a tax expert by any means and without the full accounts just yet it’s difficult to know exactly what’s going on but I suspect it’s an accounting adjustment rather than any actual tax relating to a deferred tax asset they had from previous losses 

Yes this will be correct, just timing differences. There's a small tax note showing about a 50/50 split between the CT tax charge and deferred tax asset. 

11 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It would be absolutely poetic after all the years of the taig financial expert's predicting our doom, having to watch their beloved club sell all their assets to stay afloat. 

Things really are going pear shaped for them the now. Karma might finally be coming for them 😁

Bastards thought (hoped) they'd finally got rid of us for good.

This obviously wasn't in their calculations away back in 2012

I am no accountant but their model was built on CL money and/or selling players on for big money. Both of those streams have dried up. Sponsorship is also in danger if the CA scandal gets worse for them.

If I read that statement right they also require a 13M loan from the Co-op to see out the season.

2 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Bastards thought (hoped) they'd finally got rid of us for good.

This obviously wasn't in their calculations away back in 2012

They definitely thought we were done for or would never be able to recover to challenge. Watching the bastards gloat about how well they are run as well. 

Lawell and co have gone all in on the tainted 10 likely knowing they would need to dramatically cut costs afterwards. 

If we can do 55 this year. The tide could really turn. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Think Scotland gets two CL places next year so they will at least get a crack at CL qualifiers. We have to hope they fail as usual.

Normally I’d agree with your second point but people might be less willing to prop them up depending on the CSA court cases. Who wants to be publicly associated with an organisation which is having to settle dozens of out-of-court cases for child molesting?

I would expect non-taig sponsors (people like Magners are dyed in the wool fenians and would back their bhoys no matter how sick the crimes) would need a serious rethink on the damage their reputation is suffering by effectively supporting a paedo network.

Once the sponsors start walking, then they are in real trouble and, let’s be honest, any player thinking of joining them who spends five minutes online and gets his head around the atrocities committed there, should turn and walk away so recruitment might also become problematic.

Mate the government is literally setting up a fund to give to victims of CSA in exchange for never talking about it again. It’s unbelievable. Not even half of what happened to us will ever reach the doors of parkhead

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Mate the government is literally setting up a fund to give to victims of CSA in exchange for never talking about it again. It’s unbelievable. Not even half of what happened to us will ever reach the doors of parkhead

Is that fund not for victims of church and government organisations.

23 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They definitely thought we were done for or would never be able to recover to challenge. Watching the bastards gloat about how well they are run as well. 

Lawell and co have gone all in on the tainted 10 likely knowing they would need to dramatically cut costs afterwards. 

If we can do 55 this year. The tide could really turn. 

The well run club myth surely is a busted flush .

A well run club would surely have identified players they could have bought and become assets ,Instead they are spunking money on loan fees .
For their well run club compared to us being a “basket case” in the last 2 years we have spent 1/2m on Kamara and Aribo .

9 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The well run club myth surely is a busted flush .

A well run club would surely have identified players they could have bought and become assets ,Instead they are spunking money on loan fees .
For their well run club compared to us being a “basket case” in the last 2 years we have spent 1/2m on Kamara and Aribo .

They’ve sold players for just over £70m in the last 5 years...

Archived