C*ltc

14 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

They’ve sold players for just over £70m in the last 5 years...

Most of us know that ,Its been a key source of income ,Where’s the next big  sale coming from ,Edouard .

Who they have after that is their problem .Bringing in loans rather than buying players reduces their chances of having players to sell for big money in the next few years .

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Most of us know that ,Its been a key source of income ,Where’s the next big  sale coming from ,Edouard .

Who they have after that is their problem .Bringing in loans rather than buying players reduces their chances of having players to sell for big money in the next few years .

Problem with Edouard is the hefty sell on clauses and the lack of demand for him. He was put on the shop window all summer yet only got one bid from Germany which would've seen them make a loss on what they paid PSG for him.

Their selling potential has all but dried up. Their DoF they brought in a couple years ago has done a really shite job. Over £7m for Jullien? :lol:

2 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Deadline day to see if Brown is cited for elbow in Aberdeen match......won’t hold my breath. What’s this now....third or fourth elbow in last few months? Most protected player in the league. 

Should be but won't be. Tbh let him play, hes fucking rotten now. 

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Delusions of grandeur.

This belter from back in March is trending. :lol:

Genuinely love tarrier meltdowns. No other fan base does it better.

Ah yes the impartial financial mastermind that clearly 'Barcabhoy' is - then retweeted by the equally impartial 'bella caledonia' 

"Bit we wiz telt they were 7 days fae collapse again; now there tap ae the table man"

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Delusions of grandeur.

This belter from back in March is trending. :lol:

Genuinely love tarrier meltdowns. No other fan base does it better.

Edouard ,with 18months left and the PSG he won’t net a fortune 

Ajer ,well he’s opinion to opinion ,but imo he’s lucky to bring in double figures .

Mcgregor ,won’t get anymore than 15

and as for the other 2 on the list ,Frimpongs limitations are being highlighted now and Karamoko looks to have stalled :

42 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Player sales or CL. 

Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, McGregor amongst others all sellable at good prices. They biggest difference between them and us in that regard is their track record, clubs know that to get these players they need sizeable bids, celtic have also been very cash rich so have huge negotiating power in these deals. 

The impact of CL is huge though & with potentially 22/23 having automatic group stage entry, next seasons title is the most important one, probably ever, in terms of competitive advantage for both clubs. 

27 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Player sales or CL. 

Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, McGregor amongst others all sellable at good prices. They biggest difference between them and us in that regard is their track record, clubs know that to get these players they need sizeable bids, celtic have also been very cash rich so have huge negotiating power in these deals. 

The impact of CL is huge though & with potentially 22/23 having automatic group stage entry, next seasons title is the most important one, probably ever, in terms of competitive advantage for both clubs. 

I've read CL money is going to be reduced over the next 5 years due to the financial hit UEFA has taken during covid. That's got to have some affect even if qualification is achieved. 

As @Rangers_no1 pointed out 3 of the 4 assets they have are also out of contract may 2022. That's going to have an impact on their negotiation power. 

Tierney was sold for one payment of £25million, they released a statement to the LSE at that time confirming such.

Considering who own them, the personal wealth and specific background in regards to Celtic, they'll always be 'okay', if complying with FFP etc. 

That said, 'okay' is just that, financially, and if we win the League we will be more than 'okay' in more than one way.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Edouard ,with 18months left and the PSG he won’t net a fortune 

Ajer ,well he’s opinion to opinion ,but imo he’s lucky to bring in double figures .

Mcgregor ,won’t get anymore than 15

and as for the other 2 on the list ,Frimpongs limitations are being highlighted now and Karamoko looks to have stalled :

I just dont see it with Ajer. At the end of the day he is a centre half whos not a very good defender, its not only Duffy who has been at fault for them lately. The scottish media have built this myth that he is some sort of successor to Virgil Van dyke when he is in fact pretty pish. I would be shocked if any top team had a genuine interest in him.

16 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

There is an argument , if this lockdown scenario had to continue for a few years . It would hurt these scumbags the most , financially and most likely on the park also . I never thought, i would be content with games with no fans . The way things are going for Rangers . I'm quite getting used to things . As long as the end result is win win for Rangers :lol:

Well end up the same way if there’s a majority of fans that feel the same way as you about the board and that are thinking twice about buying season tickets 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The scum have assets, the problem for them is Ajer, Edouard, Ntcham and Christie all have contracts ending May 2022. So come next summer all will have one year remaining and their value depreciates. McGregor is the only one with a long term contract.

Yep.

They'd normally try to sell, or to extend their contracts. I'd imagine if theyre losing the league this season (and their superiority status) this and the lack of funds make contracts extentions unlikely.

But if they don't sell this winter window then come summer the values really start to drop as clubs know they can get them on pre-contract deals in a few months time.

Fucking delightful.

8 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Well end up the same way if there’s a majority of fans that feel the same way as you about the board and that are thinking twice about buying season tickets 

The poll on here showed most would continue. Hopefully those who can, will.

I get the impression our fan base are going above and beyond doing our bit to help get 55. The scum are complacent and I doubt renewed in the same numbers whilst taking more in refunds.

If we stop 10, we'll all deserve great credit.

31 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I just dont see it with Ajer. At the end of the day he is a centre half whos not a very good defender, its not only Duffy who has been at fault for them lately. The scottish media have built this myth that he is some sort of successor to Virgil Van dyke when he is in fact pretty pish. I would be shocked if any top team had a genuine interest in him.

I absolutely hate Ajer but he has the medals and trophies .He is cheating scum piece .One of the first players .I would happily see having a career ending injury .Yet he is one of their better ball playing defenders .Can’t deny that 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I’ve seen a good few of their fans say they would take Stevie Clarke as their next manager.  Surely not.  He done a great job at Kilmarnock but his time as Scotland manager has been a calamity.

At least he will be where he wants to me .Only a matter of time for me 

11 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Wondered why hadn't seen Simunovic for them this season appears they never took up another 1 year option on him but then go and sign duffy duck best decision they've made in years  :lol:

Season defining hopefully .As long as they don’t drop him .It is worth so much money at the moment ,backing them to fuck up with him in the team 😄

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I absolutely hate Ajer but he has the medals and trophies .He is cheating scum piece .One of the first players .I would happily see having a career ending injury .Yet he is one of their better ball playing defenders .Can’t deny that 

He has won trophies, aye, and not bad at taking the ball out of defence against pish teams. Its when he is up against any quality and he actually has to defend he gets shown up. Sometimes not even against quality.

15 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

That's that then ... 🤣

Wonder if he was asked about the criticism or if he should be sacked? From that it looks like he was asked about his thoughts on the criticism of him and his team and hes replied that he shouldn't be sacked. Which would be a very extreme reply and the sounds of a guy mentally struggling.

A few more results against him and I can see Lawwell pulling the trigger. Either way i can't see it affecting our season as they can't afford the elite manager they clearly need.

Archived