C*ltc

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

They’ll never recover from it as a club and support. Like our 9IAR affected that generation this generation of them will feel the exact same should we win the title. Imagine 2 generations of cellic fans living at the same time with an inferiority complex. Beautiful 

2 generations? The whole club is an inferiority complex. 

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Draw with M'well, beat aff Hibs, then sacked, Kennedy to take over the 2 European games and the cup game inbetween since those game are effectively meaningless anyway, then their new man brought in for St J at home for an easy 3 points to start off the new tenure. 

Hopefully they bring back O'Neil, Strachan or an outside the box Sellik man like Keane. 

That's pretty accurate to what I was thinking and spoke about with a few fellow Bears about today on the phone. 

With much sniggering and a few guffaws in between the chat. 

We all agreed that the longer this slump and dose of realism continues the better. No one deserves some humility enforced upon them more than those Papish hordes. 

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

They’ll never recover from it as a club and support. Like our 9IAR affected that generation this generation of them will feel the exact same should we win the title. Imagine 2 generations of cellic fans living at the same time with an inferiority complex. Beautiful 

MoJo in the 80's, 9IAR in the 90's, Helicopter Sunday 05'. We seem to deal them a body blow every decade. We never really got one between 10-19 so hopefully we're due a couple in the 20's 😉

33 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Who came out with that pish?? 

giphy (8).gif

Think I got it from Kerryfail or something, I assume it was one of their fans. It's like the talk of Rafa Benitez last time before appointing Lennon. If he goes then the deluded nutters will be talking about all sorts of managers that they a) can't afford and b) would never consider it anyway. Nothing surer similar BS will be in the DR and the Scottish press as a whole.

The Pep one stood out. Fucking nutters😜

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

Exactly.

I don't want him to get sacked because of their Euro collapse, which I don't think will happen anyway. For all the pressure on him, they might only be 3 points behind us. I want a full collapse in the SPL, for me nothing else matters. It would be brilliant to see him still in charge and us win the league.

Last night Lennon openly said in the post match interview Europe was over.  The narrative now is ‘it’s all about the league’.  They’ll need to slip up on that front before he’s out the door.  Given the mess they’re in I doubt he’ll last until January.  January could see them hit the panic button and replace the manager, coaching staff, and even try to overhaul the playing squad.  

26 minutes ago, badjon said:

Think I got it from Kerryfail or something, I assume it was one of their fans. It's like the talk of Rafa Benitez last time before appointing Lennon. If he goes then the deluded nutters will be talking about all sorts of managers that they a) can't afford and b) would never consider it anyway. Nothing surer similar BS will be in the DR and the Scottish press as a whole.

The Pep one stood out. Fucking nutters😜

Remember there was comments from Tom English that Dermot Desmond had sounded out Murinho over a game of golf?  That has to be one of the strangest managerial rumours ever.

I know people have been saying we don't want them to have too bad results now going forward otherwise they'll sack lennon and get someone else in, but who realistically would actually want to take that job on?

The amount of pressure to get these underperforming players performing and get players who no longer want to actually be at the club motivated to get them the league this year would be incredible.

Failure this year for them and whomever their manager is will label the manager the one that fucked 10, albeit already tainted.

I don't think many would be interested in going near that unless they were desperate in some way.

That's why I say bring on the shite results :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Scotsman online saying Eddie Howe favourite to take over from the taigy bigot. It is imperative lenon stays.

Is Eddie Howe a good manager?  I honestly don’t know.  Didn’t he take Bournemouth from League 1 to the EPL?

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

MoJo in the 80's, 9IAR in the 90's, Helicopter Sunday 05'. We seem to deal them a body blow every decade. We never really got one between 10-19 so hopefully we're due a couple in the 20's 😉

I'd argue the Cup Semi was a body blow.

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

That's pretty accurate to what I was thinking and spoke about with a few fellow Bears about today on the phone. 

With much sniggering and a few guffaws in between the chat. 

We all agreed that the longer this slump and dose of realism continues the better. No one deserves some humility enforced upon them more than those Papish hordes. 

Makes absolute sense if you were managing the club.  Coach is shit at point in the season can you switch with minimal disruption.  This is one of the few windows of opportunity.

Shame really - pretty sure if he stays his head will explode on the touch line like on that old film scanners (opportunity for someone to jpeg that)

35 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Scotsman online saying Eddie Howe favourite to take over from the taigy bigot. It is imperative lenon stays.

The sun are reporting the same about him being favourite but it's based on betting odds. Those aren't reliable at all. Probably desperate taigs throwing on bets. 

I couldn't see him taking that job. He'll end up with another English side once clubs start the usual sackings down there. 

Archived