1 minute ago, TMB said:

celtic have a strange unspoken arrangement with poppy Scotland.  Each year they donate £10k to poppy Scotland and in turn no one tries to sell them outside the stadium.  celtic know if anyone tried to sell them during a match day there would be some kind of embarrassing incident.  I’m not sure if they donated their £10k this year, maybe because the stadiums are closed they felt they didn’t need to.  So the manager ended up wearing a poppy to show support instead.

Cheers mate, That would make sense tbf, More than what I posted anyway 😂

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love nothing more than Morelos scoring the winning goal to make us champions at their midden, and Arfield to grab Laxalt by the hair and tie him to the goal post to celebrate. We deserve th

Big Kris Boyd nails them again.    I CAN just picture Gerry McCulloch and everyone else in the celtic media department now. “That was great, Peter. You’ve got that spot-on.” “You th

Oh ya fucker    FROM ARSENAL TO CELTIC: WHERE BRITAIN’S ELITE FOOTBALL CLUBS SPENT THE WINTER BREAK Old Firm Facts 3 hours ago Celtic have recently returned from a trip to Duba

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ronniescu said:

Hibs have slumped the last few games, plus Duffy now dropped, so not feeling overly hopeful.

It doesn’t actually matter as long as we keep winning.

They’ve another game cancelled cos of the cup final.

If we both keep winning and we win at new year we’ll be 15 points clear.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

celtic have a strange unspoken arrangement with poppy Scotland.  Each year they donate £10k to poppy Scotland and in turn no one tries to sell them outside the stadium.  celtic know if anyone tried to sell them during a match day there would be some kind of embarrassing incident.  I’m not sure if they donated their £10k this year, maybe because the stadiums are closed they felt they didn’t need to.  So the manager ended up wearing a poppy to show support instead.

During normal circumstances their fans inside the stadium usually provide the embarrassment. Booing the silence and coming out with the usual banners. 

A lot of the time it's the brain dead idiots that couldn't even point to Ireland on a map. 

HG5 likes this
4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Only thing I’ll say on the poppy thing this year...

Stoke City allow one of their players to make a choice.  Not necessarily the choice any of us would make, but the argument that people died to give us the freedom to make that choice is upheld in that instance.  Over at that place, players do not get a choice. If you think of the grief McLean gets for sticking to his “principles” can you imagine the furore if a player asked (and got) to wear a poppy on their shirt?  Astonishing to see Lennon wear one...

I do wonder what the two Israeli boys make of it all.  

Maybe the Israeli players and their advisers should have a word with  Eyal Berkovitch , their supporters hate Israel with a passion almost on a par with their hatred of Great Britain .

Could it be down to their warped education by the cult of Roman Catholicism, where the Jews are portrayed as the killers of Christ , by fuck if he ever returned  to this shitehole they would be the first to call for him to be crucified again, they are the antithesis of his teachings. 

More akin to the beliefs of Satan , suffer the little children who come unto me , a more apt description of their church and football club you will never find and by fuck countless children have suffered at the hands of both these vile institutions. 

Kick them Out. 

plumbGER and dougie76 like this