Arfield

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

They said he'll be back next month

Hopefully mate .Suppose it depends on where the injury is .I remember doing my ankle ligaments twice on each ankle .It finished me from playing altogether .Thankfully these guys get the best treatment and recovery plans I guess 

9 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Big miss for us when Arfield is out. Offers us something different. Think we will need to add in this transfer window! 

He is one of they players you don't realise what he brings until you don't have him available.

He does so much of the dirty work well.

5 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

He is one of they players you don't realise what he brings until you don't have him available.

He does so much of the dirty work well.

Aye mate. We missed his presence against Celtic as he never shys away from a tackle. Will miss his late runs in to the box as there's always the chance he will find the net. 

55 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Hopefully mate .Suppose it depends on where the injury is .I remember doing my ankle ligaments twice on each ankle .It finished me from playing altogether .Thankfully these guys get the best treatment and recovery plans I guess 

I did this to my right ankle over 20 years ago whilst playing, took months to properly recover. Saying that I don’t think you ever fully recover from ligament damage, even now if I’m out running over uneven surfaces I can sometimes feel it. Only positive here is it couldn’t have happened at a more appropriate time as obviously we can move to cover his absence. Feel for him as he was having a great season but the bigger picture here is the team depth strength being addressed...

Huge loss with the next few fixtures but think we can cope.

I'd be looking at CM in the transfer windows as a priority now. Davis is nearing retirement, Arfield getting on and Jack seems to pick up a good few injuries. Zungu is just a loan and Kamara could leave at the right fee.

Could be looking at 2 or 3 CM players in the summer.

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

First 11 looking just about fine. Its the depth of squad that is now the big issue. Huge mistake if we don't strengthen even if only with 6 month deals.

The goalkeepers, defence and strikers are more than ok for depth. It's the central midfield and wings that give me the greatest fear now. An attacking midfielder and a winger on loan or cheap buy in advance precontract deals like Kamara is required to shore up. Hopefully offloading the deadwood like Jones and Barker will help.

Archived