• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It may trigger a move now to bring in another midfielder for the rest of the season. 

That will be a season ender for him  Gutted as he was proving to be a key player for us 

I agree. But we need more homegrown players for our European squad as we’re pretty restricted due to the lack of them as it stands. Of course, need to contribute rather than just take up a squad place

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

A driving midfielder is a must now surely.

We have a lot of attacking options but nobody else in the squad brings what Arfield brings.

That rules out Jack Grealish then, shame because he is a good player.

Heard the panel on SSB talk up some boy from St Johnstone, can't remember any of them being particularly impressive.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That rules out Jack Grealish then, shame because he is a good player.

Heard the panel on SSB talk up some boy from St Johnstone, can't remember any of them being particularly impressive.

Probably Ali McCann. I think he's very promising but one for the future. Would like to see us sign him and loan him back out. If we're signing a replacement for Arfield, it'll need to be someone with a bit of experience who can hit the ground running. 

plumbGER likes this
2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Probably Ali McCann. I think he's very promising but one for the future. Would like to see us sign him and loan him back out. If we're signing a replacement for Arfield, it'll need to be someone with a bit of experience who can hit the ground running. 

Is he any good mate? If it's the boy i'm thinking of he looks about 9 stone but got stuck in against us at McDairmid park.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Is he any good mate? If it's the boy i'm thinking of he looks about 9 stone but got stuck in against us at McDairmid park.

I really rate him, mate. Didn't get a lot of attention but he played 29 league games for them last season - aged 19/20. Saw him myself last February/March in a St. Johnstone / Hearts game which a client took me to. He was my MOTM by a mile and I've kept an eye on him since then. Tommy Wright gave him his debut and he's been very vocal about how good he thinks McCann is. Has also made his debut for N. Ireland already. 

He definitely needs to mature a bit - especially on the physical side - and I'd definitely loan him back out but, of the young players in the SPFL just now, I think he's the one most likely to hit the levels we need in 2-3 years. 

plumbGER and Robmc1 like this
3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I really rate him, mate. Didn't get a lot of attention but he played 29 league games for them last season - aged 19/20. Saw him myself last February/March in a St. Johnstone / Hearts game which a client took me to. He was my MOTM by a mile and I've kept an eye on him since then. Tommy Wright gave him his debut and he's been very vocal about how good he thinks McCann is. Has also made his debut for N. Ireland already. 

He definitely needs to mature a bit - especially on the physical side - and I'd definitely loan him back out but, of the young players in the SPFL just now, I think he's the one most likely to hit the levels we need in 2-3 years. 

Definitely the same player because I heard them mention his N.Ireland call up. I'll keep an eye out for him now for sure, cheers mate.

rangersross likes this

There were a couple of young players for St Mirren who played well against us. Ethan Erhanon, age 19 and Jake Doyle-Hayes, age 22.

Downside is that the first went to Holyrood and the second is from ROI so not exactly natural bluenoses.

Having said that, Erhanon was one of the best I’ve seen play against us this season.

Scottish game not exactly brimming over with quality midfielders.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

There were a couple of young players for St Mirren who played well against us. Ethan Erhanon, age 19 and Jake Doyle-Hayes, age 22.

Downside is that the first went to Holyrood and the second is from ROI so not exactly natural bluenoses.

Having said that, Erhanon was one of the best I’ve seen play against us this season.

Scottish game not exactly brimming over with quality midfielders.

Considering he shoulda been off the pitch in the cup tie after about 18 mins you shouldn't have had the chance to have that opinion.

Horrible wee cunt 

13 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Had heard we’re interesting. If that is the case it’ll be the same as Jack, wont be announced until end of season 

He completely turned around one of their games and I remember thinking how much better than Ferguson he was.

I’d be very interested in a pre-contract with the possibility of picking him up now for a reasonable fee.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

He completely turned around one of their games and I remember thinking how much better than Ferguson he was.

I’d be very interested in a pre-contract with the possibility of picking him up now for a reasonable fee.

Was it not against the tarriers in the 3-3 game? I’m sure he came on for someone and he was immense 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Definitely the same player because I heard them mention his N.Ireland call up. I'll keep an eye out for him now for sure, cheers mate.

There was a podcast that did a top 25 players under the age of 25 in Scotland during the first lockdown and McCann was quite high on the list. This is what they said about him.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There was a podcast that did a top 25 players under the age of 25 in Scotland during the first lockdown and McCann was quite high on the list. This is what they said about him.

He was linked to.the taigs but said his hero was Steven Davis when asked about it.

Not sure if that was him "letting us know" his allegiances 

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting discussion apart from that cunt who kept clearing his throat at the end of every sentence.

And what the fuck is a “second assist”?

Can you get a third assist and a fourth assist as well?:lol:

Does the guy’s maw get a 23rd assist for giving birth to the scorer? Where do you draw the line with this shite?

:lol:

They Gnu likes this
28 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Had heard we’re interesting. If that is the case it’ll be the same as Jack, wont be announced until end of season 

Would be good buisness trying to get him just now imo, could maybe  see a couple of our squad players like Stewart or Jones going on loan and a small fee to get him. 

Colin Traive likes this
23 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Was it not against the tarriers in the 3-3 game? I’m sure he came on for someone and he was immense 

Yeah, just watched the highlights there. Scum went 3-2 up and Wright created the penalty for Aberdeen to equalise with a great run. Might be more of a Kent type than a Jack to be honest.

TamCoopz likes this
1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Yeah, just watched the highlights there. Scum went 3-2 up and Wright created the penalty for Aberdeen to equalise with a great run. Might be more of a Kent type than a Jack to be honest.

Aye seemed very direct and a definite threat going forward 

10 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Interesting discussion apart from that cunt who kept clearing his throat at the end of every sentence.

And what the fuck is a “second assist”?

Can you get a third assist and a fourth assist as well?:lol:

Does the guy’s maw get a 23rd assist for giving birth to the scorer? Where do you draw the line with this shite?

:lol:

I stumbled upon it by accident a couple of days ago. I’ve downloaded all five episodes to listen to.The most I tend to see if players is when they are playing us so it’s good to hear a broader opinion of players playing in the league from people who watch a lot more of them than I do.

Also, yeah I don’t buy into the whole second assist talk. You either assist a goal or you don’t.:lol: