Arfield

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

He completely turned around one of their games and I remember thinking how much better than Ferguson he was.

I’d be very interested in a pre-contract with the possibility of picking him up now for a reasonable fee.

Against the fenians in the 3-3 game.

7 hours ago, chris182 said:

SG hopes start of next month

Na fuck that, should read: SG hope to start next month (as Player manager) to see Rangers over the line for 55. Also Lundstrum in.

Hopefully can find a new home for the likes of Edmunson (although would need to bring someone in 1st), Stewart,Barker and Jones.

Again if we're talking SPFL wingers or wide men for me Ryan Hedges looks better than the rest of them. Left footed, looks to play inside, can finish of chances, can play in tight spaces, tall, a powerful runner and can play on either side or centrally.

For me he looks a better player than Jones or Barker, who are just speed merchants, and contributes a lot more in terms of goals and assists in a team that doesn't score loads of goals: In 32 starts its 6 goals and 9 assists.

Out of contract in 2022 so wouldn't be a huge fee.

7 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Again if we're talking SPFL wingers or wide men for me Ryan Hedges looks better than the rest of them. Left footed, looks to play inside, can finish of chances, can play in tight spaces, tall, a powerful runner and can play on either side or centrally.

For me he looks a better player than Jones or Barker, who are just speed merchants, and contributes a lot more in terms of goals and assists in a team that doesn't score loads of goals: In 32 starts its 6 goals and 9 assists.

Out of contract in 2022 so wouldn't be a huge fee.

Doesn’t fit the home grown criteria though 

I think we'll sign another mid this month too.

Gerrard said it's a significant injury but hopefully that's just because it's ligaments and not because it's a significant ligament injury. Had similar in my ankle years ago and it took as long as a break to heal up. Hopefully it's not too serious because missing both him and Jack for a length of time is a blow for us.

3 minutes ago, LucyBlue said:

I'll bring us back on topic shall I?

Arfield?

Great player this season. Deserves celebrating the 55.

Should be looking to upgrade next. 

Stuck up for him last season hugley, our most important player past few months beside roofe

9 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Stuck up for him last season hugley, our most important player past few months beside roofe

I totally agree. Proved his worth, even in Europe. Most important thing about him is he has an end product.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Boyle or Hedges would be an improvement on Kent atm imo

We have enough cover for Arfield.

Any of us on this forum would be an improvement on Kent at the moment.   He needs a rest now and if rested he will come back stronger as we move towards March and April. 

7 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Any of us on this forum would be an improvement on Kent at the moment.   He needs a rest now and if rested he will come back stronger as we move towards March and April. 

Can't really argue with that, he's been pish recently and needs to up his game big time.

33 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Has another 3 years on his contract and the sheel are bleeding money weekly. I'd test the waters at a million and throw in loan deals for Jones and Stewart.

I’d test the water with a cash deal plus a permanent deal for Jones.

By failing to get McKay-Steven they have shown they are after a winger and it might suit them, especially because Jones did well at Kilmarnock before he came to us, to take him plus some money for Ferguson.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’d test the water with a cash deal plus a permanent deal for Jones.

By failing to get McKay-Steven they have shown they are after a winger and it might suit them, especially because Jones did well at Kilmarnock before he came to us, to take him plus some money for Ferguson.

If they can’t outbid Hearts for Mackay Steven then no chance can they afford Jones wages 

37 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

If they can’t outbid Hearts for Mackay Steven then no chance can they afford Jones wages 

We would probably have to sweeten the deal by paying Jones to leave, which is probably going to be the only way we get rid of him anyway because he won’t give up the best contract he will ever have for nothing.

Archived