6pts better off

hammer93

For how good we have been this season I was a bit taken aback that after 22 league games last year we had only dropped 7pts as referred to 4 this season.....obviously the 23rd game was the Tynecastle game.....today at Pittodrie probably mirrored a potential banana skin....glad to say we won and are now 6pts better off....roll on to fir park and hopefully we will put another ribbon on the trophy 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

For how good we have been this season I was a bit taken aback that after 22 league games last year we had only dropped 7pts as referred to 4 this season.....obviously the 23rd game was the Tynecastle game.....today at Pittodrie probably mirrored a potential banana skin....glad to say we won and are now 6pts better off....roll on to fir park and hopefully we will put another ribbon on the trophy 

Some improvement. Looks like we have learned from past mistakes like taking our foot of the gas. Last season pre January we were fantastic too

This season we have been near perfect, standards have been brilliant and long may they continue 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Some improvement. Looks like we have learned from past mistakes like taking our foot of the gas. Last season pre January we were fantastic too

This season we have been near perfect, standards have been brilliant and long may they continue 

I think today made me more nervous as we were reaching the point where it went tits up....it certainly looks like we are way beyond last seasons failure 

Just now, hammer93 said:

I think today made me more nervous as we were reaching the point where it went tits up....it certainly looks like we are way beyond last seasons failure 

Yeah. 

It's one of those games that if you want back they only had 2 chances other than the goal and we had countless ones.

Any game where we are not more than 1 goal ahead when it gets to 80 odd minutes is going to feel horrific but we dealt with it fairly easily given it was 10 men. 

I was a bag of nerves n light headed by FT and there will be a few more no doubt but come May it will be worth it. 

From day one I think the demands on the players have been consistent from the management.
However the quality of the group has gradually increased (better recruitment) over their time, thereby the demands/requirements from the management are being transferred onto the park more with more understanding & purpose.  
Credit to everyone involved, a good Rangers team that is consistently looking like a good Rangers team.  

22 minutes ago, Griffin Peterson said:

Still get annoyed at the linesman robbing us of 2 points at Easter Road earlier in the season too.

Their equaliser was clearly offside but let it go and we would’ve been 2 points better off. 

That and arfields miss at 2-2 9 times out of 10 he buries that. Hard to be too critical of the players though.

26 minutes ago, Griffin Peterson said:

Still get annoyed at the linesman robbing us of 2 points at Easter Road earlier in the season too.

Their equaliser was clearly offside but let it go and we would’ve been 2 points better off. 

Stop been so greedy mate you will forget all about it when the title is in the bag.

28 minutes ago, Griffin Peterson said:

absolute wonder save from bornas Fk from livvys keeper in the 0-0 too.

We aren't a great deal better off than last season but I felt we pulled a rabbit out the hat in a lot of the away games in the first half of last season. A lot of games we didn't play great but just got over the line. v st mirren with Barisic FK is the only one I can think of off hand. Always felt there was potential for us to drop points away from home on that basis (obviously the dip was far worse than that). I don't have that feeling this season though, we've relied on an odd goal far less.

Make no mistake,  this was a big boot in the baws to them today . 

Any lingering hopes they had would have been today , in what is always a battle for us .

Not only did we win , but for 60 minutes we returned to the free flowing football that's been missing the last few weeks , putting an end to any claims they had of fatigue or going off the boil . 

Today was massive and a blow to which they may not recover . I might actually even break the habit of a few years and watch them tomorrow , I think there's a real chance theyll drop points as im sure their heads will be down after today . 

I thought today's game was the most important. We won the game even although I thought the second half was awful. 

The only thing remembered in a few months time will be the 3 points. Today, we put one hand on 55 and if tomorrow's game is played, I wouldn't be surprised if Hibs get points.

I thought we were excellent today. Red card obviously helped but we had a hold of the midfield after the first 10 minutes, beating their press and generally dominating. It's interesting that we're only marginally better than last year in terms of points, you would expect with the relentlessness winning habit we have that it would be at least a few points more at this stage over last. More of the same next week, just keep winning!

Archived