ISOLATED AND ALONE' Ex-Rangers star Kevin Thomson opens up on Coventry ‘bullying’ as Sky Blues look into claims

Assegai

9 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

I’ve seen boys get a 2x4 put through there jacket and screwed to the floor for an hour, cunts shrink wrapped to pallets then put on the forklift but I’m glad I’ve never worked anywhere somebody greases your baws and dyes yer pubes for ye 😂

I’ve said this before and really annoys me when it shouldn’t but in Scotland it’s 4x2. Big number first always 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Thomson is now fondly remembered by all fans of the world's most successful club for his hard as nails performance that ended the Scottish career of Premier League star Robbie Keane before it got started and set us on the way to another league title, whereas Magennis is fondly remembered for... having a face like a bag of Maris Pipers? I know who I think had the last laugh.

51 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Well, Thomson is now fondly remembered by all fans of the world's most successful club for his hard as nails performance that ended the Scottish career of Premier League stat Robbie Keane before it got started and set us on the way to another league title, whereas Magennis is fondly remembered for... having a face like a bag of Maris Pipers? I know who I think had the last laugh.

Traumatic as fuck for KT though, can tell just by his response. The article was a tough as fuck read as well.

Hope this cunt gets done.

10 hours ago, CR3 said:

Will Rangers have to tell Thomson to not react publicly to these dickheads I’d imagine, sad times and I do not condone wankers from anyone’s past, kinda want them all to get their comeuppance but he’s working for the famous now and Gerrard has been doing his upmost to keep our reputation pristine whilst in-charge.

One of our staff was sexually assaulted as a child so no I hope we’re not going to tell him to keep it quiet ffs

9 hours ago, theiconicman said:

In any blue collar job in the 80s it was fairly common practice to initiate the apprentices. I wouldn't be surprised by it, although mostly for me it was grease in boots, or rubbed inside your overalls if you left your locker door unlocked. I was an apprentice and went to college with 50 others and you could all share stories.

For apprentice joiners in the 70's it was PVA and sawdust, fucking annoying tbh. Once was acceptable but one old cunt was wanting to do it every week, never thought about it at the time but looking back he must've been a bit of a paedo. He's gone now.... dead bastard.  

10 hours ago, Smile said:

Old paints and whatever they could lay their hands on. was actually better than the thick black grease that you had to cut of your bawhair. 

It was normal in that type of environment.

I had a couple of cunts bully me when I was an apprentice, it was the norm in the 70s. The apprentice Bricky got swarfega on his bollox, so one of the cunts teaching me and the labourer decided I had to be “initiated” so two grown men thought they were going to strip me and rub stuff on my nuts, chased me round the workshop into the toilet unfortunately for them there was a crate of empty milk bottles in there and I went nuts and bounced them off the cunts. Amazingly I got a bollocking off my boss for throwing the bottles. I can empathise with KT as I was a homesick young boy (18) far from home and some of the shite I got made me feel really miserable. However compared to the apprentice plaster I had it easy, I saw him get punched kicked and even get his head hit off a tile floor. 

34 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Traumatic as fuck for KT though, can tell just by his response. The article was a tough as fuck read as well.

Hope this cunt gets done.

Definitely, my response was aimed at the cunt Magennis, not minimising Thomson's experience. He seems to think he STILL has one over Thomson. 

41 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I had a couple of cunts bully me when I was an apprentice, it was the norm in the 70s. The apprentice Bricky got swarfega on his bollox, so one of the cunts teaching me and the labourer decided I had to be “initiated” so two grown men thought they were going to strip me and rub stuff on my nuts, chased me round the workshop into the toilet unfortunately for them there was a crate of empty milk bottles in there and I went nuts and bounced them off the cunts. Amazingly I got a bollocking off my boss for throwing the bottles. I can empathise with KT as I was a homesick young boy (18) far from home and some of the shite I got made me feel really miserable. However compared to the apprentice plaster I had it easy, I saw him get punched kicked and even get his head hit off a tile floor. 

I was from a mining community so have always known about initiations like this I suppose now to people it sounds horrific but it was standard practice then and seen as acceptable as it happened to them when they were starting as well.

As I said was worse for people who they knew it bothered more, looking back it is bullying and should never happen.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

I was from a mining community so have always known about initiations like this I suppose now to people it sounds horrific but it was standard practice then and seen as acceptable as it happened to them when they were starting as well.

As I said was worse for people who they knew it bothered more, looking back it is bullying and should never happen.

I was fortunate in some ways because I started my trade at 18 and the two cunts that gave me the most stick weren’t exactly Marcianno’s but saw some brutal shite happen to others, over the years. Have to say I never treated any apprentice badly myself.

14 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think initiations and stuff went on years back that were deemed acceptable then. Far from acceptable now (and then) but for someone in this day in age to boast about it is fucking mental.

Hope a whole world of shit hits him and ruins the cunt.

Started an apprenticeship in 1965 and some of the older guys suggested they grease the new kids balls.
Bad move as the new kid wasn't for taking it,and armed himself with a huge cast iron dorr knob on a chain.
Hope the instigator thought about it for the rest of his life,and the other 2 hated bullies as much as me.

That shit has been going on for 100's of years and will never cease in my life time.
Their will always be bullies.  

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

I was fortunate in some ways because I started my trade at 18 and the two cunts that gave me the most stick weren’t exactly Marcianno’s but saw some brutal shite happen to others, over the years. Have to say I never treated any apprentice badly myself.

Yes, I seen a lot of boys who started the same time as me take a lot of stick as they knew it really got to them. Funny at the time I would never have thought about it as bullying just something that had gone on for years not something I ever took part in as I was still just really a kid at 16 when I first started working as a miner.

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, I seen a lot of boys who started the same time as me take a lot of stick as they knew it really got to them. Funny at the time I would never have thought about it as bullying just something that had gone on for years not something I ever took part in as I was still just really a kid at 16 when I first started working as a miner.

Heard about an apprentice electrician in the yards who had his hair clamped in a Vice and cut off with a hacksaw, because the older guys thought it was too long. 

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Heard about an apprentice electrician in the yards who had his hair clamped in a Vice and cut off with a hacksaw, because the older guys thought it was too long. 

Terrible, there would be court cases for that stuff now.

I was an apprentice too and got a bit of a hard time BUT the KT bullying goes a lot further than, as was done, 40 years ago to car mechanic, electrician, plumber apprentices, etc.

KT was 15 YO, just out of school and living away from home. He’d not have had the sanctuary of his own place to escape to, and with his parents at hand to help him through it.

He must have felt very vulnerable & alone at times - that could have had severe effects on his mental health.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I was an apprentice too and got a bit of a hard time BUT the KT bullying goes a lot further than, as was done, 40 years ago to car mechanic, electrician, plumber apprentices, etc.

KT was 15 YO, just out of school and living away from home. He’d not have had the sanctuary of his own place to escape to, and with his parents at hand to help him through it.

He must have felt very vulnerable & alone at times - that could have had severe effects on his mental health.

Hope Magennis gets his cunt kicked in firmly after this, by Thomson or anyone else. Horrible rhat bastard.

9 hours ago, CR3 said:

Normally how a press team works, they’ll have an indoors meeting and tell him not to reply to fannies on social media 

Its out now, if anything Rangers will defend him, definitely not be trying to hush it up and sweep it under the carpet 

Bullying at all levels is completely wrong, there are many differing ways to inflict this on people. There was a culture of bullying where I once worked, I challenged this at a high level. Strangely enough my life was then made very uncomfortable, in an attempt to move me (not the problem) away. Anybody that has been in this situation, will rightly know what KT has felt like.  The only blessing I can see, is he has a great insight into it, and will make sure it doesn’t happen at the training ground. 

Can't remember if it was shipyards as an apprentice or the BB but I remember my old man telling me about being worried about getting the shoe polish when he was younger. I think it was at BB camp off older kids.

Fucking mental that shit went on in workplaces and sports clubs etc back in the day. You'd be jailed pretty sharpish now.

Archived