I've heard it all now

hammer93

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Happy belated birthday pal.

Fuck Micky Stewart.

Why are people so sure that Hedges had no intent? 

At the time it looked like he had no intent but looking at the picture above I would say he had 100% intent. You can see him looking down to make sure he clips Alfredos heel. It was still a red accidental or not because he wasn’t going for the ball.

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

He said this situation isn't really covered in the rules.

Says in the rules a genuine attempt to challenge for the ball is a yellow, and ALL other circumstances denying a clear and obvious goal scoring chance are a red.

Almost like he doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'all'?

I take comfort in the fact that this non entity has spent at least 1hr out of his day to try to justify one of our opposition players from not being sent off. At the end of the day his comment might get more publicity than the shite I write in here but my shite is giving the same amount of credibility.

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

He said this situation isn't really covered in the rules.

Says in the rules a genuine attempt to challenge for the ball is a yellow, and ALL other circumstances denying a clear and obvious goal scoring chance are a red.

Almost like he doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'all'?

There’s much in life he doesn’t understand.

I think fair enough arguing with the rule, which is a nonsense, but he's saying there's enough scope in the current rules for that not to be a red. You can tell the guy wants to be a politician with the way he argues, just shamelessly makes up shit to suit his agenda. Prick!

7 hours ago, Badger said:

Letter of the law it's a red - but lad probably can count himself unfortunate as he absolutely had no intent to commit a foul. 

However it is one of those ones - the ref has no real option. It is a foul, it is a stonewall penalty, it is a goal scoring opportunity and he hasn't tried to play the ball. The rule doesn't mention anywhere about intent to commit a foul - which I accept that Hedges had none

However, the flip side is, when you run across a player in the box - you have to be careful.

The only issue I have with that, do you think he would have clipped his heels if he hadn't tried to reach out and pull Morelos back? It may have been an accidental trip but I am not sure we can attribute no intention to foul?

Regardless of any of that it's a red anyway as you say!

Just watched the slevering prick on the gighlights just now. Quite funny really cos you just knew for a fact what his take would be even before he said it. He got him himself in a right knot with his explanation though, a tremendous burst of nonsense. Something like its the rules but its not the rules. Fuck knows really. Whatever, he is hurting so its all good.

16 minutes ago, sergi1980 said:

Fuck Michael Stewart, we know he's wrong practically all the time. Because it's US he can't help himself. I think he likes the backlash from fans. Fanny !!

He absolutely does. It’s the only thing that keeps him relevant. 

Any where else on the pitch, that is a foul, (we've all done it at some point) Tav got a yellow later in the game for something similar,,,so definately a penalty and a red card (rules)

just because aginger tosser doesn't agree with the rules won't change the outcome.

This tosser has a totally inflated opinion of his ability to process descisions

Archived