Hagi

GOAT

I like Hagi, he is unpredictable which the opposition hate. Shoots when he can and the lad doesn't half mind being roughed about and hit the deck, bounces up and carries on most of the time, makes a change from rolling about like you have been shot.

Another year or two and I think we will really see him coming into his own.

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Was excellent first half, but like aribo seems to last an hour of a game then looks knackered

Just a shame that Gerrard can’t bring himself to make a sub until the last 10-15 minutes most of the time. My only real criticism of him at present to be fair 😂

bubbling. 

There is probably a decent body of evidence now to show the coaching team don't get the best out of a player in their first 12 months with them they work them, coach them and improve them- Hagi has plenty more gears to come.

We have looked a bit leggy lately his ability to keep other teams turned has been decent the last month. 

6 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Thought he was hiding for too much of the game which he needs to improve on. Always has a couple of great moments in a game but the rest is not good enough.

His running off the ball in the first half was excellent, didn’t have a great second half.

17 hours ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Yesterday summed up his time with us so far. Mostly anonymous with one or two moments of genuine magic. Still hope he’ll come good consistency-wise...stats-wise he maybe looks good but given his ability I’d expect more from him...too many unforced errors.

This is normal for a creative player. He can either play conservative passes and have a 95%+ completion rate, or try to create like he does, and have 15 goals and assists in 19 starts, but it would be a big ask for him to have both at this stage.

On 11/01/2021 at 10:13, Johnstone Burgh said:

Just a shame that Gerrard can’t bring himself to make a sub until the last 10-15 minutes most of the time. My only real criticism of him at present to be fair 😂

SG substituted at HT v the mhanks,now before you say aye but Roofe was injured,he did say he was looking to bring Hagi on at HT and Roofes injury made it easier. His subs have improved 100% this season.

14 minutes ago, bluesteel said:

SG substituted at HT v the mhanks,now before you say aye but Roofe was injured,he did say he was looking to bring Hagi on at HT and Roofes injury made it easier. His subs have improved 100% this season.

Aye that’s why I said most of the time, he’s still learning but sometimes I feel like we could make changes earlier, Hagi and Aribo both looked a bit done in after 65-70 mins on Sunday for example. Not really a criticism, just irks me a bit sometimes. 

4 hours ago, JamieD said:

This is normal for a creative player. He can either play conservative passes and have a 95%+ completion rate, or try to create like he does, and have 15 goals and assists in 19 starts, but it would be a big ask for him to have both at this stage.

With you on that, but it’s the 5 yard sideways pass that he invariably gets wrong...I’ve no issue when an attempted killer pass fails to reach its target.

8 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

I have been absolutely convinced that a Rangers player would go on to play for a Barca, Madrid type twice. Once was John Fleck, the second is Hagi. I can't be wrong twice.

Tbf to Fleck he was always on a hiding to nothing, built up as the next Rooney if I recall correctly. He has managed to have a decent career mind you. 

29 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Aye that’s why I said most of the time, he’s still learning but sometimes I feel like we could make changes earlier, Hagi and Aribo both looked a bit done in after 65-70 mins on Sunday for example. Not really a criticism, just irks me a bit sometimes. 

It was always a criticism of mine as well about his subs or lack of especially in tight games when the opposition are starting to come into it, you still see him being a bit cautious with the subs now and again but can't really complain this season as its worked. Another aspect to it is obviously more quality on the bench meaning Gerrard has more trust in those he is bringing on. 

Archived