Katic

Swagger

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I clearly have a warped view of the game! It is very interesting though how quickly your star can wane once you're out of sight and out of mind. I think you can probably count on one hand the amount of times Katic has let us down, add that to the context that prior to this season it's not like our centre backs were flawless, far from it. People have short memories, regardless of how good they've been this season (and they have been mustard by the way) they've been hammered on this forum and quite rightly at times (not Balogun). 

He’s not very good. I said before this season and I’ll say it again. Sell him when we can.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s not very good. I said before this season and I’ll say it again. Sell him when we can.

I think that’s mental, from the boy that loved Josh Windass. How can you say he’s not very good? Give me examples. I can remember him having a nightmare once, first half against someone at home possibly Kilmarnock.

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

If it’s true he’s back already, then he is indeed an absolute machine.

I’ve done my ACL twice (2nd time just last January) and despite doing as much rehab and running as I can, I’m miles away from playing football.

He did his 6 months ago. Incredible.

He’s still lagging miles behind big Marvin .a couple of prayers sorted him out .

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I think that’s mental, from the boy that loved Josh Windass. How can you say he’s not very good? Give me examples. I can remember him having a nightmare once, first half against someone at home possibly Kilmarnock.

Did he not have a nightmare at st Johnstone away last season? 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Lol.

Spartak away, St Johnstone away, Hearts away, Motherwell away off the top of my head.

People used to blame him having bad games on Goldson being shite :lol: 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lol.

Spartak away, St Johnstone away, Hearts away, Motherwell away off the top of my head.

St Johnstone and Spartak really stand out as bad. Think the others might just be ‘no great’. 

Edit: I think part of Goldson’s up turn in form is to do with not having to talk / walk an inexperienced guy through the game. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

St Johnstone and Spartak really stand out as bad. Think the others might just be ‘no great’. 

Edit: I think part of Goldson’s up turn in form is to do with not having to talk / walk an inexperienced guy through the game. 

He was bullied by Uche at Tynecastle last season in the 1-1 game. Wasn’t just him at Motherwell either tbf.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lol.

Was always rubbish. Was simply because they liked Katic as a guy more. Goldsom became responsible for his own mistakes and for Katic's. People would also sometimes miraculously miss his mistakes, but be all over Goldson's

Katic's not at the standard we are now. Might improve. Hope he does, cause he's a good lad, but you can't let that blind you to his actual performances.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Was always rubbish. Was simply because they liked Katic as a guy more. Goldsom became responsible for his own mistakes and for Katic's. People would also sometimes miraculously miss his mistakes, but be all over Goldson's

Katic's not at the standard we are now. Might improve. Hope he does, cause he's a good lad, but you can't let that blind you to his actual performances.

Katic got all that same hype that was around Goian when he first joined - Goina facts, mind that.. they are both big huge hard looking bastards so people overhype their ability without seeing the donkey work, the other, and better CB in both cases (Bocanega and Goldson) were actually ding to carry them. It isn't a huge shock Goldson has looked more at ease next to Helander and Balogun. 

Katic has a handful of games a season where he looks as if he could be a star and then another handful where he’s an absolute bomb scare. We’ve seen the same with Edmundson. With Goldson, Helander and Balogun you know roughly what you’re going to get each week and that’s important for a team like us 

36 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You're bang on with this tbh.

I wouldn't have a problem with him being our 4th choice CB, but,  a loan deal with regular football would be beneficial for him and us.

Katic wins the popularity vote all day long because he is committed to the club and his dedication to the game is outstanding, But I would even argue that Edmundson has better potential. Obviously not a popular suggestion given what has happened.

I remember Kyle Bartley took a fair share of abuse at times and he has quietly carved out a solid career. Center half take time to develop so Katic still might turn out to be really good but so far is Rangers career has been average.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s not good enough tbh.

He’ll always be 4th choice whilst Goldson, Balogun and Helander at club.

He’s absolutely fine as a 3rd choice. 

Remember Balogun only has 6 (or 18 months if we extend his deal) left on his term, Goldsons got 18. Keep Katic and get him learning, we’ve got a ready made replacement who’s already shown he can do it in Europe etc. 

The boys only recently 24 FFS, he’s so young for a CB and already got almost 150 odd top flight games in him despite an ACL injury 

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’ll get hammered for this no doubt but don’t really care because I think he’s class but I think POTENTIALLY Katic is our best centre back. 

I love the big man but is nowhere near our best CB, potentially or otherwise!

He often gets caught out positionally and for someone so good in the air attacking set pieces, seems to get caught under the ball a lot in open play, its something thats always concerned me about him. 

He is still 24 and has a lot of time to improve but if we lose Balgoun, Helander or god forbid Goldson, we would really need to look at bringing someone in to replace them.