Katic

Swagger

I’m a Katic fan and there’s plenty more to come from him. He had spells where he struggled with mistakes but Goldson didn’t exactly look the finished article in the first two seasons either and look at him now 

With Balogun looking like staying Katic will make up the four CBs with Edmundson probably finished 

• 1 year later...

Haven't been around to see the pre-season games. How has he played? Has he had much game time at all? Just wondering if he's looking anything like getting a start. Davies may be another couple of weeks before being match fit so between him and Souttar for the other starting place, surely?

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

Unless I've missed something, I don't think before the season starts is the time to write him off. He's not been back long and let's see what Gio can get out of him first no?

Would be great to see him click, would love that for the big guy.

He's looked miles off it tbf. 

3 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Unless I've missed something, I don't think before the season starts is the time to write him off. He's not been back long and let's see what Gio can get out of him first no?

Would be great to see him click, would love that for the big guy.

I think if Gio thought anything of him he’d have had some game time. With Goldson, Davies, Souttar, Helander, Sands and King I think he’s got next to no chance of getting a game here. Time to move him on. 

29 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He's looked miles off it tbf. 

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think if Gio thought anything of him he’d have had some game time. With Goldson, Davies, Souttar, Helander, Sands and King I think he’s got next to no chance of getting a game here. Time to move him on. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe.

Better than Souttar imo and can play as left hand side partner to Goldson. But the writing is on the wall for him and he's probably something like 6th or 7th choice in the managers eyes to start.

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Better than Souttar imo and can play as left hand side partner to Goldson. But the writing is on the wall for him and he's probably something like 6th or 7th choice in the managers eyes to start.

There’s no way he’s better than Souttar

He doesn’t look like his improved at all, still issues with his passing and positionally seems all over the place. 

He’s great at siege defending and would head anything, I imagine he’d go to a mid table EFL Championship side and look great. But not at the level we need 

26 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Christ 

Katic is a poor defender and poor with the ball at his feet. Good in the opposition box and a good character.

Just about as obviously not good enough for us as you'll get. Insane that some folk see a Rangers squad member in him.

Shame, cause I like him and he'll leave with best wishes.

I think it is right and fair to the player that Gio has a proper look at him pre-season but he has a lot to do. He was not even first choice before his injury or loan and it is clear there are multiple players ahead of him now. Goldson is clearly our number one centre back. Souttar has been playing regularly in the last year to a decent level in the league after his own injury problems and Davies has been brought in for a decent fee. If anything he is competing to be a backup centre back with Helander, Simpson, Sands etc. Helander is the best defender of that group but is no longer fit enough to relied upon and will have his own struggle to get back in. For me Katic is better than Simpson but lacks the versatility of Sands who can slot into the midfield too. I don't have a problem with his attitude but it feels like his ship has sailed with us. I think he and Simpson could still go before the start of the season.