Connor Goldson

graeme_4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

Has thrived this Season. 

We probably didn't give him enough credit for not playing for so long due to his heart scare. 

But something has changed this Season, be it no crowds or just settling in finally. 

He's been magnificent. 

no crowds is exactly mate, still think goldson has a bombscare moment in him but seems to have got rid hopefully for good, dilly dally etc we plat out from our own 6 yard line everytime we start play from the back, everyone seems confident however we need to choose the right times to bring teams out, I reckon the no crowds is HUGE for imo, some of them might struggle again with crowds......

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We need to get him tied down to a new contract as a matter of urgency. 

This is why I think he'll be away in the summer. We've got Borna and Alfie on longer deals etc. Think if we were we would have agreed one by now.

I was told he was close to joining WBA last January by a reasonably good source?

When he made the mistake at home in the loss against Hamilton. 

I was at the time definitely wanting shot of him....too many up and down performances, he was failing to convince me that he could turn his Rangers career round at this point

Ten months on and I couldn't be further from being wrong....let's not pretend that he isn't making any mistakes because he still does ...difference is he is now recovering better from making a bad pass or maybe mis-timing a header....he has just looked a lot more assured than at anytime in his Rangers career....even then I initially thought he settled well in his first couple of months 

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

When he made the mistake at home in the loss against Hamilton. 

I was at the time definitely wanting shot of him....too many up and down performances, he was failing to convince me that he could turn his Rangers career round at this point

Ten months on and I couldn't be further from being wrong....let's not pretend that he isn't making any mistakes because he still does ...difference is he is now recovering better from making a bad pass or maybe mis-timing a header....he has just looked a lot more assured than at anytime in his Rangers career....even then I initially thought he settled well in his first couple of months 

After Tynecastle and that Hamilton game i thought there was no way back for Gerrard, Tav or Goldson. The vitriol towards those 3 in particular at Tynecastle was incredible.

The turnaround since then has been quite unbelievable.

8 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

OP should be banned for racism as the video won't work in my country 😂

Still makes the odd mistake but the difference is that the team as a whole are actually working that much better now that mistakes are covered as they should be. 

A solid foundation is the basis of any league winning team and we definitely have that this year.

I have lots of friends that are from other countries... 

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is why I think he'll be away in the summer. We've got Borna and Alfie on longer deals etc. Think if we were we would have agreed one by now.

I was told he was close to joining WBA last January by a reasonably good source?

Do you think he’d want to go to a club like that, when he’s the main man here and about to get probably his only crack at the Champions League? 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Do you think he’d want to go to a club like that, when he’s the main man here and about to get probably his only crack at the Champions League? 

No idea, but he can triple his wages and have a good 4 games and end up in the England squad if he's playing in the Premier League. 

We still have to qualify for the Champions League too. We could feasibly get a tough draw get beat, end up in the Europa League Champions path and get a tough draw and be out of Europe by September.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No idea, but he can triple his wages and have a good 4 games and end up in the England squad if he's playing in the Premier League. 

We still have to qualify for the Champions League too. We could feasibly get a tough draw get beat, end up in the Europa League Champions path and get a tough draw and be out of Europe by September.

Would be interesting to know what Southgate would think though of Goldson playing in a solid team such as us in the Champions League on the big stage, winning silverware, etc, versus a CB at a bottom third EPL team who doesn't know what it takes to win things or play on a big stage. England's problem has been for a long time they never have many winners in their squad... Being a winner is a mentality and if we pull off 55 and go from there, Goldson will absorb that mentality. 

I doubt Goldson will go until Gerrard goes or allows him to go.

EPL money? aye great sure, but he is literally being coached with a player he likely watched in awe growing up, a guy who has stood by him backed him, improved him, pretty much turned his career around. He is on the edge of something pretty remarkable in football and in reality is looking a chance at the CL in the eye at least.

He is going to fuck that off to go and get relegated and player for Big Sam? come on now.

We will get another season from a few of our squad at least, there chance to earn their EPL cash will come easy enough for a few of them 

As an aside, he has pretty much always been class with us other than a few mistakes, the constant want to write players next to him as better players was always a bit weird to me. 

He's been the best of our CBs since he arrived, IMO. 

He's been prone to some sloppy mistakes, no question, but they've always been unfairly magnified IMO. The defence conceded only 15 goals last season in the league, we're now seeing how important it is to have goals scored across the pitch - not just from one source. Overall he's been a superb signing.

In Europe he's excelled as well, the amount of clearing headers he makes when we're under siege helps the team trust we're not going to concede because if teams can't play through us they're going to do well to beat him in the air. 

Pretty much flawless this season though, set a ridiculously high standard.

Archived