Connor Goldson

graeme_4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

came back from a serious health issue and has improved with every game/season.

i love helander and balogun. especially balogun. when he plays CB then all our defense are considered ball playing defender, and have goal threats about them.

but goldson is clearly our strongest. he has tweaked his game to cut out his previous errors and what we see now is a defender well and truly about to reach his prime.

he can score , he can pass. he can do it all. and he english. easily worth 20 milion.

with the foreign rule coming into play in Britain. reliable british players will be hugely sought after down south.

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

came back from a serious health issue and has improved with every game/season.

i love helander and balogun. especially balogun. when he plays CB then all our defense are considered ball playing defender, and have goal threats about them.

but goldson is clearly our strongest. he has tweaked his game to cut out his previous errors and what we see now is a defender well and truly about to reach his prime.

he can score , he can pass. he can do it all. and he english. easily worth 20 milion.

with the foreign rule coming into play in Britain. reliable british players will be hugely sought after down south.

Goldson is not “easily worth 20 million”.

No chance we get anywhere near that selling him, he’s 28

Not only his defending but he’s a goal threat now. 
Last season he struggled to get a header on target. Was really frustrating how many times his headers flew well over the bar. 
Now he’s popping up scoring with his head, feet and whatever else he can use. 

Was resigned to thinking he was going to be an absolute dumpling forever at the end of last season but happy to say I’ve never been more wrong 

Guy has been colossal this season and his passing out from the back is back to what it looked like when he first signed 

Has made massive improvement in front of goal as well, his headers used to be shocking but now he’s a massive threat at set pieces

Along with Tav he’s one of the guys I’ll be happiest for when it’s all said and done this season given what he’s been through with the heart defect not to mention being left out of the Brighton team in favour of Shane fucking Duffy 

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

He’s been superb.

still can’t stand how his right arm and hand go when he has the ball at his feet and when passing....looks like a WAG who’s missing her handbag :)

Still superb tho’ 

Lol that does my Das head in as well !

Everytime he’s on the ball it’s ‘ Look,  Look,  Look at his fkn arm !! ‘ 

If you look at his physique these days he’s an together more powerful, bigger & toned unit, almost EPL-esque. As is Tav btw. 

Glad they’ve adapted to the requirements of the modern game, especially our league. 

Maybe Borna rolling up built like fkn Rambo spurred them all on ? 

He's been fantastic this season. Set really high standards for himself and others and really has stepped up.

I do think not having the fans in the grounds has really helped him. He's able to make a few errors(as ball playing CBs do) without being effected by the crowd which we have seen in the past.

Hopefully carries this confidence forward.

2 hours ago, tom1780 said:

Think he’s a magnificent bastard 

however needs to cut out the one error look about him would be my only criticism. 

if he can do that he’d be phenomenal 

Mate every centre back I’ve ever watched at Rangers has errors in them, Gough, Butcher, Weir all made mistakes at times. That’s football.

I don't know if the stat has been posted but this season, we actually have the best defense in Europe.

1, Rangers – 0.26,

2, Atlético Madrid - 0.4, 

3, Sturm Graz - 0.45,

4, PSG - 0.58, 

5, Sporting CP - 0.62,

6, Club Brugge - 0.65,

7, Omonia – 0.66,

8, Lille - 0.74,

9, Dynamo Kiev – 0.76.

1 hour ago, CoGerfficiency said:

This is why people think the EPL is the be all and end all, because of over hyped tits like this with over inflated price tags. It's nowhere near as big a league as people scream about. Good, yes, great? Nah!

It’s the ‘biggest’ league in the world

On 13/01/2021 at 13:00, beararse said:

He’s been superb.

still can’t stand how his right arm and hand go when he has the ball at his feet and when passing....looks like a WAG who’s missing her handbag :)

Still superb tho’ 

He's immitating carrying Griffiths and Edouard in a bag for life mate! 

Archived