The Rangers Teams Hall Of Fame.

tannerall

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

We already have the Rangers players' Hall Of Fame. 

But if we could put Rangers teams in there who would you have as your choices. 

I'll start of course with these. 

s-l640.jpg

I know what you mean but they did kind of get inducted into the HOF as an entire squad. You would certainly struggle to make a case of Alfie Conn and Willie Mathieson being in there individually.

The Invincibles of 1898-99, the 1927-28 hoodoo busting double winners, and the treble winners of 1948-49 would be my three contributions.

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Rangers 1898/99

Won every league game.

Rangers-team-1899-604x270.jpg

Completely off topic but it should be noted that teams back then only had to play a total of 20 league games before the title was awarded. Those 20-match titles are still valid today, which should be considered if the current season was to be suspended anytime in the near future.

20 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

Completely off topic but it should be noted that teams back then only had to play a total of 20 league games before the title was awarded. Those 20-match titles are still valid today, which should be considered if the current season was to be suspended anytime in the near future.

Was only 18 games, but they were there to be won or lost. So still an amazing record, which nobody else had achieved. 

Incidentally we lost every cup that season. 

Advocaats 98/99 season won the league title at the piggery in what was a very special day.

02/03 treble winners. Matched them every step of the way and snatched it at the very death, has to be one of the greatest days at Ibrox ever. 

The 92/93 season is probably still my favourite. Those champions league nights are everything this club is about. Looking back I still find it amazing how we managed to assemble such a great squad during those 9iar years.

22 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

This seasons squad after they tie up 55 ? 

Im my opinion it’s a yes, biggest title win ever as far as I’m concerned. 

I genuinely don't think some appreciate the magnitude of what Gerard and this team are on the cusp of doing and what it could mean for years ahead. Especially looking at the last 5 years.

For us this changes absolutely everything in terms of merchandise, sponsorship, the return of our team to the champions league

This will also have serious repercussions for the Tims in the sign of massive revenue loss, the need to sell their players and rebuild their team from almost scratch, pay off a shite management team, no season ticket renewals etc. This could be the foundations of a massive momentum shift which was pretty much unthinkable a couple of years back.

Just beautiful ahhhhhhhhhhh   

53 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I genuinely don't think some appreciate the magnitude of what Gerard and this team are on the cusp of doing and what it could mean for years ahead. Especially looking at the last 5 years.

For us this changes absolutely everything in terms of merchandise, sponsorship, the return of our team to the champions league

This will also have serious repercussions for the Tims in the sign of massive revenue loss, the need to sell their players and rebuild their team from almost scratch, pay off a shite management team, no season ticket renewals etc. This could be the foundations of a massive momentum shift which was pretty much unthinkable a couple of years back.

Just beautiful ahhhhhhhhhhh   

This is a terrific post. 

I'd pin it to the top of the forum, so we can look back on it in years to come and say:

@BigBearButt was right.

Archived