*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Madina said:

I'm definitely not a tarrier. I'm a realist though and I think celtic will win on Wed. Obviously I hope not. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up and say you told me so, but banking on they kunts losing is a dangerous game to play 

We don’t have to “bank” on them losing anymore though.

We have been close to flawless this season and that has got us to a position now where we can afford a few days like today - and they were always going to happen - and them needing to be perfect for the next four months just to even have a sniff of the title. 

You are worrying about nothing.

Just now, DBBTB said:

We have been close to flawless this season and that has got us to a position now where we can afford a few days like today - and they were always going to happen - and them needing to be perfect for the next four months just to even have a sniff of the title. 

Well said.

Some amount of Squeaky Bummers on here

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Based on what?

Our best and most comfortable performance in the last month in a bit was without him.

Based on what else we have at our disposal. Leaving it just Hagi and Aribo with two strikers and Davis and Kamara doesn't work for me. 

St Mirren? Yep we were solid nothing more and nothing less (that's not a complaint 3 points is all that matters). We were just as solid against St Johnstone the week before and we were very good for 65 minutes last week at Aberdeen. We didn't drop our guard just because of him. If we were going to win that game today we were better doing it with him, Aribo and Hagi on the park with Itten and Morelos.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly mate.

Fucking spot on.

1 minute ago, BigDak said:

Our strength at the start of the season was our defence. If we were more solid today we would’ve won that. I say that as a former defender and I know how annoying it is when the attackers aren’t doing their job. But their goal today was totally avoidable. 

That being said, I totally expected us to drop points at some point and we’ve maintained our current lead so I’m not getting too carried away.

People saying it was a good goal. It was an awful goal to lose and you could see it coming. It was like watching it in slow motion - really slack from us 

Just now, TheJacketRFC said:

Feels like a defeat on here today its a fucking joke.

We played absolute dug shite against celtic and still won and we where worse today and came away with a point.

We are undefeated in the fucking league and people still having a moan seriously.

That lot have won 7 games in 21 or something and we are fucking strolling it regardless of playing pish we are grinding out the results.

We're undefeated aye but the last 4/5 games we've been terrible, the results have still came which is good however today was inevitable if we kept it up. 

Hopefully its the kick up the arse we needed, the issue most people have is the slow starts/turning up expecting to win.

I think the praise, the 'champions elect' stuff that keeps getting spouted is getting to the players personally and they're starting to think it's already over. Few shit results and we're back in a title race, up to the management to focus the players on next week, back to winning ways and keep the taigs at a distance.

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Problem is everytime Aribo has the ball he wants to beat 3/4men instead of doing the easy thing 

Aribo is great in a game we're winning and knocking the ball about for fun. 

Having to put the hard graft in? Not so much imo.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Most of the celtic team who will play on Wednesday haven't played since we beat them, they will be fucked, Livi win or draw for me.

Our performance today will give them a lift. They’ll beat Livingston comfortably on Wed. 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

We're undefeated aye but the last 4/5 games we've been terrible, the results have still came which is good however today was inevitable if we kept it up. 

Hopefully its the kick up the arse we needed, the issue most people have is the slow starts/turning up expecting to win.

I think the praise, the 'champions elect' stuff that keeps getting spouted is getting to the players personally and they're starting to think it's already over. Few shit results and we're back in a title race, up to the management to focus the players on next week, back to winning ways and keep the taigs at a distance.

Who gives a fuck if we are terrible as long as we pick up the results and grind out games like today.

We dont need a kick up the arse ffs we are 21 pts ahead at the top of the table undefeated and strolling it.
Players have been pretty poor but they got a result today that is all that matters.

3 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Feels like a defeat on here today its a fucking joke.

We played absolute dug shite against Celtic and still won and we where worse today and came away with a point.

We are undefeated in the fucking league and people still having a moan seriously.

That lot have won 7 games in 21 or something and we are fucking strolling it regardless of playing pish we are grinding out the results.

couldn't give a fuck how many games they have won or have not won.

It feels like a defeat because we just drew with the team who are bottom of the league.

We are undefeated due to our early season performances. We have been a bit fortunate picking up points the last month or so.

People have a right to show a little discontent today.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Based on what else we have at our disposal. Leaving it just Hagi and Aribo with two strikers and Davis and Kamara doesn't work for me. 

St Mirren? Yep we were solid nothing more and nothing less (that's not a complaint 3 points is all that matters). We were just as solid against St Johnstone the week before and we were very good for 65 minutes last week at Aberdeen. We didn't drop our guard just because of him. If we were going to win that game today we were better doing it with him, Aribo and Hagi on the park with Itten and Morelos.

Won't lie, completely blanked St Johnstone, I'll give you that one.

We were better against St Mirren than Aberdeen imo, and comfortable the whole game. We were best doing without a player who's woefully out of form.

As bad as a draw may seem, in the end it's still a good result. We haven't lost any ground to celtic, another game ticked off and we move on to the next.

wouldve been nice to get 2 points in front but end of the day, out with their goal they didn't actually threaten that much 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Our performance today will give them a lift. They’ll beat Livingston comfortably on Wed. 

Who cares if they do, they still need to keep going win every game, beat us twice and hope we lose another two or three 🤣

Its in our hands fuck then they could win every game between now and May and we could still be champions, people are getting too hung up on them their results fuck them it’s all about the Rangers 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

If he’s not running the ball straight out of play he’s running into defenders. That was horrible from Kent today. I like him but we need more options in that area. He should have been hooked far earlier 

Don't get me wrong there are times he makes me want to smash my head of a wall:lol: the one he ran it straight out was bad.

I think today in that second half we needed him, Aribo, Hagi, Morelos and Itten on to win that game. Bring on Barker for Kent then maybe you still have enough numbers in and around their area to hurt them. I still think outwith Tav he created just as anyone else today with that ball over to Tav who headed it down and nobody was home.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

couldn't give a fuck how many games they have won or have not won.

It feels like a defeat because we just drew with the team who are bottom of the league.

We are undefeated due to our early season performances. We have been a bit fortunate picking up points the last month or so.

People have a right to show a little discontent today.

Crying over spilt milk.

I will take playing shite and grinding out results like today.

Archived