*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well known tactics against us, play narrow, congested  middle of the pitch.

We have to take advantage of the space they giving us out wide.

Put itten on and they will soon come out and stop they crosses, Buff doing well but at 5'9 always going to be a struggle in there 9n his own.

Hagi for Itten for me, wee man done great last few games just no happening for him today.

The goal we conceded was pretty pathetic but Motherwell the first 20 minutes had a decent plan and it worked and we struggled to work it out.

Since then though it's been frustrating. Tav and Borna are literally being shown on to the byline and refuse to do it for some reason. Get the byline and get balls across the goal for the front 3 and Aribo.

As for Kent, Aribo and Hagi they are playing way to narrow for me. They need to double up down the wings and play in the space Motherwell are giving us and we'll start to create. They've also left Morelos way to isolated. Three or four times he's got the ball and no one near him but is surrounded by two or three defenders.

I'm confident Gerrard and Beale will make the right changes and we can still win this!

1 minute ago, fin8577 said:

I would say keep Hagi on and take Kent off he has offered very little in the first half 

I disagree, he delivered few balls and drove well when he got fouled by Motherwell. 

They all need to wake up second half though.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

We will win this trust me. Why the fuck it took for the goal to wake us up I don’t know but we were a lot more positive after it. 

should come out firing. 

Or Motherwell are just protecting what they have and let us come forward, we seem to have run out of ideas up front

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

This has shades of Tynecastle last year at this stage of the season, need a massive change in ideas and intensity second half 

Even more worrying is they were bottom and had just signed a guy from Burton Albion. 
Deja fucking vu?

I hope not

Archived