*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

Can’t start games like that. It’s criminal.

What’s really disappointing is we had all week to rest up, then get get up for the game and see yesterday’s result. 

And then that’s how we play. I worry that the players think it’s all done.

This NEEDS to be a big warning shot to the players

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again he utilises a system that gets the ball out wide to throw crosses into a box that at best will have morelos and one of either hagi or kent, that isn't going to trouble most scottish defences

Aribo, kamara and davis will not give you the type of runs into the box that arfield does, coupled with roofes injury means we have dick all in the box, its no surprise that when we finally have two attack minded strikers on the park we find space in the box and score 

That was a last seasons setup and performance, need to wrap that shit and get back to this seasons style of play

That was poor but after the tarrierrs fucking up yesterday we are in the same position as we were yesterday, so the point is acceptable to me. 

Being a cautious person it is certainly a reminder that we should not be taking anything for granted at this stage in the league.

Enjoy the  tarrier melt down yes, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and think this is all done and dusted yet. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Did you see the Ross County score yesterday? certainly not a guaranteed 3 points. 

Exactly, another team benefitting from the new manager bounce, won't be easy but after today we'd hop Gerrard rotates a few players.

We're still unbeaten in the league is the best you can say about today but a lot of work still to be done.  Squad needs more strength in depth and competition for places to push players to perform better.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

You’ve been one of the loudest in saying the league is over and how good we’ve been and now suddenly the teams on its arse? Fucking nonsense 

It is over I didn't say it wasn't, can you not read?. What I did say is the players starting are shattered and need to be rotated but because there is no Competition they can't be. 

If you couldn't see the players struggle out there then you need get the eyes looked at. 

Just now, badjon said:

Watching today I would be coaching Goldson on shots from distance. He often got in a position to unleash a shot but instead it gets rolled to Davis or out to Tavernier or Barisic.

Exactly what I was thinking, must have shouted shoot about six times.

Just now, the old guard said:

Probably a good point after that first half performance, Ryan Kent is a shodow of the player he was at the start of the season, no urgency when we went behind and to be honest complacency and slackness crept in again

We are playing a different system to the one we looked to have changed to after drawing away to livi, Kent is pretty poor in a 433, he needs dropped if we continue to play it, or we need to alter our setup to accomodate him and a couple others

Archived