*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

How shite do you like it though lads? 

2 points dropped that looked like a point gained with our play.

Time for ideas to buck up, socks rolled up and hard work put in.

Need fresh heads on the pitch. Kent is done with. Keep him away until he gets his act together. Rather have gambled with Zungu than put up with Aribo another game. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mols94 said:

Shite performance. The same shite performance we've been seeing for the last 5 or 6 weeks now.

Just count ourselves lucky that no damage was done to our lead at the top.

Badly need Jack and Arfield back. Kent and Aribo need dropped to the bench for a while.

Kent was by far the worst player on the pitch but Aribo is a luxury. Not cut out for stuffy away SPL games. 

It wasn't very good today, too many of them playing as if they're just expecting it to happen instead of going and making it happen.

Possibly Borna's worst game for us,Kent and Hagi miles off it.

Improvement in attitude needed to get this over the line, I don't think it is bottle,it is attitude that needs adjusting. lucky there is no pressure on us really and maybe that is the problem

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Actually we dropped half as many points this week as the scum did so slightly improved position and one less game to go. 

Aye, in the week. Just mean in terms of this round of fixtures we've both dropped two points. 

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Far too lackluster and far too many touches around the box. Good thing celtic dropped points yesterday. 

We wasted more time wi our ticky tacky and nobody taking on the shot but glad to come away wi a point.Onward and upward Gers.

From a management side of it, hagi and morelos were the wrong choices to come off. Itten works perfect against park the bus teams and needs played from the start v teams like that. There will be tonnes of moaning, but I don't think we played bad at all up against a brick wall of players. We are still very comfortable. Not a thing to worry about! 55 is coming.

Lacked intensity that full game. 

Everyone knows they are starting.... 

Kent offeres nothing against these teams that sit in. 

I thought his trickery and beating a man would be key. When he is doing none of that Take him off at half time. 

Should not be dropping points to mwell. 

The new year slump is continuing.  

On the balance of games since the turn of the year its becoming more and more apparent that if we lose Davis to injury before Jack and Arfield are ready to come back. We could be in big trouble, as the other two, Aribo and Kamara at the moment are not anyway near the level of performance required at this club. All two often they look for the pointless two yard side or back wards pass. Only once today did Aribo drop back pick up the ball in a deep area and actually carry it 40/50 yards at his feet, that was just after we had scored. Pretty soon after that he was back to the two yard side wards pass. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Having a week between games so they really shouldn’t be. Big blow not having Jack or Arfield - they really drive us forward. 

Neither Kent or Aribo are doing it for me at the moment. 

I think it’s the cumulative effect of doing so well before Xmas, as much as anything, mate.

I agree with you completely about missing Jack & Arfield & Kent & Aribo not doing it👍

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Kent, Aribo, Hagi diabolical. Passing piss poor and attitude stinking 

Don't think Hagi done much wrong today, Kent, aribo shoulda been off before him.

Morelos looks sharp today, should never have been brought off.

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Far too lackluster and far too many touches around the box. Good thing celtic dropped points yesterday. 

Very poor mate but we're still in the same position as Monday 12 clear if they win the games in hand. 

Importantly another tough away game down. 

Ross County next week should be comfortable then a final difficult away game v Hibs. 

Archived