*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unusual for 4 key players to all suffer a dip on the same day - Kent, Aribo, Morelos  and Tav.  That won't happen too often and - on the positive side - we are still undefeated and 21 points ahead. Key thing is to bounce back against County and I am sure we will.:boydie2:

1 minute ago, The Blues said:

We are not as good as we think we are......the stalling at zero pace in front of the packed defence was our big problem last season. Stevie needs to work on this. 

Hagi has been okay recently but not today. Kent and Aribo have been crap for ages. Roofe now out for a while too. There's our creativity gone. Then when our crossing from full backs is abysmal then results like today will happen.

Unless something changes with form or injuries from those above, or quality gets brought in to give credible options that Barker etc dont, then its going to be hard fought games for the foreseeable.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's no done. Not at all for me. It's fine to disagree on that just don't blast people who aren't celebrating just yet.

Hibs away, Aberdeen away, Motherwell away Killie away are all potential banana skins. 

We've got to go to Hibs, Killie, Livi and celtic. They'll all be difficult but they are the toughest away places left for me. 

celtic still need to visit Hibs, Killie, Livi x2 potentially, Aberdeen, Motherwell and us. Not to mention we've played away 3 more times than they have. 

We've got work to do but we are in a great place, we are all disappointed. Team need to react now. 

I know it feels unfair to single him out as it was Tav and Goldson, and to a lesser extent Kamara at fault for their goal, but I just don't feel the back line looks settled with Balogun in the team compared to when Helander plays. 

Also feel that Goldson rarely makes a mistake with Helander next to him as well.

Trying to take the positives out of the result:

1) we haven’t had our lead reduced after the weekend

2) we are still in control, it’s celtic that are running out of games not us. 

3) We most likely have now visited Fir Park, Pittodrie, Rugby Park, Tannadice, McDiarmid Park, St Mirren Park for the last time this season, and by the time the end of the month comes we can add Easter Rd to that list. Also, celtic still have to go to all those places above, including having to play at the Tony Macaroni twice (possibly with a depleted team on Wednesday night due to lack of training) compared to us having to go there once. 

Just now, GaryMc said:

In games like today I do think we miss Jack, Arfield and Roofe as they have an intensity about them that Aribo, Kamara and Hagi just don't have.

We really need to pump Ross County and put on a performance next game!

No doubt we're missing Jack Arfield and Roofe. 

Hopefully roofe and Jack will be back in soon. Arfield is the concern as it will take more time for him to come back. Aribo has been so poor and only option is Zungu right now. 

Wonder if it is worth going into the market for another midfield option. 

Bizarre last 10 minutes.

We had spent the whole game putting balls into the box - to no avail I would add - until we actually score from one. Then decide to not put a decent cross in for the rest of the game?

Hopefully a kick up the arse for some players to realise it isn't won yet.

Do us world of good that, most bears myself included got carried away yesterday thinking it’s won. Can’t expect the squad not to be effected by it either.

I do think it is but this is a wee reminder that we need to keep doing what we were doing. String the wins together and it will be here sooner rather than later.

20 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Another reason to say that the league isn’t won yet. Nice wee welcome present for Graham Alexander. Fucksakes Rangers!  

Has a team in the UK ever blown such a lead before? 

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

We’re 21 points clear. Until celtic win all 3 games in hand which I absolutely don’t see happening then pretending we’re only 12 clear is a nonsense. They are diabolical.

We’ve drawn a game. Calm down.

I give them the 3 games my point still remains we are in the same position now as we were on Monday with another game gone 

At the end of the day we drew away to Motherwell who have a new manager in and are fighting for their lives 

The scum drew at home to Livi 

Overall I’d still say we had the better result despite the disappointment of not capitalising on their slip 

Very poor performance. Pace of our game is way too slow at present and the midfield of Davis, Kamara and Aribo is not fast enough or strong enough. Lots of players off form but Kent and Hagi should have been replaced at half-time. Giving players 5 to 10 minutes seldom works.

Very disappointing. Had more than enough chances through the game to win. Can't understand why we started so sluggish? That's a few times now we've took 20-30 minutes to get into the game, we have to expect teams to start fast when we're away from home.

On to the next one. At least Ross County aren't going through the 'new manager bounce' 😑

Archived