*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

21 points clear am ragin

Dropped points is dropped points tough fixture with Motherwell players trying to play there way into a new team. Defoe puts that shot into the other corner and we are home and hosed. If it was say 6 points in it then I probably would be worried but hard to be critical of a Rangers team who have had a near perfect start. Who fucking cares what the tarriers do on Wednesday we take care of ourselves and the league is won, no matter what happens on Wednesday in fucking Livingston if they get beat we laugh at them. They have already imploded there not scrapping anything back 2 points from there last 3 games. :lol:

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Fucking wish I was back cheering on John Daly and diving to save a wayward shot behind goal QOTS away than be in the position we find ourselves just now, oh my christ what have we become. 

I long for cold Saturday's in Forres. 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Theyre 2nd bottom. You want me.to lie :lol:

And these games should be bankers, I’m not trying to play down what we’ve achieved  just pointing out that we need to up our game, finish like champions hopefully not stutter over the line, we have lost form

10 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Good to be staunch but anyone who doesn’t think our form has dipped since the turn of the year needs to take the blue glasses off. Hopefully it’s not the same as last season, we’re still on track for 55 but we need to improve, it all depends on how we handle the OF game(s) we were lucky to get a result the last time.

This place is wild sometimes but you’re ripping the actual cunt out of it! 

Not lost a game all season but we’re going to lose 4 in the next 12?! In fact, make that about 6 or 7 because there’s not a fucking chance the fenians are going the remainder of the season unbeaten! 

You should get a job with fucking Warner Bros with this sensationalistic shite! 

So we are still the same 12 points clear in real terms as we were on Friday night. We can afford the odd draw. They cant. That's the bottom line.

They may well draw with Livingston again midweek. We might draw at hibs and livingston as well. Just win the rest and its all good. 

I think we will beat both hibs and livi and all will be tickety boo in the world. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Load of shite, the Tarriers were lucky to get a point yesterday. Livi at home on that plastic pitch will not lose the game. 

This, the tarriers were completely under the cosh for the 90. We had a bad game today and still looked the far better team.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

And these games should be bankers, I’m not trying to play down what we’ve achieved  just pointing out that we need to up our game, finish like champions hopefully not stutter over the line, we have lost form

You're an old cunt you sholud know better than this:lol:

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

This place is wild sometimes but you’re ripping the actual cunt out of it! 

Not lost a game all season but we’re going to lose 4 in the next 12?! In fact, make that about 6 or 7 because there’s not a fucking chance the fenians are going the remainder of the season unbeaten! 

You should get a job with fucking Warner Bros with this sensationalistic shite! 

I hope your right (probably are right) but stranger this have happened, we collapsed last season 3 points today and I’d have been celebrating 55

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

So we are still the same 12 points clear in real terms as we were on Friday night. We can afford the odd draw. They cant. That's the bottom line.

They may well draw with Livingston again midweek. We might draw at hibs and livingston as well. Just win the rest and its all good. 

I think we will beat both hibs and livi and all will be tickety boo in the world. 

I think we will ramp it up after today we have been excellent up until now. Just an off day, onto the next one. 

A draw is absolutely fine given the context.

We were always gonna drop points to lesser teams away from home over the course of the season. This has always been the case with Rangers teams good or bad, always been the case with any league winning team in any league. The important thing is it's not a loss and we are the same points ahead as we were at the start of the weekend. Yes, the performance was poor at times but there is no need for concern so long as a) the dropped points are not losses b) the dropped points don't come at home c) celtic are also not consistently winning when we are not.

It is likely that we will have the occassional dropped points for the rest of the season and it's okay. That is football. Back to winning ways next week and there is no issue. Thankfully it's Ross County at home next week. Perfect.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I hope your right (probably are right) but stranger this have happened, we collapsed last season 3 points today and I’d have been celebrating 55

The difference between 3 and 1 point against Motherwell is not the difference between celebrating 55. So you'd have celebrated today then had a meltdown if we drew against Hibs? 

No desire whatsoever, lethargic football in the second half, just passing the ball around.
That wasn't it today, it happens but it shouldn't happen on a regular basis. Thank God Itten did his thing and rescued that game, we could've leave Fir Park without any point. 

Apart from Barisic and Tavernier, nobody really showed up this afternoon, the back 4 in general was ok. Kent and Hagi were pretty poor, too shy, Morelos almost a ghost just wanted to fight with Motherwell players, few good balls in pivot but that wasn't it. Midfield didn't dominate the game, Davis for his 300th very neutral, some good balls but not great, didn't like Aribo/Kamara's game either.

McGregor, nothing to say, love him.

So don't sleep on the 21 points Gers. We go again Ross County next on saturday, back home after two games away from Ibrox, we need to burry them. 

Keep your heads up Rangers. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Take a deep breath and think about that.. had we won today you’re celebrating 55, we never and you’re close to a meltdown?!

Win the next 2 and it’s all but game over eh? Let’s not forget they have a tough tough game during the week! 

10 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Dropped points is dropped points tough fixture with Motherwell players trying to play there way into a new team. Defoe puts that shot into the other corner and we are home and hosed. If it was say 6 points in it then I probably would be worried but hard to be critical of a Rangers team who have had a near perfect start. Who fucking cares what the tarriers do on Wednesday we take care of ourselves and the league is won, no matter what happens on Wednesday in fucking Livingston if they get beat we laugh at them. They have already imploded there not scrapping anything back 2 points from there last 3 games. :lol:

This mate!! I’m not exactly happy we drew with Motherwell but I also expected us to drop points at some stage in the league. First since sept if I’m right. This leaves us no different from 3 days ago but with 1 less game to play. Am not ecstatic am not devastated. 55 here we come

9 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Absolutely needs dropped, does Itten deserve to never start a game and get 15 minute cameos despite Morelos having a mostly not in form season, does Defoe deserve to not play from the bench for weeks despite looking dangerous as fuck most times he's came on, Kent has been fucking atrocious for a while, seems to be the continuous star of the show with some of our support no matter how he performs, I like him and think there's an excellent player there but he's been mostly shite, needs a spell on the bench. 

I'm not getting into a Morelos debate, it's been covered a thousand different ways. Personally I think an Itten & Defoe would get us goals

If we're going to the two up top (which we should at Ibrox) I don't think Aribo would give any more than Kent along with Hagi going on current form. I still think Kent can take a couple of players out the game just off his presence than Aribo could. I also don't think at home to Ross County is the game to move away from playing the three of them. I'd rather we took out Davis or Kamara to bring in Itten or Defoe.

I still think there a few more things we can do with Kent like getting him on the right with Tav a bit more which we refuse to do for whatever reason. Again not a blind defence of him because his final product (finishing in particular) and decision making has been bad.

Archived