*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to that prick Walker and Mcfadden you'd think Motherwell were Barcelona in the 1st half. The fact of the matter is we started with no intensity (happening too often recently). They had one, maybe two chances and scored. 

Second half they were penned in and done fuck all. Based on the 2nd half we should have won that game. 

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

I'm not getting into a Morelos debate, it's been covered a thousand different ways. Personally I think an Itten & Defoe would get us goals

If we're going to the two up top (which we should at Ibrox) I don't think Aribo would give any more than Kent along with Hagi going on current form. I still think Kent can take a couple of players out the game just off his presence than Aribo could. I also don't think at home to Ross County is the game to move away from playing the three of them. I'd rather we took out Davis or Kamara to bring in Itten or Defoe.

I still think there a few more things we can do with Kent like getting him on the right with Tav a bit more which we refuse to do for whatever reason. Again not a blind defence of him because his final product (finishing in particular) and decision making has been bad.

Why would we completely change how we play at Ibrox, when Roofe is there you've got Morelos, Roofe and Kent all switching positions and they can't be marked. Two up front is much easier just to stick a man on them.

4 minutes ago, IRed said:

No desire whatsoever, lethargic football in the second half, just passing the ball around.
That wasn't it today, it happens but it shouldn't happen on a regular basis. Thank God Itten did his thing and rescued that game, we could've leave Fir Park without any point. 

Apart from Barisic and Tavernier, nobody really showed up this afternoon, the back 4 in general was ok. Kent and Hagi were pretty poor, too shy, Morelos almost a ghost just wanted to fight with Motherwell players, few good balls in pivot but that wasn't it. Midfield didn't dominate the game, Davis for his 300th very neutral, some good balls but not great, didn't like Aribo/Kamara's game either.

McGregor, nothing to say, love him.

So don't sleep on the 21 points Gers. We go again Ross County next on saturday, back home after two games away from Ibrox, we need to burry them. 

Keep your heads up Rangers. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇬🇧

Not taking criticism from a country that just allows a wee fud fae Austria to just waltz in giving it the big yin and trampling yer hoose to the ground 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I would have took Kent off moved Hagi to the left and brought Itten on. Was convinced that’s what would happen. Think Gerrard got that wrong today.

Poor first half, raised it a bit in the second. Wee kick in the baws before Easter road.

Suspect was influenced by hagi booking.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Why would we completely change how we play at Ibrox, when Roofe is there you've got Morelos, Roofe and Kent all switching positions and they can't be marked. Two up front is much easier just to stick a man on them.

Excuse me but was this about the Itten and Defoe suggestion? I'm not saying do that if you are:lol: I just think it would get goals.

Once Roofe is back he is up top with Morelos 100%

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

Not taking criticism from a country that just allows a wee fud fae Austria to just waltz in giving it the big yin and trampling yer hoose to the ground 

Off topic.

+ I post whatever I want, I'm equal you're not superior to me.

7 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

This mate!! I’m not exactly happy we drew with Motherwell but I also expected us to drop points at some stage in the league. First since sept if I’m right. This leaves us no different from 3 days ago but with 1 less game to play. Am not ecstatic am not devastated. 55 here we come

We take care of ourselves and play like we have then we will all deserve our Title it's been a long road. 

7 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

We take care of ourselves and play like we have then we will all deserve our Title it's been a long road. 

100%! I believe we are a different animal this season. We will have our slip ups, that’s just law of average’s in football, but it’s how we bounce back, and every time we’ve had a set back (we’ve set the standard that high this season our setbacks are minuscule) we’ve came through it. 

edit-spelling 😂

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Let’s not forget Jack & Arfield out.. Roofe who was also in excellent form also out! We’re doing alright! 

Spot on mate won all our home games and drawn 3 away all season. Absolutely brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Would like to see Morelos, Roofe and Itten all start but not sure how we would go about that formation wise.

It would be interesting mate. Roofe just doing what he does between the 18 yard box, Itten dropping wide and Morelos dropping deep it would keep the opposition defence moving. 

The problem is just now how I'd see it working is we'd need Jack and, more importantly, Arfield back. Jack protecting the defence, Hagi being the creative spark and Arfield exploting the spaces left by Itten and Morelos.

18 minutes ago, IRed said:

No desire whatsoever, lethargic football in the second half, just passing the ball around.
That wasn't it today, it happens but it shouldn't happen on a regular basis. Thank God Itten did his thing and rescued that game, we could've leave Fir Park without any point. 

Apart from Barisic and Tavernier, nobody really showed up this afternoon, the back 4 in general was ok. Kent and Hagi were pretty poor, too shy, Morelos almost a ghost just wanted to fight with Motherwell players, few good balls in pivot but that wasn't it. Midfield didn't dominate the game, Davis for his 300th very neutral, some good balls but not great, didn't like Aribo/Kamara's game either.

McGregor, nothing to say, love him.

So don't sleep on the 21 points Gers. We go again Ross County next on saturday, back home after two games away from Ibrox, we need to burry them. 

Keep your heads up Rangers. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇬🇧

Who are you really?

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Apart from not scoring wee Alfie had a decent game fs linked up well sprayed some nice passes nearly scored the one chance he got. Sometimes I think people don’t have a fucking clue about what they watch 

He was left completely isolated in the first half as well. The amount of times we got the ball into him in the box surrounded by 2 or 3 Motherwell players and Kent, Aribo and Hagi nowhere to be seen.

His play and positioning deserved more rewards from the team!

Archived