*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

6 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Would like to see Morelos, Roofe and Itten all start but not sure how we would go about that formation wise.

It would be interesting mate. Roofe just doing what he does between the 18 yard box, Itten dropping wide and Morelos dropping deep it would keep the opposition defence moving. 

The problem is just now how I'd see it working is we'd need Jack and, more importantly, Arfield back. Jack protecting the defence, Hagi being the creative spark and Arfield exploting the spaces left by Itten and Morelos.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some embarrassing shite gets posted on here when we are behind in games 

Neil Alexander is a massive Rangers fan according to Kevin Kyle. Tattoos the lot  let that one sink in to the onlooking lurking fenians                 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, IRed said:

No desire whatsoever, lethargic football in the second half, just passing the ball around.
That wasn't it today, it happens but it shouldn't happen on a regular basis. Thank God Itten did his thing and rescued that game, we could've leave Fir Park without any point. 

Apart from Barisic and Tavernier, nobody really showed up this afternoon, the back 4 in general was ok. Kent and Hagi were pretty poor, too shy, Morelos almost a ghost just wanted to fight with Motherwell players, few good balls in pivot but that wasn't it. Midfield didn't dominate the game, Davis for his 300th very neutral, some good balls but not great, didn't like Aribo/Kamara's game either.

McGregor, nothing to say, love him.

So don't sleep on the 21 points Gers. We go again Ross County next on saturday, back home after two games away from Ibrox, we need to burry them. 

Keep your heads up Rangers. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇬🇧

Who are you really?

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Apart from not scoring wee Alfie had a decent game fs linked up well sprayed some nice passes nearly scored the one chance he got. Sometimes I think people don’t have a fucking clue about what they watch 

He was left completely isolated in the first half as well. The amount of times we got the ball into him in the box surrounded by 2 or 3 Motherwell players and Kent, Aribo and Hagi nowhere to be seen.

His play and positioning deserved more rewards from the team!

Tiger Shaw likes this
2 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

It would be interesting mate. Roofe just doing what he does between the 18 yard box, Itten dropping wide and Morelos dropping deep it would keep the opposition defence moving. 

The problem is just now how I'd see it working is we'd need Jack and, more importantly, Arfield back. Jack protecting the defence, Hagi being the creative spark and Arfield exploting the spaces left by Itten and Morelos.

We are definitely missing Jack or Arfield for a bit of dig in Midfield Kamara has been excellent Aribo always seems better attacking than defending and Davis who has been consistent all season just needs a rest but what an engine at 36.

Itten deserves a start which he might get against Ross County. 

31 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Would like to see Morelos, Roofe and Itten all start but not sure how we would go about that formation wise.

Been saying this since the start of season,  some wingers can convert to strikers some dont , unfortunately I think Kent is just that a talented winger.

Unfortunately  if our gaffer wants to model our team on the liverpool model we need three strikers .

dougie76 likes this
1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Wheres the evidence that celtic will beat anyone comfortably???

Thing people forget is despite celtic having. 13 players in isolation, the game against livi still had a fair amount of first team starters in it, at least 8. So its not like its a reserve squad, missing like 2 players tops. So going forward still can be just as tough for then 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Celtic's league form isn't actually that bad though. They have the same points total after 21 games as they did in 2018/19. 

They have also only actually lost 2 league games. Difference is we have been relentless this season. We are  definitely not  getting enough credit for earning 66 points from a possible 72.

The reason we are so far ahead is down to our form

McEwan's Lager likes this
50 minutes ago, IRed said:

No desire whatsoever, lethargic football in the second half, just passing the ball around.
That wasn't it today, it happens but it shouldn't happen on a regular basis. Thank God Itten did his thing and rescued that game, we could've leave Fir Park without any point. 

Apart from Barisic and Tavernier, nobody really showed up this afternoon, the back 4 in general was ok. Kent and Hagi were pretty poor, too shy, Morelos almost a ghost just wanted to fight with Motherwell players, few good balls in pivot but that wasn't it. Midfield didn't dominate the game, Davis for his 300th very neutral, some good balls but not great, didn't like Aribo/Kamara's game either.

McGregor, nothing to say, love him.

So don't sleep on the 21 points Gers. We go again Ross County next on saturday, back home after two games away from Ibrox, we need to burry them. 

Keep your heads up Rangers. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇬🇧

There's a post on another thread about Kents performance being the worst ever by a Rangers player and yet this line is the most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

Did he fuck.

Tiger Shaw likes this

It was a poor result today against a team bottom of the league pre match, no doubt.  Performance wise, without being anywhere near our best we could still have won that. One off the line, Defoe unlucky at the end and nothing from all our crosses into the box, except the goal, a few bounces in the box could easily have fallen to us but just not our day.  Motherwell offered very little again but hard work.

21 points clear and at worst 12 points clear as it stands.  I'll take that any day of the week, but 3 points next week needs secured then on to the junkies.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I believe they were 3rd in the league last season, a decent team, where are they now?

I think we’re all on the same boat, mate. But we’re just on different levels. 

Even the lads writing this off as a blip are annoyed. But there needs to be a bit of perspective. As long as this run of “poor” performances ends shortly.

You ask the question about league position, and it’s a fair point, but I suppose it really doesn’t matter the opposing team’s position. If you look at it along your lines, we’re better than everyone else in the league so we should be equally as pissed off if we drop points to bottom or the team in second place.

We were always going to drop points, it’s an unrealistic pressure to expect otherwise, and the fact that it was Motherwell doesn’t annoy/bother me any more than it would if it was the sheep worriers.

But it can’t be denied that we’re going through a poor run. I just hope that today’s game was the kick up the arse needed to get them out of it.

1 minute ago, BigDak said:

I think we’re all on the same boat, mate. But we’re just on different levels. 

Even the lads writing this off as a blip are annoyed. But there needs to be a bit of perspective. As long as this run of “poor” performances ends shortly.

You ask the question about league position, and it’s a fair point, but I suppose it really doesn’t matter the opposing team’s position. If you look at it along your lines, we’re better than everyone else in the league so we should be equally as pissed off if we drop points to bottom or the team in second place.

We were always going to drop points, it’s an unrealistic pressure to expect otherwise, and the fact that it was Motherwell doesn’t annoy/bother me any more than it would if it was the sheep worriers.

But it can’t be denied that we’re going through a poor run. I just hope that today’s game was the kick up the arse needed to get them out of it.

Was a great point today.hard fought, a team with new belief with a new manager.shite pitch had me fearing the worst.before January we were all saying a point against the tinks, beat hibs, scrape something against the sheep.we dropped our first points today, we beat the rest.i celebrated Cedric 's leveller like I did when we beat celtic 2 weeks ago..keep it steaming Rangers.avoid stupid defeats and 55 is on us.the pressure is starting to tell on the players and the gaffer.im glad we are so many points in front.we have played the best football I've ever seen in my 48 years supporting Rangers.they boys deserve no criticism with the pressure they are under to deliver 55, not to stop the midgie rakers achieving 10. You will be immortals if you deliver.we need to be behind you, in defeat draw and glorious last minute victory.let us win it all of us emotionally shattered from the tea lady, to the folk in the Rangers shops, and the folk who have had to had their windies  shut for the last 9 year., while they basterds crowed about 10. To all of us waiting for the bus away to stenhousemuir had to deal with them playing barca..for all of us

No Surrender 

Rab

Tiger Shaw and GWR1979 like this
2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's a post on another thread about Kents performance being the worst ever by a Rangers player and yet this line is the most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

Did he fuck.

I understand my english doesn't help me there. :unsure:

To say things a bit differently, I think Alfie did great in the link up play as a pivot, playing a lot with is back. But he drifted too much on the wings, maybe it's a consequence of the bad game in general. After that, when I speak about ghost, it's an image to say I found him too absent, leaving his n°9 position, it didn't help him to score.

I know I can't be right every post I write and everybody can't agree with my views, but that was what I tried to say, but not with the best way I could. Sorry.

1 minute ago, IRed said:

I understand my english doesn't help me there. :unsure:

To say things a bit differently, I think Alfie did great in the link up play as a pivot, playing a lot with is back. But he drifted too much on the wings, maybe it's a consequence of the bad game in general. After that, when I speak about ghost, it's an image to say I found him too absent, leaving his n°9 position, it didn't help him to score.

I know I can't be right every post I write and everybody can't agree with my views, but that was what I tried to say, but not with the best way I could. Sorry.

You said Morrlos just wanted to fight with Motherwell players. That's a lot of utter shite.

jjbscotty12 likes this