*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IRed said:

Yes I did because he was involved, 2-3 times with Motherwell players, pushing them and everything. It annoyed me because we were not winning and I wanted him to focus on football, that's why. Maybe you understand better now ?

Maybe because your french it's confusing some on here.......

Some players look leggy and predictable, need to start using the squad, and see more of Itten, Zungu for starters. Also would love to see how Helander and Balogun would fare as a back two. The cup game would be a good opportunity to rest a few to the bench at least and give some a game. 

Just now, ayrshireranger said:

Some players look leggy and predictable, need to start using the squad, and see more of Itten, Zungu for starters. Also would love to see how Helander and Balogun would fare as a back two. The cup game would be a good opportunity to rest a few to the bench at least and give some a game. 

The cup games is postponed.

The lack of shots bothers me more than it should :lol: 

Today, Davis got into so many good situations where a shot was on and he passed it sideways or turned and tried to set up someone else. 

Why are we not shooting more? Goldson as well, 3 or 4 times in the second half he had taken it for a wee run and was 25 yards out....no pass on....just leather it! 

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

I wonder if the St Mirren cup game put Gerrard off rotation a bit

Cant believe I’m saying this but I’d put Barker in instead of Kent next game to give him a reset as he looks out of ideas or not himself.

Potentially Itten for Aribo and play Hagi in Aribo’s position since Hagi shouldn’t be the one dropped and actually takes a shot from outside the box. 

Pretty sure if there was a game to try something fresh it would be Ross County at home but we need everyone stepping up at Easter Road 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mixture of that and no trust in guys like Stewart or Barker.

Also says a lot about his thoughts for Zungu that he never got on today.

Zungu does seem more and more like a panic last minute signing to add numbers when we couldn't get any other midfielder in 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If your chasing the game then zungu ain’t much use too defensive minded.

I only watched the first half but it reminded me so much of January on last season; a team who stopped  high pressing, stood off the opposition, gave up on fast passing, became so slow in build up and had one predictable tactic getting the ball wide to cross into the packed defence for them to clear. Again like last couple of seasons dropping points to the bottom team. The warnings have been coming like the way the team went into walking football mode against the sheep and Killie before that. Complacency or laziness or tiredness? Cannot blame Dubai this time. It appears we payed better second half reading the stats so I guess the players started to look interested unlike the opening 45.

6 hours ago, docspiderman said:

I only watched the first half but it reminded me so much of January on last season; a team who stopped  high pressing, stood off the opposition, gave up on fast passing, became so slow in build up and had one predictable tactic getting the ball wide to cross into the packed defence for them to clear. Again like last couple of seasons dropping points to the bottom team. The warnings have been coming like the way the team went into walking football mode against the sheep and Killie before that. Complacency or laziness or tiredness? Cannot blame Dubai this time. It appears we payed better second half reading the stats so I guess the players started to look interested unlike the opening 45.

It has felt like that in the last two Motherwell games to be honest. First one nearly caused a nuclear meltdown. Yesterday was calmer, but only because the filth are in disarray. 

December - January was always going to be very tough to take maximum points. Just disappointing we’ve dropped them at the easiest venue.

Could really use some extra drive in the middle of the park. Really need Jack and Arfield back. And genuine competition for Kent. 

12 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Think Zungu is more likely to come on when games are tied up (as he has done) than games we’re looking to score a goal or two. 

10 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Zungu does seem more and more like a panic last minute signing to add numbers when we couldn't get any other midfielder in 

He’s there to get Davis off the park and rested as soon as the job is done or in worst case scenario Davis gets injured/suspended. 

Archived