Rangers must step up after SPFL club chief demands 'urgent' change

The Dude

29 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I would give up the Scottish cup to allow the league to play to a finish

We shouldn’t have to, there’s no reason for the bottom two divisions to be shut down,majority of the clubs don’t want it. For the likes of Cove Rangers to play us will still be a decent income for them regardless of crowds not allowed in etc. It was stopped to allow the possibility of a league suspension dependent on how badly riddled their team is. Also the Scottish cup this year has a Europa cup place for the winne, it gives a better place than third spot in the league who enter the conference Europa cup. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

We shouldn’t have to, there’s no reason for the bottom two divisions to be shut down,majority of the clubs don’t want it. For the likes of Cove Rangers to play us will still be a decent income for them regardless of crowds not allowed in etc. It was stopped to allow the possibility of a league suspension dependent on how badly riddled their team is. Also the Scottish cup this year has a Europa cup place for the winne, it gives a better place than third spot in the league who enter the conference Europa cup. 

Forgot about the euro spot, good shout

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've said this before on here and I don't make any apologies for it if it offends anyone but 2012 rotted a section of our supports brains as much as 9 in a row rotted theirs in the 90s.

The same people were in a frenzy a few days ago over some rumour that Celtic had loads  more positive cases, also Hibs after playing them.  

That apparently was going to get the league stopped. 

So from a rumour, that wasn't even true, the jump was made straight to league stopped, null and void, people loosing their shit. 

44 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Again!

It's like every other day now, with the same people, sigh!

Its the big topic in the press, with the obvious narrative to concern us and give the scum readers hope. Its hardly surprising some folk are worried by it given sfa / spfl precedents.

And no I'm not worried by it right now.😁

46 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've said this before on here and I don't make any apologies for it if it offends anyone but 2012 rotted a section of our supports brains as much as 9 in a row rotted theirs in the 90s.

Yeah maybe, I admit I'm much more paranoid than I used to be. Sleeping into situations and allowing narratives to be written has been a big downfall of our though we can't let that happen.

Ppg was some nonsense thought up at a whim, the Lurgan bigot said it at a press conference then the papers ran with it. No other top league went that way as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yeah maybe, I admit I'm much more paranoid than I used to be. Sleeping into situations and allowing narratives to be written has been a big downfall of our though we can't let that happen.

Ppg was some nonsense thought up at a whim, the Lurgan bigot said it at a press conference then the papers ran with it. No other top league went that way as far as I know.

Even as things stand now, decisions may need to be made by clubs, its not solely about us finishing our league.

In a pyramid system, half of the leagues shut down and the league asking a 3rd without basis if they want to stop is significant. Especially when there's no set date for them resuming, and no injection of money for testing which might be a solution in doing so.  It brings the relegation/ promotion issue to the fore again. How is that managed if time passes and games dont get played.

As a standalone conclusion  the premiership winner / loser will be the most probable outcome to be decided, but as part of the pyramid its problematic when this isn't likely in the other leagues.

Maybe we'll just bring reconstruction into the mix again 🤣

15 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

France and Northern Ireland also used PPG to decide their top division titles. League 1 and 2 also used it in England.

20 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

If null and void happened (not that I think it will-but I wouldnt be that shocked to be honest) we would surely have to leave Scottish football (join the lowest level of English football)

We should be pushing that message behind the scenes if any talk of it starts up.. 

Hate this talk fs give up top flight football and Europa and champions league to go play at venues like Meadow lane or Huirsh park in the National league, if they even let us in at that level fs we could be forced into one of the regional leagues to win promotion to the National league. 

Honestly fuck that, be lucky to ever play European football or win a major trophy again if we went down the route. Talking easy 10 years minimum to reach the premiership. It’s not happening. Only way I ever see that happening is if a British league comes about with us going straight in at the top level. That won’t happen ether so it’s s worn out mute suggestion. 

38 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Hate this talk fs give up top flight football and Europa and champions league to go play at venues like Meadow lane or Huirsh park in the National league, if they even let us in at that level fs we could be forced into one of the regional leagues to win promotion to the National league. 

Honestly fuck that, be lucky to ever play European football or win a major trophy again if we went down the route. Talking easy 10 years minimum to reach the premiership. It’s not happening. Only way I ever see that happening is if a British league comes about with us going straight in at the top level. That won’t happen ether so it’s s worn out mute suggestion. 

So if they null and void the league, we just take it and carry on as normal...

And BTW 10-15 years to get to the premiership would be worth it. If we had done in 2012 we would nearly be there for now. 100m just for playing in the league compared to 2m a year for winning the spl... 

16 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

And BTW 10-15 years to get to the premiership would be worth it. If we had done in 2012 we would nearly be there for now. 100m just for playing in the league compared to 2m a year for winning the spl... 

10-15 years off the back off the last 10 we’ve just had, so that will be 25 years of utter shite and we might just maybe have reached the premiership. Fs we could reach the championship and end up stuck in it for years, it’s not an easy league to get out off. Who’s to say the riches off the premiership are still the same in 15 years? Things change. The current team would need to be dismantled we would need to cut wages and downsize the full infrastructure of the club. Jobs would be lost. You think SG would want to be a National league manager?

What level of player do you think we would attract in the NL?  

Nah no thanks mate 

23 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Fuck that 

Mind when we thought our wee journey from the bottom tear in Scotland would be a jolly?

Look how that turned out would be a lot harder and longer journey in the English leagues. It’s pie in the sky stuff imo. 

Would bite yer full arm off for us to be parachuted straight into the premiership right enough 😆

18 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Going to the national league in England would effectively kill the club , I have doubts we would ever make it to the prem from there 

Would you just carry on as normal if they void the league this year??  For me it would be the final straw with Spl etc. 

More like an emotional plea from the fat jap, another placeman dancing to the tune set by the jap.

As for going to England there is no chance of that happening, if they try and null and void it , Rangers need to go Nuclear on the lot of them, call them out on everything, from their insidious control of the game , the Dubai debacle and last but not least for bringing not just football but this country into disrepute as a result of the systemic abuse of children at their rancid football club,their continual denial and attempt to pervert the court of justice by harbouring those who knew with their silence in the hope they die before they are dragged in front of a court for aiding and abetting the perpetrators of these crimes. 

This includes the SFA as they are as guilty as celtic because they knew what was happening and did fuck all.

Drain the swamp.

Kick them Out. 

Archived