Rangers must step up after SPFL club chief demands 'urgent' change

The Dude

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

As the biggest club in the country we should be at the forefront of change.

We were at the forefront before and they turned it into a Rangers vs Tarriers debate. Look how that turned out? We have to box clever this time, if there is a time. I understand what you are saying and would usually fully agree if we hadn't already done so previously. Let us be the weight behind other clubs fight for change.

As the biggest club in the country we should be at the forefront of change.

the problem is when we demand change we are seen as the big bad club  last summer i am sure lots of clubs mistook our plan for change as a moan because celtic were awarded the league  the other clubs need to start to look at the bigger picture

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I think if clubs want to take on the SPFL/SFA to demand change do it as an alliance rather than one club calling them out at a time and have a group name e.g The Scottish Football Members Alliance

Or to take something from Star Wars, the Scottish Football Empire against the rebel scum :lol:

Only kidding.

maybe i am a cynical old bugger but i do not see anything changing  firstly we have to get rid of doncaster he has been a disaster as he was a failure in previous jobs ask norwich city fans what they thought of him  and we have to stop the clubs making the decisions as in a case like that there is too much self interest

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We were at the forefront before and they turned it into a Rangers vs Tarriers debate. Look how that turned out? We have to box clever this time, if there is a time. I understand what you are saying and would usually fully agree if we hadn't already done so previously. Let us be the weight behind other clubs fight for change.

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

the problem is when we demand change we are seen as the big bad club  last summer i am sure lots of clubs mistook our plan for change as a moan because celtic were awarded the league  the other clubs need to start to look at the bigger picture

We’re about to take the league title from them nows the perfect time if we can get others on board to take away their place men and their power from Hampden.

I want us leading the way and I want the Fenian cunts to know it was us who removed them from power on and off the pitch.

Strike from a position of power on the field and it can’t be mistaken for sour grapes.

8 minutes ago, billscott said:

maybe i am a cynical old bugger but i do not see anything changing  firstly we have to get rid of doncaster he has been a disaster as he was a failure in previous jobs ask norwich city fans what they thought of him  and we have to stop the clubs making the decisions as in a case like that there is too much self interest

It will only change when clubs start to unite and fight for change. 1st step is creating an alliance so that it's separates their club hats from their members hat. Play them at their own hat changing game.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

We’re about to take the league title from them nows the perfect time if we can get others on board to take away their place men and their power from Hampden.

I want us leading the way and I want the Fenian cunts to know it was us who removed them from power on and off the pitch.

Strike from a position of power on the field and it can’t be mistaken for sour grapes.

i agree with the fact we are in a stronger position than last year however we would need to get a guarentee of support from other clubs before going public there is still a lot of clubs who dont like the big bad rangers 

This might be unpopular. But the SPFL postponing the lower leagues might be the best chance we have yet of forcing change. There would have been plenty of clubs in League 1 or 2 that would’ve been happy enough with the status quo or happy they had benefited from promotion or avoiding relegation to vote against the SPFL board last time out. Now you’ve got 20 out of 42 clubs unanimously pissed off at the fuckers.

This isn’t the time for a “no one likes us we don’t care, fuck ‘em” attitude. We need to be in their ears trying to get them onside. We can’t force change ourselves and could gain enough good will from other clubs which could help us in the future.

Someone might be able to remind me what the voting thresholds were for a vote of no confidence but us and League 1 and 2 are half the SPFL. Add in Hearts, Inverness, probably Aberdeen as well who knows where the momentum could go from there?

Worth giving it another go surely, or we just letting the fenians carry on controlling Scottish football?  

We won’t give it another go. Rangers threw everything at it last summer and no cunt took it serious.

No chance we are the club to start anything this time 

I have no issue specifically with Falkirk who seem to be well run and have a board with some integrity. However the lower leagues need to reap what they sow to some extent. Rangers tried hard to push this agenda and we put our neck on the block yet were widely ridiculed by other clubs and the press, and not supported. The only reason more clubs are pushing now is 1) they need money urgently and 2) the perceived influence of celtic is diminishing due to their current pariah status so journalists and chairmen feel they can speak out against them more freely than before. But if they had integrity it should have happened a long time ago. 

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Falkirk chairman Gary Deans has demanded “urgent” change at the top of Scottish football after the decision to suspend everything beneath the Scottish Championship – and Rangers need to step up and play a leading role in any change

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-must-step-up-after-spfl-club-chief-demands-urgent-change/

Fifth sentence in your column should read UNHAPPY not happy. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

They had the chance to look at the bigger picture mate. Could’ve supported us more. I get your thought on us having a moan but it wasn’t the case. 

I’ve been keeping an eye on ex-St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour’s twitter page. He claims to have been silenced by SPFL/SFA gistapo, possibly more out there that’s not happy with the status quo but are silenced, our club could help remove that silence. 

8 minutes ago, Shetland Bear said:

This might be unpopular. But the SPFL postponing the lower leagues might be the best chance we have yet of forcing change. There would have been plenty of clubs in League 1 or 2 that would’ve been happy enough with the status quo or happy they had benefited from promotion or avoiding relegation to vote against the SPFL board last time out. Now you’ve got 20 out of 42 clubs unanimously pissed off at the fuckers.

This isn’t the time for a “no one likes us we don’t care, fuck ‘em” attitude. We need to be in their ears trying to get them onside. We can’t force change ourselves and could gain enough good will from other clubs which could help us in the future.

Someone might be able to remind me what the voting thresholds were for a vote of no confidence but us and League 1 and 2 are half the SPFL. Add in Hearts, Inverness, probably Aberdeen as well who knows where the momentum could go from there?

A total of 13 clubs did vote in favour with the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen, Partick Thistle and Stranraer all previously confirming they would back the call for an independent investigation. 

In the Championship though only Inverness backed the resolution, with the other nine clubs all voting against.

Partick Thistle voted as a League One club with their relegation having been confirmed when the lower league seasons were declared over.

In total 27 backed the SPFL - with two abstentions - and dismissed the demand for a probe into the dealings on Hampden’s sixth floor. The bottom two divisions vote as one bloc and two clubs abstained.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-egm-resolution-fails-spfl-22013507

11 minutes ago, Shetland Bear said:

i would say 19 not 20 as brechin chairman is not going to vote against the spfl when he is on the board and his club were the only club not to get relagated last season  then you have that cunt mulranney at alloa  though i know alloa are not in league 1 or 2

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on ex-St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour’s twitter page. He claims to have been silenced by SPFL/SFA gistapo, possibly more out there that’s not happy with the status quo but are silenced, our club could help remove that silence. 

This is where forming an alliance would help also.

5 minutes ago, billscott said:

i would say 19 not 20 as brechin chairman is not going to vote against the spfl when he is on the board and his club were the only club not to get relagated last season  then you have that cunt mulranney at alloa  though i know alloa are not in league 1 or 2

Clubs also need to come forward if they are being bullied. Last season it was alleged that they were being threatened with their money being split 10 ways, if the didn't vote for the SPFL proposal. Again this is where an alliance could combat that problem.

Archived