Rangers must step up after SPFL club chief demands 'urgent' change

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Clubs also need to come forward if they are being bullied. Last season it was alleged that they were being threatened with their money being split 10 way if the didn't vote for the SPFL proposal. Again this is where an alliance could combat that problem.

i think you should be the spokesperson for this  you talk so much sense

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i agree change is required but why rangers  we led the way in the summer by asking clubs to vote for a independent investigation into the spfl  but were not supported  i dont see what we can do now  t

Only thing I slightly disagree with your article @The Dude is that Rangers should lead once more. This should be a total combined effort this time around, not us sticking our necks on the line and hop

Null and void stories drive clicks. Either Celtic fans desperate for it or Rangers fans furious at the suggestion. Getting played like fiddles here.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on ex-St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour’s twitter page. He claims to have been silenced by SPFL/SFA gistapo, possibly more out there that’s not happy with the status quo but are silenced, our club could help remove that silence. 

how can he be silenced he is no longer involved in football  he is free to say what he likes  just a shame he never spoke out when he was the st mirren chairman  instead of his recent comments about lawell running scottish football

Just now, billscott said:

how can he be silenced he is no longer involved in football  he is free to say what he likes  just a shame he never spoke out when he was the st mirren chairman  instead of his recent comments about lawell running scottish football

That is what he states, no longer silenced by the SFA/SPFL police. 

glasgow argyle likes this
1 hour ago, billscott said:

my neighbour is a falkirk fan and he pointed out the other day  falkirk were due to play arbroath in the cup last sat it was postponed now when it is played arbroath as a championship side will have played at least 3 games weather permitting whereas falkirk cannot even train  how is that fair  also in the money distributed recently by the government alloa who are part time got 500k  falkirk and thistle who are full time got 150k  no wonder these clubs are sick of the set up

Add to that PT were relegated despite having a game in hand and Falkirk had a game in hand on Raith which a win would have taken them top. Both these clubs could easily have been in championship but for the SPFL board pushing through their agenda last season. 

9 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

This is definitely the time to encourage clubs for a change at the SPFL. 

The dark side have shown their utter contempt for the other clubs and for Scottish football.  This jaunt to Dubai should have been stopped by the football authorities.  The fact that Hibs had refused permission for their fixture to be moved should have been enough to stop it.   The fact that the tims are 3 games behind should have stopped it as they should have been made to play a midweek fixture to get one of these games out of the way.  The total carelessness regarding Scottish football and Holyrood Covid protocols by the tims whilst in Dubai was a show of utter arrogance by the club which thinks it runs the game up here.  The lack of any public apology speaks volumes.  The mere fact they thought they could nick off on a holiday jolly whilst the rest of Scottish football and the entire population is still in lock-down proves that they believe they are untouchable.   

With the lower leagues being the sacrificial lamb as appeasement to Sturgeon and Holyrood, it must surely now be apparent to every other Scottish club that the tims only care about themselves.    Their previous use of what amounted to what I believe to have been bribery and coercion  should now be a thing of the past as clubs can now see that they were taken for fools.  It now requires other clubs (not Rangers) to point out that the tims Covid breaches have put the survival of some Scottish clubs in serious jeopardy.   Our input should only be to offer significant vocal support to those who wish to take up the baton in seeking change this time around.

Lawwell has now publicly apologised if you can call it that. No mention whatsoever of the photos, just all protocols was followed. 

Once the league is over and done with, would agree that this year would be the best time to get the backing to rid the league of the corrupt cunts at the top, especially with the shit show that the fenians have created that along with how the lower leagues have been treated I'm sure leaves a sour taste in more than 30% of the leagues fanbase/board.

Win the league then fucking rip the whole set-up to pieces.

Glorious.

15 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The dark side have shown their utter contempt for the other clubs and for Scottish football.  This jaunt to Dubai should have been stopped by the football authorities.  The fact that Hibs had refused permission for their fixture to be moved should have been enough to stop it.   The fact that the tims are 3 games behind should have stopped it as they should have been made to play a midweek fixture to get one of these games out of the way.  The total carelessness regarding Scottish football and Holyrood Covid protocols by the tims whilst in Dubai was a show of utter arrogance by the club which thinks it runs the game up here.  The lack of any public apology speaks volumes.  The mere fact they thought they could nick off on a holiday jolly whilst the rest of Scottish football and the entire population is still in lock-down proves that they believe they are untouchable.   

With the lower leagues being the sacrificial lamb as appeasement to Sturgeon and Holyrood, it must surely now be apparent to every other Scottish club that the tims only care about themselves.    Their previous use of what amounted to what I believe to have been bribery and coercion  should now be a thing of the past as clubs can now see that they were taken for fools.  It now requires other clubs (not Rangers) to point out that the tims Covid breaches have put the survival of some Scottish clubs in serious jeopardy.   Our input should only be to offer significant vocal support to those who wish to take up the baton in seeking change this time around.

Fantastic post here 👍👍

DrLaudrup likes this
16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

but mr lawell has just said sorry  that makes it all right and now the media and the bbc  will portray tham as a lovely club again

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I preferably want Rangers men rubbing our game .And let’s see where that takes us 😉

that will never happen too many people dont like us  ok we could have a rangers man in a top position someone who can get change not the guy we have at the moment forget his name which just shows how good he is

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Did the cunt apologize to the whole of Scottish football though mate? 

They were following stringent protocols, the media let them off with so much shite it’s unreal. Even Joseph Goebbels could only of dreamt about having the media as much as they have it. 

JCDBigBear likes this

Meh

Every single club looks after themselves, not one will ever consider what’s best for Scottish football as a whole if it’s to the detriment of them.  I’d rather we kept quiet, went about our work in winning this league quietly and then, from the power as champions, commenced annihilation of said mhanks. 

GA1972 likes this

Fine with us fighting the authorities again but only when the season is done and we're back on top.

At the moment we focus on the football, get the title then go for their throats

Demanding change from a position of success is far better than doing it when you're not the top team in the country

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Only thing I slightly disagree with your article @The Dude is that Rangers should lead once more. This should be a total combined effort this time around, not us sticking our necks on the line and hoping more follow. Time for other clubs to step and and demand change if they want it, and we will fully support them.

👍

More likely to lose backing, or at least gain stronger opposition from Rangers hating clubs as soon as we take the lead.

Let others drive it, if there's enough support then offer our backing and help.

I stand by my thoughts during the voting debacle last season. 

We need a board of folk with absolutely no allegiances up here imo.

I think people with experience in the governance of say for example English/Welsh Rugby should be drafted in. 

Experience of governing a popular contact sport and can be genuinely non-partizan. 

BlueKnight87 likes this