Rangers must step up after SPFL club chief demands 'urgent' change

The Dude

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They didn't ask League 1 & 2 if they wanted the suspension, most didn't. But all of the sudden asking the Championship if they want a suspension? Fuck is going on?

A championship team asked the sfa to suspend it so they are asking the rest of the championship clubs if they would like it suspended, it won’t go anywhere imo

Just now, esquire8 said:

Certain bosses from them leagues were very disappointed they were never even asked....

What was the point? They say no and it woujld still have to happen. They don't have the means to safely test the players so the right action was taken. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What direction? They either keep going, delay it a few weeks until the numbers get down or do what they done last season and call it after another few games. 

That's it. 

You have more faith in them than I do I think 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Certain bosses from them leagues were very disappointed they were never even asked....

To be fair I get that argument. The lower leagues were never going to get the funding needed (30/40k per week to test their squads)

They got told it was suspended because they had no other options. Championship clubs have just been given 500k, asking them now, even if 1 club has expressed concerns, is strange to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

To be fair I get that argument. The lower leagues were never going to get the funding needed (30/40k per week to test their squads)

They got told it was suspended because they had no other options. Championship clubs have just been given 500k, asking them now, even if 1 club has expressed concerns, is strange to say the least.

Wanting more money from the govt?

Appearing sympathetic?

Null & Void kills the SPL.

They're just trying to worry us anyway they can.

Just now, LucyBlue said:

Wanting more money from the govt?

Appearing sympathetic?

Null & Void kills the SPL.

They're just trying to worry us anyway they can.

More money - Possible but 500k for each club is enough for 4 months of testing, give or take. They must know themselves they wont be getting much more than that!

Sympathetic - Not a chance

I agree as we know it null and void would kill the SPL. What I don't agree with is them not finding a way (financially) to make it more viable if/when we come to vote for it.

The same people panicking about this where the same people working themselves into a frenzy about it a few days ago off some internet rumour that there were loads new Celtic covid cases and even Hibs cases, and that would see it stopped.

Look how that worked out. The rumour wasn't even true, worked up about nothing.

The same as this, for the reasons already stated already in the thread.

It's like any rumour or anything happens at all, some seem to go off the deep end and won't be told anything else but what they want to believe. 

It's irrational, and will cause you loads of needless stress and worry.  It's like we have a new thread with the same people panicking every few days, round and round. 

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

The same people panicking about this where the same people working themselves into a frenzy about it a few days ago off some internet rumour that there were loads new Celtic covid cases and even Hibs cases, and that would see it stopped.

Look how that worked out. The rumour wasn't even true, worked up about nothing.

The same as this, for the reasons already stated above.

It's like any rumour or anything happens at all, some seem to go off the deep end and won't be told anything else but what they want to believe. 

It's irrational, and will cause you loads of needless stress and worry.  It's like we have a new thread with the same people panicking every few days, round and round. 

The games go ahead this weekend then we’re ever closer to the season drawing to a close, if the tarrier game on Wednesday is played with no issue then that’s another game closer they are to us and again gives even more reason to continue the season

I think people are just scared that the SPFL null the league when we are so close and miles ahead of celtic. We have waited a long time for this. Not too long to go. I said days ago that there’s no way they could null the league as Scottish football would die. But i also said I still expect celtic to push for it. 

Whether a club has requested it or not, Maxwell should not be coming out and asking an entire league if they want to suspend it. Simply tell Inverness no. 

All this will do is fire up others in a crap position to do the same. 

1 hour ago, LucyBlue said:

I mean, try to be rational.

Just for a second.

Don't listen to TheDude, who's a cunt who steals money from Rangers Supporters.

Just be totally rational.

If there were plans to null and void the league....celtic's game vs Hibs would never had went ahead! Simple.

Now take your tinfoil headwear elsewhere and chill guys.

That match was the one where both sides started to feel it was over the game changed after it imo. The calls for the season to stop dispute case numbers dropping and very few affected in football has properly started.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I can't believe the dismissal of all this on here, you really can't see it? Look what they did 10 months ago. There is no reason for the championship to stop, something stinks.

It hasn’t stopped and we don’t know if it will 

Archived