• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Piece by Chris Jack in today's herald, nice reading a change.  Can't cut and paste but hopefully you can zoom in and read okay.   

I remember when we were going for our own TIAR and the scum threw everything they had at us. It was as if their very lives depended on it. If sacrificing one of their family would have guaranteed it,

THE first card is set to tumble. The rest will then fall into place for Rangers. Of all the headlines that Dave King made during his chairmanship at Ibrox, his famous ‘pack of cards’ line stands

Posted Images

“winning number 55 is more important than denying ten-in-a-row”

A point that scum fans have never grasped.

Having said that,

:rip: Terry Munro :lol:

Excellent article, still not sure how it got past the fenian-infested sports editorial team.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I remember when we were going for our own TIAR and the scum threw everything they had at us. It was as if their very lives depended on it. If sacrificing one of their family would have guaranteed it, poor old granny’s tea was oot.

Of course, they didn’t want it for the sake of winning the trophy, it was 100% about denying us. They are defined by their insecurity and inferiority, their neediness and their constant aching to better us. They would be happy to finish fifth - as long as we finished sixth.

We just don’t think like that. We want the glory for glory’s sake, not because it means that they can’t have it.

After the first win over them, I started a thread called “House Of Cards” (sorry - don’t know how to find it) which preceded Dave King’s prediction but pretty much reached the same conclusion. Not only was their success measured against us (year after year, they are humiliated in Europe but nothing changed because they bettered us domestically) but it was fragile. Even as we lay bleeding in the corner, we still intimidated them. All it took was a single breakthrough. At the time, I thought a win might do it. Turns out it took a brilliant season.

Well, the collapse is finally happening and its as devastating as we could have hoped. More importantly, there are subtle indications that their grip in other areas such as the media and controlling the game up here, are slipping too. Wrestling away the control they have had in these areas for so many years is not just good for us, it is good for the game in this country.

There is much more joy to be had and we must savour every drop.

The longer the anticipation, the sweeter the taste.

They’ll always have a grip on running the game up here while their place men remain, Ive saw nothing to show that’s going to change anytime soon. The media have started to turn on them recently but I think another poster made the point that the tarrier media are hurting just like their bogging supporters and are only turning on them because they want change at the club. When we start seeing articles like the one here appear regularly and in rags like the sun and record then I’ll maybe start believing there’s a genuine power shift there too.

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

They’ll always have a grip on running the game up here while their place men remain, Ive saw nothing to show that’s going to change anytime soon. The media have started to turn on them recently but I think another poster made the point that the tarrier media are hurting just like their bogging supporters and are only turning on them because they want change at the club. When we start seeing articles like the one here appear regularly and in rags like the sun and record then I’ll maybe start believing there’s a genuine power shift there too.

I agree the power shift will take longer but the fact that Maxwell had to make that statement looking like a fucking Iraqi hostage (and Doncaster is still hiding in his bunker) suggests that perhaps they are just slightly distancing themselves from the car crash in the east end.

They’ve done great things for the scum over the years but looking out for their own interests will always come first and they won’t want to associate themselves to a crumbling wreck.

Blue Avenger and Tiger Shaw like this
1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

I agree the power shift will take longer but the fact that Maxwell had to make that statement looking like a fucking Iraqi hostage (and Doncaster is still hiding in his bunker) suggests that perhaps they are just slightly distancing themselves from the car crash in the east end.

They’ve done great things for the scum over the years but looking out for their own interests will always come first and they won’t want to associate themselves to a crumbling wreck.

Hopefully you’re right mate and we clinch this title and start a domino effect and the whole corrupt tarrier empire comes tumbling down as they all try to protect their own interests.

11 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Lawwell position looking in trouble will help hugely.

That farce of an apology has went down like a lead balloon. 

If he falls it leaves the others open.

Secure 55 and if clubs are genuinely interested in change then push for a new setup. We need a setup filled with people with no club allegiances. 

billscott likes this