Dub-LIE-gate - who (IF ANYONE) approved this??

the cry was no

Interesting article in the sun this morning, it appears Mr Nobody ok'd the trip to Dubai.

Remember that  the SFA and SPFL immediately ruled out any need for an enquiry as it was all above board.....mmmmm

SPFL - wasn't us that ok'd it, it was the government, but we did manage to tell Hibs their game would be moving whether they liked it or not. But approval for the trip had nothing to do with us.

SFA - we didn't ok it, we knew about it through our "competitions department" who talk to the government but we didn't approve it and would rather you stopped asking questions as there's nothing to see here, hence there will be no investigation

Government - we didn't ok it, in fact we couldn't ok it as we have no authority to do so, we only give guidance. BTW , for the avoidance of doubt, we don't think it was ESSENTIAL 

celtic - EVERYBODY ok'd it, ALL relevant authorities were fully aware. Now call me cynical but if Liewell had an official ok he'd be waving it about like the thumb with a foreign flag at Ibrox.

It looks certain that NOBODY at the SFA or SPFL officially ok'd this which is unsurprising as doing so would have breached the protocols that clearly state that staying in a hotel should only be an option if absolutely ESSENTIAL. Under no circumstances could this trip be described as ESSENTIAL.

Likewise and for the same reasons (plus the fact that they couldn't) NOBODY at the government ok'd this

Liewell's lying when he says it was approved by everyone and he should be collared for it

Sun article......

SIGN OFF 

celtic Dubai trip: Mystery over who gave final approval and when deepens as SPFL say Hoops met Government AFTER November

Stewart Fisher

15 Jan 2021, 9:45

Updated: 15 Jan 2021, 9:48

THE issue of who gave final approval and when to celtic's ill-fated winter training trip to Dubai remains as elusive as ever this morning. 

The Hoops' decision to fly out to the UAE for their customary January camp has backfired big style - with Christopher Jullien testing positive for Covid-19 and 13 players and two members of backroom staff forced to self-isolate.

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster says celtic spoke to Government after November

The trip was permitted under the exemption for elite sportspeople from warm weather training camps, even if first minister Nicola Sturgeon has subsequently admitted she has "doubts about how the club itself described it" and "doubt about whether celtic's trip to Dubai was really essential".

But crucially finding out precisely when the last discussion on the subject was held is proving particularly difficult to pin down. 

This is important due to the rapidly changing public health environment both in Scotland and Dubai - with new full lockdown restrictions around the new strain of the virus coming into force WHILE the Hoops were away.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster exclusively told SunSport that it WASN'T the league - but said a discussion between celtic and the Government HAD taken place after original approval was given in November.

The league's fixture schedulers, of course, also moved celtic's proposed match with Hibs to the Monday night in late November - a decision which left outgoing Easter Road chief Leeann Dempster "fizzing".

Doncaster said: “The league didn’t have any role in approving, or otherwise, celtic’s training camp to Dubai.

“Approval was given by the Scottish Government. And I believe there were discussions between the club and the Government after the approval was given in November."

Doncaster's comments, however, don't tally exactly with those of first minister Nicola Sturgeon, who said it WASN'T the role of the Scottish Government to approve the trip.

She also referred back to discussions in November and said that "at the time when clarity of the rules was given" celtic were planning to travel to an alternative venue to Dubai.

She said: “On the point about celtic, as I set out I think last week, my understanding is we gave the footballing authority for celtic clarity on what the rules were and are and training camps for elite sport are permitted if it is in relation to performance or competition.

“We set out the rules, it is not the role of the Scottish Government - we are not formally on the Joint Response Group. 

"It is not our role to give approval or not give approval to what a football team is doing.

“As I understand it, I think at the time when that clarity of the rules was given it was another country that they were planning on going to rather than Dubai and also, that was back in November.

“The world and the situation with Covid has changed quite a lot since then and the club itself described the trip to Dubai as 'R&R.'"

What about the SFA, then, who are also represented on the Joint Response Group? 

SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell.....

Well, chief executive Ian Maxwell only referred recently to discussions in November: “From a permission perspective, they said in November through our competitions department, who are in touch with the Scottish Government, that they wanted to go to Dubai.

“We all know football. If clubs have done something that’s successful then they want to continue to do that.

“So I can understand why, from a preparation perspective, that celtic wanted to go.

“There’s then the perception issue of, ‘Is it right at this point of time that they followed through on that’?"

In his recent apology for the Dubai trip. celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell also referred back to decisions being made and permissions being granted in NOVEMBER.

He said: "In terms of the facts surrounding the trip, I think we decided way back in November to go, and were permitted to go.

"Clearly, the landscape has changed significantly, particularly the run-up to us going to Dubai, in terms of the infection rate and whatever. 

"But, at the time the Dubai infection rate was still part of the green corridor, right up to the point where we left."

Can national clinical director Jason Leitch throw any light on the subject?

Not really other than to say that the Hoops WERE permitted to travel. 

"The rules are that professional sports people can go on winter training camps, that is allowed.

"So if you are Mo Farah and you need to train at altitude in Ethiopia then come back and run the London marathon that is permitted, it is a reason for travel.

"So professional sports, football included, are allowed to go on winter treaining camps.

"They are not allowed just to go on a holiday, like the rest of us aren't.

"But that winter camp is therefore allowed. Now that is a judgement for the authorities and the clubs and the authorities about what that it is."

15 minutes ago, trueblue 64 said:

They wanted to go so they went, they wanted the title awarded at the start of lockdown, they got it. They wanted the SC played for their tainted run, they got it.

The focus on their arrogance will only help us back to our rightful place.

Now the cunts want the league ended early so it can be voided. ~
I genuinely would not know how to start a Civil War, but that might just be the spark that lit the fuse.

If this is snatched from us they'll need more than fencing around hampden, we're a peaceful support but back us into a corner and we come out fighting.

22 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Now the cunts want the league ended early so it can be voided. ~
I genuinely would not know how to start a Civil War, but that might just be the spark that lit the fuse.

Another puzzler is that there was no winter break in the league and to facilitate the scum jolly the Hivs game had to be put back. 

Now what if all the "elite" clubs wanted the same jolly as we were all entitled to due to the scum decision? Are we all to be on an equal footing? All fixtures to be postponed? Course not, but it does show that the scum were favoured as usual. Their exceptionalism (corruption) in the Scottish game confirmed and the rest of us can go fuck ourselves. 

That trip should never have been approved for many reasons and none the least Covid, because technically it could have given them a sporting advantage in this "performance enhancing" trip for elite sportsmen whilst disadvantaging the rest of when there was no official break. Cunts heads should roll for this. 

TBH I don't want us to raise our head above the parapit at this point to distract us from securing this title, but what club amongst the usual cowards are prepared to challenge this further. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Another puzzler is that there was no winter break in the league and to facilitate the scum jolly the Hivs game had to be put back. 

Now what if all the "elite" clubs wanted the same jolly as we were all entitled to due to the scum decision? Are we all to be on an equal footing? All fixtures to be postponed? Course not, but it does show that the scum were favoured as usual. Their exceptionalism (corruption) in the Scottish game confirmed and the rest of us can go fuck ourselves. 

That trip should never have been approved for many reasons and none the least Covid, because technically it could have given them a sporting advantage in this "performance enhancing" trip for elite sportsmen whilst disadvantaging the rest of when there was no official break. Cunts heads should roll for this. 

TBH I don't want us to raise our head above the parapit at this point to distract us from securing this title, but what club amongst the usual cowards are prepared to challenge this further. 

All clubs have got the same facility as the tarriers do to move a game if they wish. Has to be played between Friday and Monday if I'm not mistaken. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Any club could have done the same but didn’t. celtic definitely thought they were pulling a rabbit out the hat, and gaining an advantage by having a game moved enabling them to go on the trip, while every other team were sensible and never even contemplated such lunacy, and but it’s hilarious how badly it’s backfired on them. Fuck them.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

All clubs have got the same facility as the tarriers do to move a game if they wish. Has to be played between Friday and Monday if I'm not mistaken. 

In the context of season with no winter break, so if all were on an equal footing, all wanting overseas and all wanting fixtures postponed to the Monday? The request was not an exceptional circumstance or valid reason as no winter break was the rule and if all were to be treated equally they would have to give approval to all, but I can't see it, middle of a pandemic and all. Imo they were given special treatment as ever. 

Archived