When we lost our 10

Junior Soprano

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually cant remember the day we lost it, must have been pished.

Do remember being at Piggery when losing to Hearts in SCF and clapping our team off who gave me best years off my life.

Dignified decent Protestant people, not like the unwashed who are in real mealtdown. 

Despicable Scum

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen the Aberdeen and Kilmarnock games.

I remember the 2-0 Albertz and Thern game like it was yesterday. We all thought that was it wrapped up.

Always that rumour floating about at the time Bobby Williamson had his head in his hands at Killie beating us 

I grew up during 9 in a row and most of my school life all I knew was success but what is everyone’s biggest letdown over that time looking back at it?

1. Not winning the Champions League 92/93?

2. Not getting 10 in a row?

I’m too young to remember 87/88 I think it was but my dad said we should’ve won the European Cup that year and won the league but Butcher breaking his leg fucked us. Think we lost to Steau Bucharest in the quarters or something.

Anyway answer for me is not winning the Champions League. Not sure but think that’s the closest we ever got to winning the Champions League/European Cup.

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Always that rumour floating about at the time Bobby Williamson had his head in his hands at Killie beating us 

Dunno but I remember being at a game against Killie a few years later and he was a cunt not putting McCoist on for his last ever appearance at Ibrox.

I was about 11 when we lost 10 in a row and I remember the fans outside Tannadice being shown on BBC, chick young was the reporter and the fans where singing and not letting the players leave.

As an 11 year old breaking his heart it kinda made no sense to me. Now looking back it was an appreciation for the efforts.

Don't think I'll ever forget that 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

I was on the park at the end at tannadice that day ,coming back off the full behind the goals were singing the billy boys some buzz , scotsport caught me and my mate clear as a bell running on he tripped over a photographers box thing 😂

Remember they Arab Tarrier bstds jumping up and down listening to their radios when the Tarriers had scored never forget that

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

U was about 11 when we lost 10 in a row and I remember the fans outside Tannadice being shown on BBC, chicken young was the reporter and the fans where singing and not letting the players leave.

As an 11 year old breaking his heart it kinda made no sense to me. Now looking back it was an appreciation for the efforts.

I was at the beam back and it was just as bad. Personally it was the first time I knew us to lose a league title but couldn’t believe the amount of grown men round about me crying etc!

It was horrible!

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

U was about 11 when we lost 10 in a row and I remember the fans outside Tannadice being shown on BBC, chicken young was the reporter and the fans where singing and not letting the players leave.

I was there aswell mate. Was my 16th Birthday. Thinking back it was very weird crying but trying to sing. Its probably something no one would understand unless you are one of us its something our club bings out in us that nothing else can

5 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

Just so i know and make sure i have travel plans in place but when that day comes is it straight to Ibrox?? 

Some people are saying George Square and some are saying Ibrox/Paisley Road West.

Personally I reckon we’ll be at Ibrox and it’ll be a party right down PRW.

12 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Hopefully im off, but in the forces and need to book leave in advance so fingers crossed.

We only play 3 league games in a 5 week period in March/April so should be easy to have a rough idea. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I grew up during 9 in a row and most of my school life all I knew was success but what is everyone’s biggest letdown over that time looking back at it?

I’m too young to remember 87/88 I think it was but my dad said we should’ve won the European Cup that year and won the league but Butcher breaking his leg fucked us. Think we lost to Steau Bucharest in the quarters or something.

Anyway answer for me is not winning the Champions League. Not sure but think that’s the closest we ever got to winning the Champions League/European Cup.

I was too young for the CL and I don’t remember 9iar very clearly.

My biggest disappointment was probably the UEFA Cup final v Zenit. Our defensive, counterattacking strategy worked well over two legs in the previous rounds, but this was a one off match and we were never in the game at all. I would have rather we threw everything at the game and got hammered rather than just defending meekly.

Granted, that was a good Zenit side that beat us. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I've read that a lot about Steaua, but PSV who won it had 5 of the Dutch side that also won the Euros that summer in the team. They put out Real Madrid in the semis as well.

10 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

I was too young for the CL and I don’t remember 9iar very clearly.

My biggest disappointment was probably the UEFA Cup final v Zenit. Our defensive, counterattacking strategy worked well over two legs in the previous rounds, but this was a one off match and we were never in the game at all. I would have rather we threw everything at the game and got hammered rather than just defending meekly.

Granted, that was a good Zenit side that beat us. 

They destroyed Bayern 4-0 in Munich in the semi final. Going out and getting hit for 5 or 6 in a final would have been absolutely shite. If we did people would be saying the opposite that Smith was wrong not to go with the tactics that got us to the final.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen the Aberdeen and Kilmarnock games.

I remember the 2-0 Albertz and Thern game like it was yesterday. We all thought that was it wrapped up.

Can’t remember any bear thinking that with a dodgy trip to Aberdeen the following week 

Archived