Biggest Football stands in Britain.

Rlm

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Why are people wanting our iconic and unique main stand fucked about with and joined on to the Copland and Broomloan?

just mental to want to change it imo, it will take away it’s charm and uniqueness, any work done would ether be a cheap patch up job or cost tens of millions to do it right. Absolute crazy idea 

The main stand is the Crown Jewels of Ibrox 

Desperately need to sort the leg room out though 

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Thought Liverpool’s was bigger tbh 

Liverpool’s main stand is physically bigger with a new middle and upper tier and a reprofiled lower tier. Overall capacity is about 20500. There is a lot more leg room because current regulations stipulate that new builds should have more space.  

That being said Liverpool also chose to  reprofile the existing lower tier which was very cramped by reducing the capacity of that section by around 2500

We could do similar but at the cost of knocking a few thousand off the capacity. 

Liverpool’s new main stand is free standing with a red brick facia and a gallery for the upper tier overlooking much of the city.  Similar features to our main Stand that give it a unique feel.   Too many soulless off the shelf stands at modern grounds.

Confused.....as numbers 1 and 8 combined total 39,500

Man U's current capacity is 74,140

74,140 - 39500 =  34,640

That means that Man U have at least one other stand (possibly 2) of bigger capacity than The Stretford End listed at number 8....or is this just about 'distinct' stands where the corners aren't wrapped around?

On 16/01/2021 at 18:55, lerxst said:

Yes Bill Struth is the true winner because it is free standing and not contacting the others . BTW I hate seeing the open corners so I wish it was connected someway.

Agreed, but those stairways are iconic. Ibrox would look so different if you couldn't see them. 

Plus if we had no corners we wouldn't have seen that wee fix sprint up the wing. Don't think I'll ever forget that. 

Has anyone pointed out why we couldn't put an extra tier on top of the Sandy? I know we cang fill the corners to make the stadium bigger so maybe that's the way to go? 

18 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Confused.....as numbers 1 and 8 combined total 39,500

Man U's current capacity is 74,140

74,140 - 39500 =  34,640

That means that Man U have at least one other stand (possibly 2) of bigger capacity than The Stretford End listed at number 8....or is this just about 'distinct' stands where the corners aren't wrapped around?

Good point.  This probably isn't anything to do with it, but I do know that the stands old Trafford are a mess, in the sense that they all look like stands from different stadiums. The main stand blocks the view of one (or both) of the end stands an is a cunt to maintain (so I've been told, so take it with a pinch)

4 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Liverpool’s main stand is physically bigger with a new middle and upper tier and a reprofiled lower tier. Overall capacity is about 20500. There is a lot more leg room because current regulations stipulate that new builds should have more space.  

That being said Liverpool also chose to  reprofile the existing lower tier which was very cramped by reducing the capacity of that section by around 2500

We could do similar but at the cost of knocking a few thousand off the capacity. 

Liverpool’s new main stand is free standing with a red brick facia and a gallery for the upper tier overlooking much of the city.  Similar features to our main Stand that give it a unique feel.   Too many soulless off the shelf stands at modern grounds.

Agreed. But some look amazing, like Bayern's stadium. Think cause of the LED's they have they can put any image they like on the outside of their stadium. 

Guess this is as good a place as any to ask, has anyone got any pictures of the Qatar stadiums yet? Know it's still 3yr away, but imagine that there must be a few possibly finished by now seeing as they are building 8 new stadiums.  Want to see how close they got to the fancy presentation that definitely won them a world cup in the desert and most definitely not suitcases full of loads of dollars.

4 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Thought the Holte end at Villa would be there, sure it held 28,000 when it was standing, not sure now it’s all seater

I'm sure the modern Holte End was the biggest behind the goal stand in Britain or Europe at one point.

On 16/01/2021 at 18:55, lerxst said:

I hate seeing the open corners so I wish it was connected someway.

The day that the corners were filled in at Old Trafford, the grass stopped growing.

Need the wind to come in and out at either end of the pitch, and as much year round sunlight as possible.

3 hours ago, CR3 said:

Was in the Holte end of Aston Villa for the community shield Chelsea v Man City in 2012. Was big for a stand behind the goals, just under 14k. Decent stadium. No Ibrox though.

I was watching some of the old FA Cup semi finals that were held at Villa Park the other day.

Much better atmosphere.

20 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

The day that the corners were filled in at Old Trafford, the grass stopped growing.

Need the wind to come in and out at either end of the pitch, and as much year round sunlight as possible.

That is nonsense

On 24/01/2021 at 09:57, Tiger Shaw said:

Why are people wanting our iconic and unique main stand fucked about with?

just mental to want to change it imo, it will take away it’s charm and uniqueness, any work done would ether be a cheap patch up job or cost tens of millions to do it right. Absolute crazy idea 

The main stand is the Crown Jewels of Ibrox 

Agreed, fart about with the other 3 stands, but leave the main stand as it is right now, just keep it spruced up every so often so it retains its class and uniqueness without looking shabby

Archived