Will Dave King go down as one of our all time greats?

Ariel Ortega

Where would we be now if it wasn’t for him? Prior to his involvement we were an absolute shambles of a club, both on and off the park. We basically had a succession of con men just ripping the pish.

Now we are on course to get the most points in Scottish football history, and we just topped Benfica in our European group. The appointment of Gerrard has been nothing short of sensational, and he is currently one of the best up and coming managers in world football. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we'd be finished if King hadn't ousted the previous regime and then fat Ashley. His best move was Gerrard and his backroom staff in. Yes King will go down as the man who saved our club.Alot of people didn't want him at our club but it was a god send. Onwards and upwards 🇬🇧🇬🇧

6 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

Think we'd be finished if King hadn't ousted the previous regime and then fat Ashley. His best move was Gerrard and his backroom staff in. Yes King will go down as the man who saved our club.Alot of people didn't want him at our club but it was a god send. Onwards and upwards 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Excellent post 🇬🇧 !

I dont think anyone seen the self destruction of the taigs coming  this season, it has been quite spectacular, but ousting Ashley and the masterstroke of appointing Gerrard (it could have gone either way) will see him embedded in the hearts of every single Rangers fan, cheers Dave.

11 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

We are all Dave the Rave 🕺🏼 🕺🏼 

26 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

Where would we be now if it wasn’t for him? Prior to his involvement we were an absolute shambles of a club, both on and off the park. We basically had a succession of con men just ripping the pish.

Now we are on course to get the most points in Scottish football history, and we just topped Benfica in our European group. The appointment of Gerrard has been nothing short of sensational, and he is currently one of the best up and coming managers in world football. 

There are a lot of people who we should be eternally grateful to when 55 comes. Dave King is very high up the list. 

13 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

Spot on! A proud blue nose through and through who played a blinder when we needed it. Thanks, Dave King, one of our own 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I dont think anyone seen the self destruction of the taigs this season, it has been quite spectacular, but ousting Ashley and the masterstroke of appointing Gerrard (it could have gone either way) will see him embedded in the hearts of every single Rangers fan, cheers Dave.

It wasn’t just Ashley. Green, the Easdales, Summers etc..Christ, we attracted a lot of crooks. 

Mistakes got made under king such as Pedro appointment. 

However we would be no where near where we are now, if he hadn't stepped in. He gave us back our club and I'll always be thankful to him for that. 

Once 55 is secured. I'd be having king unfurl the flag. 

Still rankles with me how him gaining power was done. And those who apparently only ever wanted the best for Rangers all got wedged in with several still employed to this day.

But he put his money where his mouth was, he brought in Gerrard, and tbh without King I doubt we'd be anywhere near where we are today.

So its a yes from me 👍

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

Gerrard was sent to save us. 

When you look back on his appointment what a gamble it was by Mark Allen and Dave King etc,

The Board backed him and obviously knew that this was a project and stuck by him because they obviously saw improvement every season.

Massive credit to them for doing so!

He left the club in good stead and quietly walked. The sign of a successful man is one who doesn't feel a need to be the centre of the accolades.

Douglas Park is a successful businessman in his own rights and will do good by Rangers but make doubt, our recent successes are a result of DK especially in the appointment of our manager.

Archived