Will Dave King go down as one of our all time greats?

Ariel Ortega

The appointment of Gerrard and his support team has (almost certainly!) proved a master stroke: whoever thought to go for him deserves all the praise in the world.

A genius, left field move that caught everyone on the hop. 

All the stars have aligned with perfect timing. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Still rankles with me how him gaining power was done. And those who apparently only ever wanted the best for Rangers all got wedged in with several still employed to this day.

But he put his money where his mouth was, he brought in Gerrard, and tbh without King I doubt we'd be anywhere near where we are today.

So its a yes from me 👍

Can you clarify on the first paragraph?

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

The appointment of Gerrard and his support team has (almost certainly!) proved a master stroke: whoever thought to go for him deserves all the praise in the world.

Nail on head 

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

At the time, there were many who did not want Gerrard at the helm. 

For me, it was always a no-brainer but it must have taken some business savvy from DK to sway him here.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Made a fair number of big errors, but got us there in the end (nearly). 

Compared to what we had before, where literally everything was getting sold off and we were complete and utter garbage on the park, I don’t think his errors are that big. 

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Ill wait till we lift the title, same goes for the praise for Gerrard

However when we do I'll happily admit I was wrong about both appointments

I think you can admit it now. We outplayed Benfica twice this season and we have absolutely obliterated the tarriers. The gap between us and them is as big as it’s ever been. 

54 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

I can understand trepidation re: SG as he was an unknown quantity. 

From a coaching standpoint, yes - I get that, but he is a marketing magnet. Excellent players will be lining up to play for him now not just because he is a footballing legend but for the coaching reputation he is gaining.

3 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

The stage is yours 

Had the money and contacts but caused turmoil. ST boycotts, strip boycotts, in toe with the likes of Chris Graham and Craig Houston. We had staff assaulted ffs.

Maybe it was how it had to be done. Just never sat well with me. Especially the rewarding of those mentioned plus the Louden lot with Greg getting the slo gig.

Not going to get into any discussion on it tonight btw. 👍

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Had the money and contacts but caused turmoil. ST boycotts, strip boycotts, in toe with the likes of Chris Graham and Craig Houston. We had staff assaulted ffs.

Maybe it was how it had to be done. Just never sat well with me. Especially the rewarding of those mentioned plus the Louden lot with Greg getting the slo gig.

The previous regime were absolutely raping us. Dave King pulled off a masterstroke. If Dave King didn’t come along we would still be fighting Aberdeen for second place and having all of our assets stripped. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rejected the CVA as well.

I'm like you, grateful for where we are but some of the stuff on the way getting here has been questionable.

Archived