Will Dave King go down as one of our all time greats?

Ariel Ortega

1 minute ago, Ariel Ortega said:

The previous regime were absolutely raping us. Dave King pulled off a masterstroke. If Dave King didn’t come along we would still be fighting Aberdeen for second place and having all of our assets stripped. 

I've just said it's the how he went about it rather than the fact he got it done.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Had the money and contacts but caused turmoil. ST boycotts, strip boycotts, in toe with the likes of Chris Graham and Craig Houston. We had staff assaulted ffs.

Maybe it was how it had to be done. Just never sat well with me. Especially the rewarding of those mentioned plus the Louden lot with Greg getting the slo gig.

Not going to get into any discussion on it tonight btw. 👍

The only negative for me 

3 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

We’re building a side that shouldn’t look out of place in the CL group stages; celtic are lucky if they get a point in the Europa. Perhaps the gap was more significant during 9iar, but the gap is still seismic. 

Theyll be as likely to progress in the CL as us tbh. Luck of the draw.

42 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

When you look back on his appointment what a gamble it was by Mark Allen and Dave King etc,

The Board backed him and obviously knew that this was a project and stuck by him because they obviously saw improvement every season.

Massive credit to them for doing so!

If some on here had been in control we would have sacked him. Lesson being don't listen to supporters..

21 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

He was right. What a legend. 

I beg to differ ,the house of cards came crashing down before they actually lost a league title .

Well unless of course this crash we are witnessing is the prelude to the real absolute collapse 😁😁😁😁

15 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

I think you can admit it now. We outplayed Benfica twice this season and we have absolutely obliterated the tarriers. The gap between us and them is as big as it’s ever been. 

We did & the gap is huge

However until we get over the line I'll still keep quiet. Once we do I'll help build the statue of Gerrard with Dave standing behind him 👍

Must admit I hate typing these type of posts but I took a break from here for a long time, at that time DK wasn't a favourite on here for many.

Good to see it's been realised what he done for us. He had his faults but I remember just before Advocaat took over and we posted a bank debt of £20 million he called out minty, then that cunt doubled down and took us upto a ridiculous amount of debt. The warning signs were there and he was right. He stood upto all the legal shite and saw it through.

People going on about gaps being huge etc are getting way ahead of themselves. We still have to catch up with them financially, and the transition from 1999/2000 to 2000/2002 on the park is a reminder of how things can quickly swing. King himself has said he never thought Celtic would catch up to us in the 90s. 

We just need to take each season as it comes and be the very best we can be.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The luck of the draw will be huge in the progression of either team into the groups. They could have an extra round but still get easier ties than us as league champions.

They won't. That non champions route is horrendous 

Firstly it should be said that without him we would have been fucked. 

The work he and the board have put in the last 5/6 years has been utterly superb. There has been mistakes but we've consistently moved forward on and off the park which has accelerated since Gerrard was appointed.

He stayed patient, knew what had to happen even when sometimes it was hard on us but now we are certainly reaping the rewards. 

The future is bright and King has undoubtedly played an important part in getting us here.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

People going on about gaps being huge etc are getting way ahead of themselves. We still have to catch up with them financially, and the transition from 1999/2000 to 2000/2002 on the park is a reminder of how things can quickly swing. King himself has said he never thought Celtic would catch up to us in the 90s. 

Mind Commons said we'd need 100m 🤣

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

People going on about gaps being huge etc are getting way ahead of themselves. We still have to catch up with them financially, and the transition from 1999/2000 to 2000/2002 on the park is a reminder of how things can quickly swing. King himself has said he never thought celtic would catch up to us in the 90s. 

100% agree

Getting the title this season would obviously be monumental & was always the priority however the harder part comes when we need to rebuild after selling big players, something which we will do in the summer 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The luck of the draw will be huge in the progression of either team into the groups. They could have an extra round but still get easier ties than us as league champions.

There’s more chance of the Pope singing the sash than them getting anywhere near the CL group stages any time soon. They were the worst team in the Europa this season. Plus due to our efforts, Scotland is close to getting automatic group stage qualification. 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mind Commons said we'd need 100m 🤣

Mate, the last time I was back home one of the idiots down the local pub was going on at me about the fact we would never win the league again. I've got his number and I'll be phoning him at 3am to tell him the good news when we do 55.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

People going on about gaps being huge etc are getting way ahead of themselves. We still have to catch up with them financially, and the transition from 1999/2000 to 2000/2002 on the park is a reminder of how things can quickly swing. King himself has said he never thought celtic would catch up to us in the 90s. 

I’m under no illusions about the swings and roundabouts of the old firm. That doesn’t change the fact though that objectively, the gulf in quality is enormous. 

It’s not just that though. They are a club in free fall and are being run horrendously. Their own support can’t stand the regime. We are a club being ran progressively and building something. All I see from them conversely is regression. 

1 minute ago, Ariel Ortega said:

There’s more chance of the Pope singing the sash than them getting anywhere near the CL group stages any time soon. They were the worst team in the Europa this season. Plus due to our efforts, Scotland is close to getting automatic group stage qualification. 

Hope so. Theyve been horrendous this season and long may that continue. But it won't be the same come the summer, they need to find some sort of investment for their new manager. They tend not to speculate to accumulate, but with a CL pot of cash possible they may have to go for it.

He’s invested an incredible amount in us, alongside the likes of Bennett, Park etc. 

He wasn’t the best chairman though, too many sound bytes and rubbed a few people e.g. Ashley the wrong way. We seem a much more stable and less reactive club now he’s taken more of a back seat

Archived