Will Dave King go down as one of our all time greats?

Ariel Ortega

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Still rankles with me how him gaining power was done. And those who apparently only ever wanted the best for Rangers all got wedged in with several still employed to this day.

But he put his money where his mouth was, he brought in Gerrard, and tbh without King I doubt we'd be anywhere near where we are today.

So its a yes from me 👍

I'm kind of in the same boat, im grateful for everything he's done but for some reason there's just something about him that doesn't sit right with me

7 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Dave King drove down the share price, divided the fans, caused numerous unnecessary law suits, created a fans sound board and ignored it, put the like of Craig houston in a position within Ibrox, hired and fired - in a seven day period - a blogger who tweeted anti Muslim ideoligies and failed to fulfil any promises about transparency and getting us back on the stock exchange. He is also first and foremost a Liverpool fan and is now keen to sell to a conglomerate that have no investment or loan facilities with the expectancy they can do what has cost him around £20 million with no facilities.

I await when a few years down the line we find out he has used the investment to avoid taxation in South Africa. 

I agree with almost all of your post but the bit in bold isn't true , 

Graham shouldn't have been near the club imo but the tweets with cartoons mocking Muhammed had just been used as justification for terrorists murdering innocent people 

Remember being at the AGM when Somers was setting out the agenda for the meeting, in the gazeebo on the pitch,and just wanted to invade the pitch when he said "you get to say whatever you want when you're chairman at Rangers"

Dave King saved us from the thieves and charlatans who just came and went at their leisure,and i will put money on that the chubster from sports direct wished he had never taken him on.

Me personally am eternally grateful to Dave King,and hope that his contribution is recognised by the club,and by some on here who hated him.

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Whats the route both teams have? 

We'd have the route they always had.

Teams like cluj etc, after playing teams from, Iceland, Faroes, San Marino etc.

If they as expected finished 2nd it can be the English, Italian, Spanish, German, 4th placed sides. They'd also have the turks etc earlier on.

Its a cunt of a route 

Yes.

He wasn’t entirely honest with how much money he was going to put in, he oversaw us regularly losing court cases, he gave us Warburton, Pedro and tried to give us McInnes. He also, potentially, got lucky with the league being stopped last year - I’m not convinced Gerrard would have stayed, if our form had continued the way it was going.

However, he did get our club back, we do have a very good manager, who might go on to be a great and we are going to win 55 this season.

His legendary status isn’t confirmed yet, but it’s only a matter of time.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

We'd have the route they always had.

Teams like cluj etc, after playing teams from, Iceland, Faroes, San Marino etc.

If they as expected finished 2nd it can be the English, Italian, Spanish, German, 4th placed sides. They'd also have the turks etc earlier on.

Its a cunt of a route 

Obviously need to wait till that time but with our record in Europe under Gerrard would be very confident of getting through that route 

Definitely. It's easy to talk about how big of a Rangers man you are,but this man has demonstrated it time and time again by putting his personal millions into the club. Often money that he knew would never come back,and wasn't even sure would be appreciated, or that it would facilitate success. When it initially didn't, he dug into his pockets again. His money just gave us a chance to compete,and without it we could never have been competitive. Same goes for Douglas Park,George Taylor and George Letham. 

If it wasn't for Dave King there is little doubt we would now be playing in the Sports Direct Arena, shirt sponsor Sports Direct, even more Sports direct plastered all over the place, no advertising or merchandise revenue from it all because that's the deal you get when Ashley gives you loans, no hope, no progress, just a cash cow for that fat leech.

There were only 2 scenarios that could have played out under King or Ashley and they are polar opposites. If Ashley got his teeth sunk in further we would have been screwed forever. Probably the most important turn of events in our history.

13 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Think we'd be finished if King hadn't ousted the previous regime and then fat Ashley. His best move was Gerrard and his backroom staff in. Yes King will go down as the man who saved our club.Alot of people didn't want him at our club but it was a god send. Onwards and upwards 🇬🇧🇬🇧

He took dogs abuse, as did anyone who supported him, from a lot of posters on here.

Archived