The Steven Gerrard Thread

RockwellGers

Player threads galore but we should have a thread for the charismatic man that is Stevie G, a man who has been in love with one club all his days (I can relate) but seems to have The Famous in his heart now (he said as much and it seems to be the case). 

Clearly he is becoming a great manager, seems to be mastering this craft as he did with the player's one. Logic says he will be back at Liverpool in the next few years. We don't know how long he will stay at Ibrox but personally I think he will be here another couple of years, he's already done a lot with this project and will want to keep it going, seems to me that is in keeping with his mentality. Taking Rangers ever higher will appeal to him and he'll be conscious of his legacy. Obviously 55 will make him immortal to us and he will know that, but he is very ambitious and I think he'll want to keep improving beyond anyone's expectations.

I've read in a few articles recently about him bringing pride and dignity to Rangers and for me he has definitely done that. He has got what Rangers is about and found common ground there. I think he relished the challenge of getting us back to where we should have been, a hero story, a triumphant return. That is something I think he craves and I reckon he looks on our progression with huge pride.

Press conferences have taken on a new meaning since Stevie has been around, he's great at handling the press (what'dyou mean "Lion's Den"?)

Anyway his performance is under as much scrutiny as anyone else's, hence this thread.

Oh, and I love Stevie. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was younger, I was a midfielder so I have always admired the great ones because for me, they stand out in a team. Gerrard & Zidane were my favourite two to watch. Not just the skill but the grit they had. That fire in the belly is not easily found.

I couldn't believe the day he signed to become our manager. Of course he has made mistakes along the way, but his marketing magnet has made us a recognizable team again on the continent as we begin to win again. And his determination to win has never left him from his footballing days. There is more to come from him in winning ways...

But there is so much more... the way he handles the media is fantastic. Look at the way he dresses on game days compared to his counterpart. He eptomizes everything it is to represent Rangers.

I could go on... I guess I agree with the OP.

Just now, bluenoz said:

When I was younger, I was a midfielder so I have always admired the great ones because for me, they stand out in a team. Gerrard & Zidane were my favourite two to watch. Not just the skill but the grit they had.

I couldn't believe the day he signed to become our manager. Of course he has made mistakes along the way, but his marketing magnet has made us a recognizable team again on the continent as we began to win again. And his determination to win has never left him from his footballing days. There is more to come from him in winning ways...

But there is so much more... the way he handles the media is fantastic. Look at the way he dresses on game days compared to his counterpart. He optimizes everything it is to represent Rangers.

I could go on... I guess I agree with the OP.

All good points mate. especially the first one. I think some of his premiership/England squad pals have taken a shine to Rangers due to his involvement, and players are more likely to want to work here under his regime . It all helps. It's all about the Rangers

2 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I love our Gaffer. I would make sure I cooked him a top class breakfast and a roast dinner after riding him silly!

I hope he's reading this. He's been very loyal as I understand but riding him silly AND breakfast is some offer

If Gerrard wins the title and stops the 10iar.... the ripple effect will be massive. I may sound like I'm exaggerating but the magnitude of this is off the scale for us.

It puts the tarriers back in their place and ruins their untouchable confidence they've had the past 9 years. It firmly announces that Rangers are back and back on top where we belong. That very fact rips the heart out of the tims. Look at the implosion already and were only in January. Their banter years are over and they know it. They are now in a battle for 2nd place whilst we canter the league, it is literally tearing their soul out and it will hurt them for many years whilst we grow stronger from it. Our confidence and belief will be sky high.

However, for me the game changer will be CL qualification. If Gerrard achieves this then he will undoubtedly go down as a Rangers Legend. The result of that CL money literally puts us on our feet financially and places us in a very strong position going forward. All the while the tarriers get weaker hopefully.

Don't get it twisted troops.... this is fucking massive. Not just for this season but for the future aswell. 

Archived