One thing I'm missing from the passing of the "banter" baton. Our fanzines

Madina

It's always annoyed me that "they" have 3 or 4 printed fanzines plus their official magazine still on the go, and we have nothing. Always found it poor that a club our size did away with fanzines and official weekly/monthly magazine. Anobody want to get back on the wagon and produce one detailing this glorious season so far? 🤔

Follow Follow was a great little read too, I think there might still be a pile of them back at my Mum's house, if she hasn't had a tidy-oot!  Who was The Govanhill Gub?

I used to make sure I bought mine off the tidy wee blonde burd that stood between the subway and the old Rangers Shop on the corner.

Buying the fanzines was a great part of my Matchday experience. Number1 was my fave but I also enjoyed Follow Follow. There was a Rangers historian one as well. Just annoys me that most big clubs still have one and we don’t 

I used to always buy the Number One then I'd keep it to read on the Sunday morning. Was some great stories over the years,  used to love reading the tales of mad euro trips and folk staying in the dodgiest places you can think of etc. Sad that its gone as it was like a wee tradition buying it every week.

I'd occasionally buy a follow follow but No1 was always my go to fanzine.

As much as I'd like to see fanzines back I can't see them ever being profitable so there wouldn't be much point 

1 hour ago, Willis said:

I used to always buy the Number One then I'd keep it to read on the Sunday morning. Was some great stories over the years,  used to love reading the tales of mad euro trips and folk staying in the dodgiest places you can think of etc. Sad that its gone as it was like a wee tradition buying it every week.

I'd occasionally buy a follow follow but No1 was always my go to fanzine.

As much as I'd like to see fanzines back I can't see them ever being profitable so there wouldn't be much point 

I think theres still a "demand" for fanzines. Lots of clubs still do both printed and online versions, even Killie ffs. 

This isn’t meant to sound snide but it’ll come across this way. You hear loads of folk banging on about stuff like these going out of print but doing nothing to actually bring it back. If you have a passion for stuff like this mate take the gamble and print it , happy to subscribe and judging by this thread loads of others will be as well 

13 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

This isn’t meant to sound snide but it’ll come across this way. You hear loads of folk banging on about stuff like these going out of print but doing nothing to actually bring it back. If you have a passion for stuff like this mate take the gamble and print it , happy to subscribe and judging by this thread loads of others will be as well 

There’s been 11 replies. Two of which are the OP. There’s not enough demand for any print media to justify the time, work and money it would take. 

On 17/01/2021 at 11:55, roboscot said:

Follow Follow was a great little read too, I think there might still be a pile of them back at my Mum's house, if she hasn't had a tidy-oot!  Who was The Govanhill Gub?

I used to make sure I bought mine off the tidy wee blonde burd that stood between the subway and the old Rangers Shop on the corner.

Yes I remember her - I wonder what happened to her ?

1 minute ago, Dado'sMulls said:

What happened to it mate? Used to be part of my match day ritual, get the Number 1 going into the ground and pish maself laughing reading it at half time 😂

I think the Internet killed it mate, last I heard wee George (the editor) was flogging kitchens. 

3 hours ago, They Gnu said:

I think the Internet killed it mate, last I heard wee George (the editor) was flogging kitchens. 

Shame that, would be good to get hold of some old issues. Could even start a thread on here recapping the talking points/nonsense in each issue.

Archived