Gerrard will never give up on alfie

Gerrard wants and needs him scoring again as that is what will increase his value. Which in turn increases his budget when Alfie goes, likely come the summer.

I actually liked more his comments in the latter part of the article. A very mature outlook about ignoring the noise from others and just concentrating on getting the points. Brilliant attitude thats served us well whilst others across the city waxed lyrical about their 10 this season 😆

Good article, said it before but if we only get half a season out of him each time, I'd rather it was this half of the season. 

Liking Gerrards whole tone this season, not letting anyone get ahead of themselves and keeping feet on the ground. 

Nice read for first thing on a Sunday...

Matt1998 and kelvd1873 like this
25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I absolutely love the fucking crazy wee bastard, and even at the age I am, I love the wee guy. I'd love to see him get the league clinching goal.

A bizarre yet Intriguing choice of phrase :)

25 minutes ago, beararse said:

A bizarre yet Intriguing choice of phrase :)

25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm 5 ya perv 

‘Intriguing’ in the sense ‘why mention it?’

I’d have thought every single person on this forum has/does love a player regardless of the fact they are aged 16, 96 or, in your case, 5.

My Fathers Scarf likes this

Good read, reassuringly modest & grounded at the end re the noise.  

He’s obviously got an unbelievable range of football contacts at the very top to turn to for advice etc , I often wonder who he relies on most.  

Also good to know we have a Player Liaison Executive, sounds like a slight step up from Stevie in IT !

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

With the shite he’s taken lifting the league trophy should be especially sweet for Alfie 

In the Carlsberg season it has been, is it greedy to also want Alfie to score the title clincher when we win the league at their dump in March? 😁

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

In the Carlsberg season it has been, is it greedy to also want Alfie to score the title clincher when we win the league at their dump in March? 😁

Don’t be daft mate...

It’s getting clinched before then 

45 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Good read, reassuringly modest & grounded at the end re the noise.  

He’s obviously got an unbelievable range of football contacts at the very top to turn to for advice etc , I often wonder who he relies on most.  

Also good to know we have a Player Liaison Executive, sounds like a slight step up from Stevie in IT !

Had a player liaison for years. It used to be John Greig and then Sandy Jardine.

Edit. Can’t remember who it was but one of the foreign boys under Advocaat didn’t realise John Greig was an ex player until he’d been at the club a while, thought he was just some man sent to collect him from the airport 😂 Think it may have been Arthur Numan.

ayrshireranger and Amokachi like this