'Fear the worst' - Rangers loanee in injury blow as boss admits major concerns

The Dude

Rangers loanee Ross McCrorie faces an anxious wait to discover the extent of an ankle injury sustained in Aberdeen’s 4-1 thumping by Ross County – and Dons boss Derek McInnes admits he fears the worst.

Read More: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-loanee-in-injury-blow-as-boss-admits-major-concerns/

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Has been agreed but both sides can agree not to go ahead with it.

I think they have got a very good deal there at 300k. An asset they will make money on. 

He wouldn't be anywhere near game time here but that's a good deal.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Has been agreed but both sides can agree not to go ahead with it.

I thought Aberdeen had an obligation to buy at the end of his loan deal and the fee was already agreed?

Either way, he won't play for us again tbh.

Just now, BlueMe said:

I thought Aberdeen had an obligation to buy at the end of his loan deal and the fee was already agreed?

Either way, he won't play for us again tbh.

They do. Until it goes through though, both clubs can still agree to pull the plug.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They do. Until it goes through though, both clubs can still agree to pull the plug.

Really? That would be the case if it was an option to buy rather than obligated to buy surely?

My understanding of an obligation to buy is some buying teams will use it to get around FFP regulations and others because they can't afford the fee straight away, but either way, the player is away.

I could be wrong tbf.

J-Maestro likes this

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Really? That would be the case if it was an option to buy rather than obligated to buy surely?

My understanding of an obligation to buy is some buying teams will use it to get around FFP regulations and others because they can't afford the fee straight away, but either way, the player is away.

I could be wrong tbf.

You're understanding is correct. There's almost always an escape clause though - just in case - but it usually needs all parties' agreement to be used. Rangers (or Aberdeen) couldn't decide on their own to scrap it.

NorthernLights and BlueMe like this

No way we should agree to pull out if that gets mooted. I like McCrorie he gave everything when given the chance and was one of the better players at times when we were in a bad place but he wasn’t good enough to properly make it and we we need to move some fringe players on to help us strengthen again in the summer 

And the sheep can go fuck themselves 

Aberdeen has to fulfill their commitments now, sorry to hear for Ross I hope he won't be out too long but it's not Rangers concern anymore. I find it's a little easy and not very class from the Dandies. 

1 minute ago, IRed said:

Aberdeen has to fulfill their commitments now, sorry to hear for Ross I hope he won't be out too long but it's Rangers concern anymore. I find it's a little easy and not very class from the Dandies. 

The dandies? What about the beanos?