Ryan Kent

GOAT

Kent's assist for Morelos' opener was his ninth of the season in all competitions - as many as he provided in 2018-19 (6) and 2019-20 (3) combined. He also scored his 10th goal of the season, the first time he has reached double figures in a campaign.

The stats don't lie, the lad is improving. He will no doubt get better under SG and add more goals to his game. 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I still think he can't shoot very well from distance despite many attempts but I'm probably being overly critical.

He has a great engine in him. Runs all night and never gives up. Has definitely upped his game since getting benched.

He was injured 

European football is so much more open suiting Kent and many of our other forwards. They tend to rely on their superior technical skills whereas the SPFL teams are just intent on stopping us play and they revert to 10 men behind the ball and overly physical challenges.

A real treat to see us play classy football, although to be fair Antwerps defence is pretty ropey.

• 2 weeks later...

Great goal today and has more than played his part in bringing home 55.We will treble our money on him in a couple of seasons as he will only get better.

Could he go on to play for England? I genuinely think in time he could if wants it bad enough.He could easily play for a top 6 EPL side as he becomes more consistent.

Said at the start of the season. If Kent continued his early form we'd win the title.....He never and we're still pissing it.

He's the most dangerous player in Scotland when on song. He's bang on it now and Buff is hitting the heights again.

These two are a fucking huge boost for our European adventures.

I wouldn't put anything past us this season!

52 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

On the verge of 55, you've hardly posted much lately but felt the need to bump that post. 

Enjoy it ffs

I take your point but it wasn't a random bump.

I posted 3 or 4 weeks ago that Kent should be aiming for 15 each for goals and assists by the end of the season and FAE was arguing it was a ridiculous suggestion.

1 hour ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Lets be thankful he plays for us, if he was in any other team he'd hurt us for fun.

Frankly, that's the same for Kent, Morelas, Tav and Shagger alike. We have four players who would be an absolute pain for us as opposition, yet there are no players in our opposition (Domestically) who could cause us the same pain. We are blessed at the moment and we should enjoy it to the hilt. Fuck those bleating, bead rattling apologists!

4 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Frankly, that's the same for Kent, Morelas, Tav and Shagger alike. We have four players who would be an absolute pain for us as opposition, yet there are no players in our opposition (Domestically) who could cause us the same pain. We are blessed at the moment and we should enjoy it to the hilt. Fuck those bleating, bead rattling apologists!

I hope he/they stays for the long haul.

4 hours ago, Number5 said:

Said at the start of the season. If Kent continued his early form we'd win the title.....He never and we're still pissing it.

He's the most dangerous player in Scotland when on song. He's bang on it now and Buff is hitting the heights again.

These two are a fucking huge boost for our European adventures.

I wouldn't put anything past us this season!

Only thing stopping us in Europe now is a hangover 😂

Kent is 100% effort every game and its great to see him back to his best form just when we reach the final push where the silverware matters. 

Often when we've been slower and more lethargic against packed defences in the second half of the season (too often) he is the one guy always looking to unlock an opportunity. I love it when I see his confidence returning to the point that he'll have a crack when he's created one or two of these opportunties (that he himself has created)

The Boy Is A Class Act :champions:

Archived